• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NY Times urges Trump to 'put down the golf clubs, visit the troops'

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...rump-put-down-the-golf-clubs-visit-the-troops

The New York Times is calling on President Trump to “put down the golf clubs" and "visit the troops.”

The newspaper in an editorial on Sunday ripped Trump for not visiting U.S. military troops stationed overseas, normally a staple of sitting presidents.
=====================================
Trump would rather idle away his time playing golf at Mar-A-Lago than visiting our troops stationed overseas during the year-end holiday season. He's not setting a good example as C-in-C like his predecessors did.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...rump-put-down-the-golf-clubs-visit-the-troops

The New York Times is calling on President Trump to “put down the golf clubs" and "visit the troops.”

The newspaper in an editorial on Sunday ripped Trump for not visiting U.S. military troops stationed overseas, normally a staple of sitting presidents.
Trump would rather idle away his time playing golf at Mar-A-Lago than visiting our troops stationed overseas during the year-end holiday season. He's not setting a good example as C-in-C like his predecessors did.

Trump has visited his clubs once every this many days since his inauguration:

Trump Golf Count

Commander ChickenSpurs is too cowardly to visit our troops in kinetic theaters.

Chickenspurs, LOL

Numnuts might be a coward but he's a macho one. It's amazing someone who lied his way out of serving would take on such a macho persona when taking office. Then to top it all, he disrespects our troops;

"...As Trump nears two years as commander in chief, he has never visited American troops fighting in a war zone. He recently told the Associated Press he doesn’t think visiting the troops is “overly necessary.” He added, “I’ve been very busy with everything…doing a lot of things – but it’s something I’d do.”...

Everyday he's just too busy watching his morning security briefing Fox News gives him...

I have to give it to Trump, he has single handedly redefined the Republican Party. I remember when they used to be the pro-military, pro-law enforcement, pro-family values party.

I have to give it to Trump, he has single handedly redefined the Republican Party. I remember when they used to be the pro-military, pro-law enforcement, pro-family values party.

And yet like the whores they are they have lashed themselves to the Trump ship and will ride it down to the deep.

I don't normally agree with many Nay Times editorials but the blind squirrel found a nut with this one. Trump should visit the troops stationed overseas in war zones

You and me both. It's one of the reasons I supported the GOP and not the Democratic Party for well over 35 years.

This Republican Party I don't even recognize. Trump is acting anti-American and most definitely anti-military, and the Republicans (his Republicans) are just sitting back accepting it.

I don't normally agree with many Nay Times editorials but the blind squirrel found a nut with this one. Trump should visit the troops stationed overseas in war zones

But he's trying to improve his golf game. You know, the game he said he wouldn't have time to play. I guess he found time by not visiting the troops.

If Trump visits troops the NYT will call it a cheap photo op. Folks on this site will say CIC bonesperes wanted to see what true patriots did etc.

Rather than a photo op with a few troops selected to fit the proper demographics I would prefer to have him bring home the troops. Too many of our kids are in harms way for who knows what reason.

But he's trying to improve his golf game. You know, the game he said he wouldn't have time to play. I guess he found time by not visiting the troops.

Maybe if they built a golf course in the war zones - then maybe trump would visit. He could take his mates Tiger Woods and Greg Norman with him and entertain the troops with a thrilling round of golf. Of course Tiger would need a million dollar plus appearance fee first. Not sure what Greg Norman's rate is - but after several multi-million dollar divorces, he might need a million dollar appearance fee too.

He's also far too busy demanding prosecution of SNL for making fun of him...

A REAL scandal is the one sided coverage, hour by hour, of networks like NBC & Democrat spin machines like Saturday Night Live. It is all nothing less than unfair news coverage and Dem commercials. Should be tested in courts, can’t be legal? Only defame & belittle! Collusion?

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 16, 2018

https://www.vox.com/2018/12/16/18143187/snl-cold-open-trump-isnt-president-its-a-wonderful-life

:doh

If Trump visits troops the NYT will call it a cheap photo op. Folks on this site will say CIC bonesperes wanted to see what true patriots did etc.

