• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NY Times: Trump paid $750 in US income taxes in 2016, 2017

From The New York Times
(via Associate Press)

Trump paid $750 in US income taxes in 2016, 2017

President Donald Trump paid just $750 in federal income taxes the year he ran for president and in his first year in the White House, according to a report Sunday in The New York Times.

Trump, who has fiercely guarded his tax filings and is the only president in modern times not to make them public, paid no federal income taxes in 10 of the past 15 years.

The details of the tax filings complicate Trump’s description of himself as a shrewd and patriotic businessman, revealing instead a series of financial losses and income from abroad that could come into conflict with his responsibilities as president. The president’s financial disclosures indicated he earned at least $434.9 million in 2018, but the tax filings reported a $47.4 million loss.

The tax filings also illustrate how a reputed billionaire could pay little to nothing in taxes, while someone in the middle class could pay substantially more than him. Roughly half of Americans pay no income taxes, primarily because of how low their incomes are. But IRS figures indicate that the average tax filer paid roughly $12,200 in 2017, about 16 times more than what the president paid.

COMMENT:-
You van bet your bottom dollar that Mr. Trump paid more than $75 to have his income tax prepared.​
If Trump were a Democrat, this would be an issue, because it would make him a hypocrite.

Trump, however, has been running on a tax reduction platform ever since he came down the escalator.

He wants lower taxes for everyone, there is nothing unethical about this.

If Trump were a Democrat, this would be an issue, because it would make him a hypocrite.

Trump, however, has been running on a tax reduction platform ever since he came down the escalator.

He wants lower taxes for everyone, there is nothing unethical about this.
Oh for the love of christ.....

Sad part is that you think you are saying something relevant.

The system works to benefit the 1%, and Trump took advantage of that, as every other weatlthy does. Warren Buffett talked about not paying taxes like 20 years ago. I'm not happy that Trump pays less in taxes than I do, but he's one of many.

That is an uncharacterically tame statement for someone who believes in a global Jewish conspiracy.

I mean, it has everything your ilk needs to start screaming about zee jews. Foreign banks, large amounts of money, debt, and yet... you're pretending there is nothing else to discuss when it comes to Trump being 400M in the hole to... who knows? C'est la vie, nothing to see?

This isnt about your feelings.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

The "Flat Tax" is a great idea in principle.

However, before I can agree with what you are a proponent of I'd have to have answers to a few questions:
  1. What would the "Flat Tax" rate be?

2. Would it be levied on ALL income streams REGARDLESS of nature (and, if not, what income streams would be exempted from it or taxed at a different rate)?

3. If any income stream would be exempted from it, why?

4. If any income stream would be taxed at a lower rate, why and what would that lower rate be?

5. Would it be levied on ALL income REGARDLESS of amount (and, if not, what amount of income would not be subjected to the tax)?

6. If the taxation would result in a person who was earning (before taxation) enough to be above the poverty line ending up (after taxation) below the poverty line, what you do about that?

7. If a person was "living on welfare" paid by a state government, should those payments be taxed away by the federal government (and, if so, why)?

I'm sure that you will have absolutely no difficulty in answering any of the above questions and I look forward to you doing so shortly.

Simple: everyone pays 10% on reportable income, for personal taxes. Every corporation pays 10% on net income.

The poverty line in the U.S. is $12,760 for a single person, $26,200 for a family of four. That's $1,270 and $2,620 a year respectively. That's more than affordable.

Abolish tax collection on government assistance payments. That's retarded and should have never been put into practice to begin with.

Simple: everyone pays 10% on reportable income, for personal taxes. Every corporation pays 10% on net income.

The poverty line in the U.S. is $12,760 for a single person, $26,200 for a family of four. That's $1,270 and $2,620 a year respectively. That's more than affordable.

Abolish tax collection on government assistance payments. That's retarded and should have never been put into practice to begin with.
Okay, comrade.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQIDxAF&usg=AOvVaw1s9MO5VwOqPAKTbATWSfTr

f61fc5c9509213d3600f85349d7095dc.jpg

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

You had your chance to make a substantive response, you passed. Go back and actually read the post instead of wanting a crib sheet.

If even *you* don’t wanna read your crap, I shall take you at your word.

Is that the best you can do? LMAO!
... 20 countries, in the world, who do it, mostly former commies.

Seems apt, apdst.

