• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NYPD Union Calls For Boycott Of Quentin Tarantino Films

Oh, brother.

On what planet are black people (I can only assume that's the "group" to which you refer) "being asked to dictate police procedure"?

And it wouldn't be a Ray410 post without some obligatory whining about Obama.

Obama is a thousand times the president than his utterly worthless predecessor.

Who cares about any opinion by the NYPD union?

Obama is intellectually arrogant, and surrounds himself with people of the same mind.

Good for them. They can call for all the boycotts they want. Ain't gonna work, and it just makes them look stupid and childish, but hey, it ain't my union.

I don't disagree with you - wouldn't be my preferred course of action - I'm just opposed to those who feel it's outrageous that the police union would do this and can be allowed to do it.

Read more @: NYPD Union Calls For Boycott Of Quentin Tarantino Films

Are you kidding me :roll: Protesting against police brutality now somehow makes you a "cop hater"? [/FONT][/COLOR]

Calling cops murderers when by far it's most often the case that police shootings are justified.

Baahh! Just another celebutard from Hollyweird shooting their mouths off without a clue about it; congenitally in search of some sort of lime light.

Read more @: NYPD Union Calls For Boycott Of Quentin Tarantino Films

Are you kidding me :roll: Protesting against police brutality now somehow makes you a "cop hater"? [/FONT][/COLOR]

In and of itself, no, protesting against police brutality does not make one a cop hater. However how much would you want to bet that a lot of people that attend such protests ARE cop haters, even long before Ferguson? Not saying that all of them are, just a lot of them.

Why the surprise here?

Don't we respect free speech? When we exercise free speech don't we accept the consequences?

Aren't we constantly reminded that when you're in a business or represent a business that if you express your free speech prerogative you might have others who express theirs through actions, like boycotts?

Isn't this similar to what happened to Chick-filet? Or any number of other businesses who expressed opinions that were unpopular with a segment of the population and that segment then proceeded to withdraw their support/cash?

I say good for the NYPD union. They're people too. And if some Hollywood know-it-all wants to mouth off, let him/her suffer the consequences like anyone else. And for those on the left who don't like it, go dine out on gay wedding pizza and cake.

I really doubt that Quentin "Blow up Hitler and the entire Nazi High Command" Tarantino is going to lose in a contest of popularity with the NYPD Union guy.

Who cares about any opinion by the NYPD union?

Unions thrive on public obliviousness and apathy about what they really are. Anything that raises public awareness of what they're up to and the mentality they espouse is ultimately a good thing.

Unions thrive on public obliviousness and apathy about what they really are. Anything that raises public awareness of what they're up to and the mentality they espouse is ultimately a good thing.

I seem to recall the same union whining about something written on a cup to a cop, and calling for a boycott for that.

It takes class to hold one's head high, and the one thing, among many, that the NYPD police union does not have is class.

They are to stupid to see that they do not have the clout to hurt anybody with a boycott - nobody cares about their petty ****.

I seem to recall the same union whining about something written on a cup to a cop, and calling for a boycott for that.

It takes class to hold one's head high, and the one thing, among many, that the NYPD police union does not have is class.

They are to stupid to see that they do not have the clout to hurt anybody with a boycott - nobody cares about their petty ****.

People should care, because their petty **** makes its way to the closed-door negotiating tables where they ask for more goodies from the management they basically paid to install via their enormous donations to Democratic Party campaigns at the local and state levels. Unions quietly install leadership favorable to their interests and then quietly fleece the taxpayer. People need to be watchdogs over unions' tireless covert self-serving tactics.

People should care, because their petty **** makes its way to the closed-door negotiating tables where they ask for more goodies from the management they basically paid to install via their enormous donations to Democratic Party campaigns at the local and state levels. Unions quietly install leadership favorable to their interests and then quietly fleece the taxpayer. People need to be watchdogs over unions' tireless covert self-serving tactics.

Rather than just blame the police union for all of the monetary games, remember that someone in the city government has approved their bull**** labor increases.

It takes two to tango.

Rather than just blame the police union for all of the monetary games, remember that someone in the city government has approved their bull**** labor increases.

It takes two to tango.

And unions get to basically select their dance partner. You can't blame a government installed by Big Labor for not pushing back against Big Labor.

[h=1]Tarantino says he won't be intimidated by police boycotts[/h]
NEW YORK (AP) — After a week of backlash from police groups threatening to boycott his upcoming film, Quentin Tarantino stood by his comments about police brutality and said he wouldn't be intimidated from voicing his opinion.
Tarantino told the Los Angeles Times on Tuesday that law enforcement groups are trying to bully him. "Instead of dealing with the problem of police brutality in this country, better they single me out," Tarantino told the Times.
"And their message is very clear," he continued. "It's to shut me down. It's to discredit me. It is to intimidate me. It is to shut my mouth, and even more important than that, it is to send a message out to any other prominent person that might feel the need to join that side of the argument."
The director's strong response signaled that he wasn't backing down from what he said last month at an anti-police brutality rally Brooklyn. Tarantino said he was "on the side of the murdered."
His comments provoked outrage from a growing number of police groups that have called for the boycott of Tarantino's December release "The Hateful Eight." They include the National Association of Police Organizations and local groups in New York, New Jersey, Los Angeles, Chicago and Philadelphia.

Back
Top Bottom