• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NYC apartment with shower in kitchen asks $2,500 a month

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

This apartment gives a new meaning to clean eating.

A one-bedroom NYC apartment is seeking $2,500 a month despite the recently renovated pre-war unit’s only shower being in the kitchen — which is also the living room.

“The clawfoot tub in living area — is totally charming offering a little bit of a Parisian Left Bank feeling in SoHo,” the 150 Sullivan St. listing describes the prime-location one-bathroom.
===========================================================
Rents in NYC may be tanking but this one does not show that.

my rent is only about 300$ a month, and includes all utilities and free internet

and i have no kids

so i spend all my money on electronics. just ordered some new headphones lol

That’s what they call a studio apartment.
Even with covid Manhatten rents are nuts.

My mortgage with property taxes 40 miles east of the city wasn’t that much and my house is a bit bigger than a studio apartment.

A one-bedroom NYC apartment is seeking $2,500 a month despite the recently renovated pre-war unit’s only shower being in the kitchen — which is also the living room.

“The clawfoot tub in living area — is totally charming offering a little bit of a Parisian Left Bank feeling in SoHo,” the 150 Sullivan St. listing describes the prime-location one-bathroom.

Yeah, but the bedroom apparently is big enough for a queen-sized bed, which is quite large for this type of apartment. And, it is in one of the most desirable neighborhoods in Manhattan. So given all that, $2K+ might be bare-bones entry level for a divey studio or efficiency there.

That’s what they call a studio apartment.
Even with covid Manhatten rents are nuts.

My mortgage with property taxes 40 miles east of the city wasn’t that much and my house is a bit bigger than a studio apartment.
Nope. It appears to be true 1BR, having a bedroom big-enough for a queen-sized bed. The studios of the same make-up in the same building are $1,750, as per the listing linked in the article.

With a combination half-fridge/cooktop unit, and if it had no bedroom, it might technically qualify as a 'studio'. But with limited cooking ability, I'd almost call that arrangement an 'efficiency'.

Love it. I'd have a lot of fun buying soap that looks like food and then inviting guests over to use my shower/kitchen. Well worth the $$.

1619925539188.png

A shower and a kitchen? Luxury in an NYC apartment. There are "apartments" there with a communal bathroom down the hall and barely room for a mini fridge and microwave.

Thats actually cheap, for the area.

Let's talk about how decreasing rents in NYC is a sign of its collapse again.

I don't want my bathroom anywhere near where I prepare food. Just saying.

Not even remotely interested in living in NYC.....

Back
Top Bottom