• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NYPOST: Hamas supports Ground Zero Mosque

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Hamas nod for Ground Zero mosque
Terror group's leader: 'Have to build it'
By S.A. MILLER in Washington and TOM TOPOUSIS in New York

A leader of the Hamas terror group yesterday jumped into the emotional debate on the plan to construct a mosque near Ground Zero -- insisting Muslims "have to build" it there.

"We have to build everywhere," said Mahmoud al-Zahar, a co-founder of Hamas and the organization's chief on the Gaza Strip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh noes....Hamas said it needs to be done; we'd better do it. Why we should always consider what Hamas is saying and then do the opposite!

Pfft, I don't give a **** what those terrorist ****s think. And just because they may endorse building this mosque doesn't mean we should give a rat's ass about what they say. They ain't in charge here, they don't set the rules. We do. And we set the rules to respect and abide by the rights and liberties of the individual. If you follow which dictates that we allow them the ability to build the mosque in that location. Done and done.

Oh noes....Hamas said it needs to be done; we'd better do it. Why we should always consider what Hamas is saying and then do the opposite!

Pfft, I don't give a **** what those terrorist ****s think. And just because they may endorse building this mosque doesn't mean we should give a rat's ass about what they say. They ain't in charge here, they don't set the rules. We do. And we set the rules to respect and abide by the rights and liberties of the individual. If you follow which dictates that we allow them the ability to build the mosque in that location. Done and done.

Might I remind you that NYPOST is a Tabloid.

Pay it no mind ROFL.

More irrational arguments.

I guess if terrorist advocated that we teach our kids to read and write then we should stop merely because a terrorist group is advocating it.

The point of the post (and my thanks to the Moderators, as I completely cocked up the rules here) was that Hamas' support of the Ground Zero Mosque coincides with the President's support for the GZ Mosque ... the meeting of extreme Islam on the one hand and Democratic, egalitarian religious tolerance on the other. I find it odd that both Hamas and Mr. Obama agree that Muslims "must have houses of worship" (regardless of location) in order for America (not the greater Islamic world) to show "compassion and religious egalitarianism."

No one has yet asked the itching questions:

-When will Islam show its religious egalitarianism? Tolerance?
-When will Mecca, the holiest of Islamic cities, hold a Gay Pride Parade?
-When will the Islamic world build synagogues and churches?

Last edited:
Obama agrees with Hamas! Obama agrees with Hamas!

:lol:

No one has yet asked the itching question: When will Islam show its religious egalitarianism? When will Mecca, the holiest of Islamic cities, hold a Gay Pride Parade?

Heh. Mecca will never ever host any parade of any form. Any non-religious behaviour is banned in the holy city. So that will be never

The point of the post (and my thanks to the Moderators, as I completely cocked up the rules here) was that Hamas' support of the Ground Zero Mosque coincides with the President's support for the GZ Mosque as well. I find it odd that both Hamas and Mr. Obama agree that Muslims "must have houses of worship" (regardless of location) in order for America (not the greater Islamic world) to show "compassion and religious egalitarianism."

No one has yet asked the itching question: When will Islam show its religious egalitarianism? When will Mecca, the holiest of Islamic cities, hold a Gay Pride Parade?

So if you agree with Hamas, even by coincidence....it means something? Is that what you're getting at? Really? Should you maybe rethink that a bit? What Obama said was not incorrect, and it doesn't matter what Hamas says. And if Hamas says that we have to let the mosque be built there to live by our principles of religious freedom....that's a true statement. It doesn't matter if it came from Hamas or not. Finding it odd that they agree is a desperate attempt to lend significance to this coincidence and nothing more. There's no significance in it. And last I checked, Mecca wasn't in the United States of America. So the rules are different there. I don't care what they allow in Mecca; what they allow in Mecca in no way, shape or form affects our rights and our liberties here in the US. And it is by those we must abide.

No one has yet asked the itching question: When will Islam show its religious egalitarianism? When will Mecca, the holiest of Islamic cities, hold a Gay Pride Parade?[/COLOR]

Maybe because it is irrelevant perhaps?

It is a sad day in America when who gets the right to do what hinges not on our constitution but something stupid like the customs and social norms of people in a country thousands of miles away from here.

Heh. Mecca will never ever host any parade of any form. Any non-religious behaviour is banned in the holy city. So that will be never

I wonder what law is stronger in such a case, the ban of non-religious behavior from Mecca or the ban of non-straight behavior from Saudi Arabia.

What do they do first; stop the parade, or execute the homosexuals?

Perhaps both are one.

Laila,

Thank you for your comment:

It seems that Islam's holiest city lacks diversity, religious and sexual tolerance. There are no gay Imam's, no gay bars, no gay organizations.

I wonder what law is stronger in such a case, the ban of non-religious behavior from Mecca or the ban of non-straight behavior from Saudi Arabia.

What do they do first; stop the parade, or execute the homosexuals?

Perhaps both are one.

:shrug:
What non straight behaviour are we talking about? If it's public sex then they are gonna get it first

I am entirely unsure why what Hamas thinks about an issue in NY maters to any one.

It seems that Islam's holiest city lacks diversity, religious and sexual tolerance. There are no gay Imam's, no gay bars, no gay organizations.

Of course it lacks diversity. There is only one religion it hosts.
Gay Bars? What type of city do you think Mecca is? It's no Las Vegas you know.

Well it seems to me that if you don't go there, everything will be fine. Who the **** cares? Does their intolerance towards gay people affect the way you're treated in Texas? The ****ing forget about it. Why is it even an issue?

Saudi Arabia arrests, tortures, and then beheads homosexuals; as a homosexual this means a lot to me and millions of us.

All across the Middle East, homosexuals are raped, beaten and tortured by "Islamic Religious Police" (not to mention Jews, Christians, those of the Ba'hai faith and the millions of cultural minorities who live and work in the Middle East, but have no rights).

Liberals talk about "diversity" -- but are unwilling to condemn Islam, Sharia Law, totalitarian Islamic theocratic governments.

:shrug:
What non straight behaviour are we talking about? If it's public sex then they are gonna get it first

I think I was pretty clear that I was referring to the LGBT group.

Liberals talk about "diversity" -- but are unwilling to condemn Islam, Sharia Law, totalitarian Islamic theocratic governments.

The problem with those Governments is the fact they are theocracies and authoritarian :roll:

But do you expect any different from Saudi Arabia? It is the country which has declared the Qu'ran as their "constitution". Mixing religion and politics is always dangerous.

I think I was pretty clear that I was referring to the LGBT group.

I know that but if said community is just standing around Mecca, it won't be that bad for them.
I'm sure gay individuals have entered Mecca before anyway.

Of course they support it. It's a long-standing Islamic tradition to build a mosque at the point of a great conquest. It's like crapping in your front yard, then rubbing your nose in it.

Saudi Arabia arrests, tortures, and then beheads homosexuals; as a homosexual this means a lot to me and millions of us.

Don't go to Saudi Arabia...problem solved. I wouldn't go there either; place sucks.

Is this an attempt at illogically pinning those who support the mosque to the likes of Hamas? It's intellectually dishonest and I'm sure Hamas doesn't support it for the same reason we do. I highly doubt they support it for reasons of religious freedom and American values. But nice try though.

Back
Top Bottom