• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NYPD cops caught on video beating alleged pizza thief

Looks like they beat him unconscious after he was in handcuffs, too.

The court refused to take his lawsuit against the cops. Hmmm...

I grew-up with old-school/old-country Sicilians & Calabrese on my Mom's side of the family.

I suspect they'd approve of this!

#StopPizzaThievery

Cops seen in video beating alleged pizza thief sidelined - NY Daily News

I believe the man did actually do the deed. But, that does not justify the acts of LE. They need to lose their badges forever. All of them that were involved in the beating and subsequent cover up should never be allowed to be LE again.

While I don't like jumping to conclusions, there appears to be absolutely no reason why that one hispanic looking cop came in and starting beating on the suspect. The first indian/arabic looking cop semeed to have things under control without use of the baton he had in his hand.

However, around the :19/:20 mark, it does appear the indian looking cop tried to take the subject's raised hand and the subject seemed to pull it back. Not really sure that justifies a beating, nor do I agree this constitutes as "flailing his arms".

While I don't like jumping to conclusions, there appears to be absolutely no reason why that one hispanic looking cop came in and starting beating on the suspect. The first indian/arabic looking cop semeed to have things under control without use of the baton he had in his hand.

However, around the :19/:20 mark, it does appear the indian looking cop tried to take the subject's raised hand and the subject seemed to pull it back. Not really sure that justifies a beating, nor do I agree this constitutes as "flailing his arms".

Why are you noting their race / ethnicity?

Why are you noting their race / ethnicity?

Because I don't know their names, and it is the best way to describe which is which when I speak of them.

I believe the man did actually do the deed. But, that does not justify the acts of LE. They need to lose their badges forever. All of them that were involved in the beating and subsequent cover up should never be allowed to be LE again.

This was reported a year ago. Apparently nothing has happened that's newsworthy since on the matter. Sorry, but that sounds like a cover up. Shouldn't be that way.

Sick of justice delayed.

lulz. It's the NYPD: easily in the running for the most corrupt PD in the nation. They'll probably intimidate and arrest anyone who took smartphone video of the beating.

This was reported a year ago. Apparently nothing has happened that's newsworthy since on the matter. Sorry, but that sounds like a cover up. Shouldn't be that way.

Sick of justice delayed.
And people wonder why cops get targeted.

I grew-up with old-school/old-country Sicilians & Calabrese on my Mom's side of the family.

I suspect they'd approve of this!

#StopPizzaThievery

Me too, we have something in common.

I'm thinking that this is not an isolated incident and this punk has done this many times before and maybe....many other crimes...and the police were sick and tired of dealing with this scumbag's repeat offenses and wanted to get the point across, whereby the courts had failed.
It's called curbstone justice and it's been very effective at times.

As always, videos and photos don't tell the whole story...only a snippet of the truth.

Last edited:

I'm thinking that this is not an isolated incident and this punk has done this many times before and maybe....many other crimes...and the police were sick and tired of sealing with this scumbag and wanted to get the point across whereby the courts had not.

As always, videos and photos don't tell the whole story...only a snippet of the truth.

Either way, there is absolutely no justification for the actions that I see on camera as of yet.

However, I can still hold out judgement, but I also have to take into consideration that this is an old case, and there probably isn't much more information on it.

So my judgement of the case stands, these officers acted inappropriately and deserve to be punished for their actions.

And people wonder why cops get targeted.

Cops shouldn't ever get targeted for violence. No matter what.

The bad ones should lose their jobs, their pension money they've paid in should be refunded to them and they should be covered in the newspaper just like any other professional who beat the crap out of someone for no reason at all.

Makes me nervous to call my broker.

Either way, there is absolutely no justification for the actions that I see on camera as of yet.

However, I can still hold out judgement, but I also have to take into consideration that this is an old case, and there probably isn't much more information on it.

So my judgement of the case stands, these officers acted inappropriately and deserve to be punished for their actions.

I can't play the video, I need to update

I'm thinking that this is not an isolated incident and this punk has done this many times before and maybe....many other crimes...and the police were sick and tired of dealing with this scumbag's repeat offenses and wanted to get the point across, whereby the courts had failed.

Well, I was making a bit of a joke on my ethnic heritage here.

But it is a true in my old neighborhood back in the day, only we called it street justice. It also went for & against too, and there is a time I sometimes miss the way things were run. If there was a bad guy causing problems and getting away with it, the coppers would figure out a way to take care of it. Conversely, if an otherwise good guy had an unlikely situation, well that might get taken care of too.

But here's what happens when it goes too far:

[Believe it or not, this guy was a hero in the eyes of many in the neighborhood. To hide the evidence, the city gutted and converted his old police station into a youth center - mid investigation!]

Wikipedia: Jon Burge

Interesting video,, I don't know if he had stolen the pizza from the store he was in?,,, But in my eye's that looked like a textbook take down, You can read the one officers lips, he say several times, Get down, Get down, at one time he says Get down or I'm going to hit you. That's just before the big guy come's in. It always seems to me that the first thing any officer want's is for the suspect to get to the ground and get the hands behind the back. This guy refused several commands to get down, The officer poking with the baton, that did not look violent to me, (Not like it could have). Once he was handcuffed all the physical stuff ended. Unless there is more to this video that I have not seen.

djl

OOOps,, My bad.. did not see the second video of him being dragged from the ( i guess apartment building where his girl friend lived) but that video shows even less..

djl

Last edited:
Interesting video,, I don't know if he had stolen the pizza from the store he was in?,,, But in my eye's that looked like a textbook take down, You can read the one officers lips, he say several times, Get down, Get down, at one time he says Get down or I'm going to hit you. That's just before the big guy come's in. It always seems to me that the first thing any officer want's is for the suspect to get to the ground and get the hands behind the back. This guy refused several commands to get down, The officer poking with the baton, that did not look violent to me, (Not like it could have). Once he was handcuffed all the physical stuff ended. Unless there is more to this video that I have not seen.

djl

OOOps,, My bad.. did not see the second video of him being dragged from the ( i guess apartment building where his girl friend lived) but that video shows even less..

djl

Even so, being told to get down and not complying with the order is not justification to go to hard empty hand or impact weapon use by an officer.

The most appropriate force to be used in such a circumstance would be to use soft empty hand (pressure point pain compliance) or use of pepper spray.

Caine

Good points but soft empty hand just don't work on some folks, ( not saying so in this case ),, And pepper spray?? While a darn good dis-abler, I think I would rather get punched a few times than have my eye's on fire. I put pepper spray right there with the taser, 2 thing I DON'T want to happen to me.

djl

Caine

Good points but soft empty hand just don't work on some folks, ( not saying so in this case ),, And pepper spray?? While a darn good dis-abler, I think I would rather get punched a few times than have my eye's on fire. I put pepper spray right there with the taser, 2 thing I DON'T want to happen to me.

djl

And yet pepper spray is appropriately placed on most department use of force continuum as useful against someone who is displaying passive resistance.

What do you do when someone resists arrest (if that's what happened), just go away?

if you have done that, you should be in prison.

In your opinion. Go talk to some of the victims of these asswipes!

talk about asswipes!

you are why police have bad reputations. they called and asked that you would STFU and stop making them look like lunatics

thanks. bye

Back
Top Bottom