Rather than a photo op with a few troops selected to fit the proper demographics I would prefer to have him bring home the troops. Too many of our kids are in harms way for who knows what reason.

When President Obama visited the troops overseas, Faux News were quick to slam it as a photo-op. But President Obama perservered and continued to visit the troops during his 8 years in office. He would visit at Christmas, Thanksgiving and other holidays that trump has spent mingling with rich white folk at Mar-Lar-go.

And guess where trump will be THIS christmas? Yep Mar-lar-go AGAIN. This would be the 50th trip to Mar-lar-go in 2 years. And apparently it costs about $3 million every time he visits Mar-lar-go. Do the maths and you'll see that over $150 MILLION has been wasted on his holidays and golf trips.

And who was the loudest opponent whenever President Obama took a vacation or played golf? Yep the orange ***** grabber!

He's also far too busy demanding prosecution of SNL for making fun of him...

A REAL scandal is the one sided coverage, hour by hour, of networks like NBC & Democrat spin machines like Saturday Night Live. It is all nothing less than unfair news coverage and Dem commercials. Should be tested in courts, can’t be legal? Only defame & belittle! Collusion?

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 16, 2018

https://www.vox.com/2018/12/16/18143187/snl-cold-open-trump-isnt-president-its-a-wonderful-life

:doh

Well to be fair - making fun of a sitting president is a criminal offence ......IN RUSSIA!

Well Lordy Be! When isn't the NYT not ripping Trump? Gosh in the last two years I can't think of a time they haven't. Well it hasn't even been two full years but with each passing day that feckless rag and others in the MSM who still are not over the fact Trump won and Hillary lost constantly bitch about Trump, Melania..... And here on the forum it has become a form of therapy for those who suffer with TDS to either start **** threads each day to trash the man.

First off, Trump has visited troops overseas. One of the largest group of American troops overseas happen to be in South Korea.

Second, Trump has already stated in the near future he plans a visit to the troops in combat locations. But it isn't something a sitting president announces beforehand due to security. And no it doesn't need to be a holiday. GWB didn't announce his trip to Iraq and neither did the others before him. The public didn't learn about it until after the fact. Those of you with TDS surely can wrap your head around that one on the reasons why.

Third, there has been a lot of manufactured criticism about Trump and the military as of late. It is unfounded and being done by design. Take the AP story this weekend. The group that places wreaths on all the graves of the fallen at Arlington were busy there laying wreaths. Trump shows up alone. No report that he would be there but what did the AP do? Why they spinned it that Trump showed up to on purpose for damage control over his negative coverage over visiting our troops. Negative coverage that was hatched from the bowels of the MSM.

Melania Trump visited the Troops at 2 Military Bases, and aboard Aircraft Carrier USS George H.W. Bush just last week. Do you know what kind of coverage she got? It was about lightening her hair. It was about Melania not knowing or understanding the job of the First Lady. It was about Melania's decorations of the White House covered in a very negative way. It was about trashing her Be Best program. Fork the porkies and their whole fam damnly.

I swear some of the comments in this thread by the TDS brigade is just pathetic.

When President Obama visited the troops overseas, Faux News were quick to slam it as a photo-op. But President Obama perservered and continued to visit the troops during his 8 years in office. He would visit at Christmas, Thanksgiving and other holidays that trump has spent mingling with rich white folk at Mar-Lar-go.

And guess where trump will be THIS christmas? Yep Mar-lar-go AGAIN. This would be the 50th trip to Mar-lar-go in 2 years. And apparently it costs about $3 million every time he visits Mar-lar-go. Do the maths and you'll see that over $150 MILLION has been wasted on his holidays and golf trips.

And who was the loudest opponent whenever President Obama took a vacation or played golf? Yep the orange ***** grabber!

Just proves my point. Obama went for his photo ops but still kept our kids in harms way. I give no credit to any politician who is so callus as to put on this cheap show.

Now can you try and explain the $3 million dollar per trip number you used. I call B.S. on it until I see the ADDITIONAL costs to the government you are adding up. Not saying I like his Florida trips,but where was your outrage when Obama flew to Hawaii?? I actually could care less what a president does to relax.

Back
Top Bottom