• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NYC woman’s emotional support dog adopted while she was hospitalized

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

A disabled New Yorker’s emotional support dog was brought to the Big Apple pound when she had a medical emergency — and when she tried to get the pup back, he’d been adopted and already had a new name, The Post has learned.

“I literally dropped to my knees when I heard that,” Denise McCurrie, 51, said of her beloved 6-year-old miniature Schnauzer previously named Roscoe, who has lived with her since he was a puppy.

“It’s been a nightmare.”

McCurrie, a former Wall Street underwriter who’s been on disability since she left the business in 2008 following the housing market crash, has long suffered from depression and anxiety and on April 16, called 911 while in the throes of a “nervous breakdown,” she told The Post.
============================================================================
I live with an emotional support woman.

What a failure on the animal center, if the woman's side of the story is correct. I would imagine she could try and contact the new owners, or with this article and publicity reach them another way, and any decent person would reunite them.

Hold on, hold on, hold on.

There cannot be simply nothing you can do if someone takes your pet to a pound that lets someone else adopt them.

“ACC does not have the dog in its possession. We have reached out to the rescue group with whom the dog was placed, and they are currently conferring with legal counsel regarding the situation,” a spokesperson said in a statement.
Yeah, that's probably a better idea than telling the lady "meh, we gave him away. Yer screwed."

I read the article a few times and it says that the ACC transferred the dog to a rescue group. Did I miss it in the article where it says the r4escue adopted the dog out?

I read the article a few times and it says that the ACC transferred the dog to a rescue group. Did I miss it in the article where it says the r4escue adopted the dog out?
This is further proof that the axiom 'if something can go wrong it will' applies to most situations of this sort. Anything out of the normal routine is cast into the winds of fate.

Back
Top Bottom