• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NYC CHR pamphlet

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This is entertaining - http://www.nyc.gov/html/cchr/downloads/pdf/publications/GenderID_Card2015.pdf

I appreciate the clarification regarding what is prohibited but, frankly, I'm still confused. What I'm getting out of this is that if I'm discourteous to someone regarding their gender I'm going to get in trouble but this is a lot to remember!! I also foresee issues where it could be difficult for the uninitiated to discern between "Gender Gifted Bob" and "Hijra Pangender Bob". I mean, seriously, the phone number to file a complaint is three digits but we have to differentiate between a few dozen genders when referring to someone we don't know?

I can see it now -

"Officer! That guy just stole my wallet!"

"You have just referred to a non-binary transgender individual with a gender specific term. Kiss your wallet goodbye because we're hauling you off to 48 weeks of sensitivity training!"

-edit-

FFS!!!! There's a difference between "transexual" and "transsexual"?

This is entertaining - http://www.nyc.gov/html/cchr/downloads/pdf/publications/GenderID_Card2015.pdf

I appreciate the clarification regarding what is prohibited but, frankly, I'm still confused. What I'm getting out of this is that if I'm discourteous to someone regarding their gender I'm going to get in trouble but this is a lot to remember!! I also foresee issues where it could be difficult for the uninitiated to discern between "Gender Gifted Bob" and "Hijra Pangender Bob". I mean, seriously, the phone number to file a complaint is three digits but we have to differentiate between a few dozen genders when referring to someone we don't know?

I can see it now -

"Officer! That guy just stole my wallet!"

"You have just referred to a non-binary transgender individual with a gender specific term. Kiss your wallet goodbye because we're hauling you off to 48 weeks of sensitivity training!"

-edit-

FFS!!!! There's a difference between "transexual" and "transsexual"?

Gender Gifted? Is that like saying a person is a big di----- never mind. I appreciate that there are people that are struggling with their gender identity. I get that. I really do. I even understand that a trans-woman would want to use the women's restroom.

However, this battle of the pronouns is getting out of hand, as evidenced by the list in the flyer... Butch? Genderqueer? Used to be, we only had He, She, and It (which is not appropriate to use anymore / "it" that is) I've been yelled at for one or more of those terms in the flyer being used by me without knowing that they were "offensive." Now, it appears that they are not offensive, or more confusing, that they are okay for some folks to say or to be referred to as, but not for others. Damn, this social warrior politically correct bull**** language is getting harder and harder to understand as each day passes. At least with the "N" word, I know I can't, nor would I, use it - but that black folks are allowed to use it. With these terms, it appears that not only can I get in trouble being an old straight married guy using the wrong pronoun, but a Butch could piss off a Transexual by referring to them as a Transsexual (one of those terms woke my spell-check up / guess which one) as well.

Like I said, I understand and appreciate the real and difficult problems faced by transsexual men and women. I do not, however, think we should have to change the entire English language for what is approximately 0.3 percent of the population - pick something that doesn't piss you off and let's go with that - that is, if He or She used to describe how you identify just can't do it for you.

I'm trying really hard here to be accepting and understanding, but ... :damn

Last edited:
I wonder what happened to free speech? How about a view that promotes freedom? Anyone want to hear it? Can anyone guess what it is before I even say it? Ok, ok, are you ready? How about people use whatever ****ing pronouns they ****ing feel like and people with hurt feelings grow up.

Seriously, can this **** be any more fascist?

Oh and btw, whoever came up with sensitivity training should be dragged out in the street, beaten, lighten on fire, beaten again, and then thrown off a cliff. **** that guy.

Oh and btw, whoever came up with sensitivity training should be dragged out in the street, beaten, lighten on fire, beaten again, and then thrown off a cliff. **** that guy.

To be fair, I just made up the part about sensitivity training. The actual penalties are -

§ 8-124 Civil penalties for violating commission orders. Any person who fails to comply with an order issued by the commission pursuant to section 8-115 or section 8-120 of this chapter shall be liable for a civil penalty of not more than fifty thousand dollars and an additional civil penalty of not more than one hundred dollars per day for each day that the violation continues.

<<Back

§ 8-125 Enforcement.
(a) Any action or proceeding that may be appropriate or necessary for the enforcement of any order issued by the commission pursuant to this chapter, including actions to secure permanent injunctions enjoining any acts or practices which constitute a violation of any such order, mandating compliance with the provisions of any such order, imposing penalties pursuant to section 8-124 of this chapter, or for such other relief as may be appropriate, may be initiated in any court of competent jurisdiction on behalf of the commission. In any such action or proceeding, application may be made for a temporary restraining order or preliminary injunction, enforcing and restraining all persons from violating any provisions of any such order, or for such other relief as may be just and proper, until hearing and determination of such action or proceeding and the entry of final judgment or order thereon. The court to which such application is made may make any or all of the orders specified, as may be required in such application, with or without notice, and may make such other or further orders or directions as may be necessary to render the same effectual.
(b) In any action or proceeding brought pursuant to subdivision (a) of this section, no person shall be entitled to contest the terms of the order sought to be enforced unless that person has timely commenced a proceeding for review of the order pursuant to section 8-123 of this chapter.