------------------------

Trump is an enabler and product of a corrupt system that shields the wealthiest from any consequences. That people that belong to wealthy elite and Fortune 500 companies can get away with paying almost nothing in taxes. While the five counties with the highest audit rates are all predominantly African American, rural counties in the Deep South. There Trump have no interest in changing the system but instead gave more massive tax cuts to and created more loopholes for the wealthy elite and big corporations.

https://www.axios.com/fortune-500-c...tax-7a7d3d36-0c48-4098-b352-deb93be1e4c0.html

https://projects.propublica.org/graphics/eitc-audit

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/30/8483...me-a-tax-break-bonanza-for-the-rich-explained

https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/tax...y-finds-little-economic-benefit-2017-tax-cuts

If you don't like the tax laws, change the tax laws. Everyone who pays taxes exercises tax avoidance. Maybe talk to Biden who was in the federal government for 47 years why tax laws are the way they are.

Jesus that's rich. Biden enabled Trump to avoid taxes? I thought I'd heard it all...

And where is this document? I don't think I saw it on here. Do you have the document? When will you share it. So far we just have your claims. Collusion, tax evasion, where is the proof of either?

OMG because the OP doesn't have a hard copy of the original document in his hot little hands it must be...FAKE NEWS?

How many times have trump supporters believed every word he said because he was 'hearing' and people were 'saying' and 'if you look at what happened' without ever providing an explanation? Then a proper news source releases documents that the SDNY are going to make sure we all see anyway and it's all, "Where's the PWOOFTM?"

Give the gaslighting a rest it's getting lame already.

How can an anyomous source be indicted?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So no law was broken. The hysterics on here about laws is just that - hysterics. And the people claiming that the returns were "obtained illegally" are making it up without knowing a thing about it.

Jesus that's rich. Biden enabled Trump to avoid taxes? I thought I'd heard it all...

I notice Biden didn't avoid taxes.

Trump Panty Sniffers, being the haters of America that they are, are now reduced to blaming others for their cult leader's hatred for America.

So no law was broken. The hysterics on here about laws is just that - hysterics. And the people claiming that the returns were "obtained illegally" are making it up without knowing a thing about it.
Thats like saying when a hit and run occurs, no crime happened unless they indicted the unknown assailant. Thats your argument?

I was trying to quantify Trump's contribution to the US treasury. I think it's about one toilet seat for AF1, an hour of a secret service detail or a BJ from Stormy Daniels. Oh wait, that last would be a personal expense. At least Bill's was a Freebie.
As I wrote elsewhere

Mr. Trump has something to say about people who don't pay much in taxes

@BarackObama who wants to raise all our taxes, only pays 20.5% on $790k salary. http://t.co/bqF26mQf Do as I say not as I do.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 13, 2012
(emphasis added [20.5% of $790k is $161,950 {which is approximately 215.93 times $750}])

and some people think that they should pay taxes. As Frank Costello said to the Kefauver Committee when he was asked what he'd ever done for his country, his reply was

"Paid my taxes."

Thats like saying when a hit and run occurs, no crime happened unless they indicted the unknown assailant. Thats your argument?

What you have to remember is that the currently operative American political debate rule regarding "presumption of innocence" (as applied to someone who might be a member/supporter of "Their Guys") is that

"At the very first moment that it is first rumoured that there might conceivably be something that resembles an accusation of something that could possibly be considered to be faintly similar to an act that theoretically amounts to a breach of the law, then that person is **G*U*I*L*T*Y** and any court finding otherwise is a perversion of justice."​

this, of course, is in contrast to the rule regarding "presumption of innocence" (as applied to someone who might be a member/supporter of "Our Guys") which is

"Until such time as the person has been indicted, has been tried, has been convicted, has exhausted all appeals (regardless of how frivolous) without overturning the unjustly and illegally obtained verdict AND it has been 100% conclusively proved that there is a 0.00% chance that that unjust and illegally obtained verdict was NOT the result of a huge, vast, enormous, hidden, secret, covert, conspiracy to destroy America by making same-sex/inter-racial marriages mandatory, forcing women to have abortions, compelling fluoridation and vaccination, imposing Sherry Law, and making all the Cheerleaders wear Burke Hats, then the person is ***I*N*N*O*C*E*N*T***, which means that the so-called "alleged" act never happened, which thus means that no investigation should ever be done because it is an abuse of process AND a VIOLATION OF THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS to investigate an ***I*N*N*O*C*E*N*T*** person.".​

Back
Top Bottom