<<Back

§ 8-126 Civil penalties imposed by commission for unlawful discriminatory practices. a. Except as otherwise provided in subdivision thirteen of section 8-107 of this chapter, in addition to any of the remedies and penalties set forth in subdivision (a) of section 8-120 of this chapter, where the commission finds that a person has engaged in an unlawful discriminatory practice, the commission may, to vindicate the public interest, impose a civil penalty of not more than one hundred and twenty-five thousand dollars. Where the commission finds that an unlawful discriminatory practice was the result of the respondent's willful, wanton or malicious act, the commission may, to vindicate the public interest, impose a civil penalty of not more than two hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
b. A respondent that is found liable for an unlawful discriminatory practice or act of discriminatory harassment or violence, as set forth in chapter six of this title, may, in relation to the determination of the appropriate amount of civil penalties to be imposed pursuant to subdivision a of this section, plead and prove any relevant mitigating factor.
c. In addition to any other penalties or sanctions which may be imposed pursuant to any other law, any person who knowingly makes a material false statement in any proceeding conducted, or document or record filed with the commission, or record required to be preserved or made and kept and subject to inspection by the commission pursuant to this chapter shall be liable for a civil penalty of not more than ten thousand dollars.
d. An action or proceeding may be commenced in any court of competent jurisdiction on behalf of the Commission for the recovery of the civil penalties provided for in this section.
Commission on Human Rights - NYC Human Rights Law - Chapter 1

I know, but I still hate sensitivity training. I have the right to be an insensitive dick.

Btw, the fact that they file an obvious first amendment violation as a human right is hilarious. The idea that you have a right to be addressed as you want is not only asinine, but unconstitutional gibberish.

Gender Gifted? Is that like saying a person is a big di----- never mind. I appreciate that there are people that are struggling with their gender identity. I get that. I really do. I even understand that a trans-woman would want to use the women's restroom.

However, this battle of the pronouns is getting out of hand, as evidenced by the list in the flyer... Butch? Genderqueer? Used to be, we only had He, She, and It (which is not appropriate to use anymore / "it" that is) I've been yelled at for one or more of those terms in the flyer being used by me without knowing that they were "offensive." Now, it appears that they are not offensive, or more confusing, that they are okay for some folks to say or to be referred to as, but not for others. Damn, this social warrior politically correct bull**** language is getting harder and harder to understand as each day passes. At least with the "N" word, I know I can't, nor would I, use it - but that black folks are allowed to use it. With these terms, it appears that not only can I get in trouble being an old straight married guy using the wrong pronoun, but a Butch could piss off a Transexual by referring to them as a Transsexual (one of those terms woke my spell-check up / guess which one) as well.

Like I said, I understand and appreciate the real and difficult problems faced by transsexual men and women. I do not, however, think we should have to change the entire English language for what is approximately 0.3 percent of the population - pick something that doesn't piss you off and let's go with that - that is, if He or She used to describe how you identify just can't do it for you.

I'm trying really hard here to be accepting and understanding, but ... :damn

That's it. I strive to be polite but I'm human and sometimes I might not catch on that you are sensitive to a particular issue. However, "polite" is a two way street and at some point you also need to understand that people screw up on occasion. Having the capacity to overlook a minor, unintentional indiscretion is part of being able to live in civil, free society. This kind of crap is the exact opposite of civil and free. It's entirely one sided and authoritarian to the point of insanity.

It is done for people that work -interact - do business with different ethnicity. Have a problem with that?

It is done for people that work -interact - do business with different ethnicity. Have a problem with that?

Yes. Like I said, the guy that came up with the idea should be beaten and burned to death in the street.

That's it. I strive to be polite but I'm human and sometimes I might not catch on that you are sensitive to a particular issue. However, "polite" is a two way street and at some point you also need to understand that people screw up on occasion. Having the capacity to overlook a minor, unintentional indiscretion is part of being able to live in civil, free society. This kind of crap is the exact opposite of civil and free. It's entirely one sided and authoritarian to the point of insanity.

How strictly is it enforced?
Possibly like a comment that is made that can be considered harassment, many times a simple apology is what is done. Settled at the lowest level possible
They do not send you off to the guillotine.

Yes. Like I said, the guy that came up with the idea should be beaten and burned to death in the street.

Have you attended any?

How strictly is it enforced?
Possibly like a comment that is made that can be considered harassment, many times a simple apology is what is done. Settled at the lowest level possible
They do not send you off to the guillotine.

Using the wrong pronoun or name for someone is illegal. The law is pretty clear about that. How is addressing someone wrong harassment? It's not. How is doing it repeatedly harassment? It's not.

Using the wrong pronoun or name for someone is illegal. The law is pretty clear about that. How is addressing someone wrong harassment? It's not. How is doing it repeatedly harassment? It's not.

Not what I asked now is it.
Answer that one pls.

Not what I asked now is it.
Answer that one pls.

I have no way of answering that question. Why does the level of enforcement matter to what the law says?

I have no way of answering that question. Why does the level of enforcement matter to what the law says?

The question was - have you attended sensitivity training- Yes - No
If yes- did you learn anything?

The question was - have you attended sensitivity training- Yes - No
If yes- did you learn anything?

Does it sound like I learned anything? Why would I pay attention to something annoying like that?

Does it sound like I learned anything? Why would I pay attention to something annoying like that?

Just what I thought
Did you read the pamphlet?

Just what I thought
Did you read the pamphlet?

I don't like people that preach to me about their feelings. It matters not to me and I will address people in whatever way I please.

I don't like people that preach to me about their feelings. It matters not to me and I will address people in whatever way I please.

Do you work? if so - public or private?
Or do you work alone- no interaction with people?

Have you attended any?

my old job they made us.

of course the lady running it was all upset that half the people were sitting in the back.
she started shrieking for them to move down. she went charging up the aisle almost
screaming at people for them to move down and she tripped and fell.

everyone pretty much laughed she was quiet after that.

of course the video they showed was the typical video.
of course half the data center was sleeping with the other half.

one guy and 2 girls got fired because he was sleeping with both of them at the same time.
and they found out about it. they got into a knock down drag out fight.

the rules on dating were pretty lax as long as you didn't bring the drama into the data center.

Back
Top Bottom