• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NY Times: Trump paid $750 in US income taxes in 2016, 2017

Sorry if this point is a little obvious, but it's pretty hard for Trump to sustain an argument that the NYT taxes story is "fake news" when he won't release his taxes himself. Obviously the base will buy it but I'm not sure that anybody else does.

Well if Eric Trump's word is anything to go by, pretty specifically Russia.
Interesting read at the link. Kushners bought the property in 2007 for $ 1.8 billion and sold their stake in 2018 for $ 1.3 billion; should be good for a write-off.

General Electric not only didn't pay taxes, but got a refund.

GE is now nearly worthless, from being one of the most valuable companies in the world to having a net asset value of around 4 billion

And where is this document? I don't think I saw it on here. Do you have the document? When will you share it. So far we just have your claims. Collusion, tax evasion, where is the proof of either?
Its disturbing to me that a publication like the NYTs are willing to report on an illegally obtained confidential finacial document for the sole purpose of politically embarrassing someone. This is not how the powers of the press were intended to be used. People should reject their publication until they stop abusing the power of the press.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

GE is now nearly worthless, from being one of the most valuable companies in the world to having a net asset value of around 4 billion

Aunt Antifa said it was impossible. I proved it isn't.

Its disturbing to me that a publication like the NYTs are willing to report on an illegally obtained confidential finacial document for the sole purpose of politically embarrassing someone. This is not how the powers of the press were intended to be used. People should reject their publication until they stop abusing the power of the press.

The editor of the New York Times made a published statement that the Times obtained the documents legally. If you have some proof that that is not the case, you will need to present it.

From The New York Times
(via Associate Press)

Trump paid $750 in US income taxes in 2016, 2017

President Donald Trump paid just $750 in federal income taxes the year he ran for president and in his first year in the White House, according to a report Sunday in The New York Times.

Trump, who has fiercely guarded his tax filings and is the only president in modern times not to make them public, paid no federal income taxes in 10 of the past 15 years.

The details of the tax filings complicate Trump’s description of himself as a shrewd and patriotic businessman, revealing instead a series of financial losses and income from abroad that could come into conflict with his responsibilities as president. The president’s financial disclosures indicated he earned at least $434.9 million in 2018, but the tax filings reported a $47.4 million loss.

The tax filings also illustrate how a reputed billionaire could pay little to nothing in taxes, while someone in the middle class could pay substantially more than him. Roughly half of Americans pay no income taxes, primarily because of how low their incomes are. But IRS figures indicate that the average tax filer paid roughly $12,200 in 2017, about 16 times more than what the president paid.

COMMENT:-
You van bet your bottom dollar that Mr. Trump paid more than $75 to have his income tax prepared.​

Just another NYT lie - why they refuse to release any proof they claim to have.

Lmao, crying about the NYT is the funniest. Always.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

The editor of the New York Times made a published statement that the Times obtained the documents legally. If you have some proof that that is not the case, you will need to present it.
The documents were not legally obtained by the person who gave them to the times. They know that. They chose to publish the story that has no news worthy value. What they did is legal but it also an abuse of power by them

Well, there you are wrong. Trump is the only president that has refused to make his taxes public. He has pursued it in court over the years and in June this year the Supreme Court ruled that President Donald Trump will have to release his tax return to the prosecutor's office in Manhattan in New York.

Donald Trump reacted strongly to the court's decision and sad that it was a politically corrupt decision.
He has no choice in the matter. As a public politician, his salary and taxes are public information. What do you think the New York Times is using?

What leftist filth are not entitled to, without a valid warrant, is his tax information prior to January 20, 2017, and the Supreme Court agreed. Despite the attempts by the mentally-deranged Democrats, they are not entitled to any tax information prior to Trump becoming a politician.

The documents were not legally obtained by the person who gave them to the times. They know that. They chose to publish the story that has no news worthy value. What they did is legal but it also an abuse of power by them

It's not newsworthy that millions and millions of US voters paid more in federal income tax than the president and supposed billionaire? I don't know, I find that pretty newsworthy...

He has no choice in the matter. As a public politician, his salary and taxes are public information. What do you think the New York Times is using?

What leftist filth are not entitled to, without a valid warrant, is his tax information prior to January 20, 2017, and the Supreme Court agreed. Despite the attempts by the mentally-deranged Democrats, they are not entitled to any tax information prior to Trump becoming a politician.

There is no law saying that a president must release his tax information at all...

There is no law saying that a president must release his tax information at all...
Of course there is.

Members of Congress, candidates for federal office, senior congressional staff, nominees for Executive Branch positions, Cabinet members, the President and Vice President, and Supreme Court justices are required by the Ethics in Government Act of 1978 (Public Law 95-521) to file annual reports disclosing their personal finances.

You obviously have no clue what you are talking about, as usual.

Of course there is.

Members of Congress, candidates for federal office, senior congressional staff, nominees for Executive Branch positions, Cabinet members, the President and Vice President, and Supreme Court justices are required by the Ethics in Government Act of 1978 (Public Law 95-521) to file annual reports disclosing their personal finances.

You obviously have no clue what you are talking about, as usual.

Nice dodge.. Is that all their tax information?

Here is Trump's 2019 disclosure... On what page does it list the federal taxes paid?

Nice dodge.. Is that all their tax information?

Here is Trump's 2019 disclosure... On what page does it list the federal taxes paid?

I proved you wrong, a law does actually exist despite your bogus claim that it didn't. If you consider being busted for your deliberate lies to be a "dodge," so be it, but everyone else knows you for what you are.

So when are the indictments going out? When is Barr going to say what you just said?

No news worthy value 😃

I proved you wrong, a law does actually exist despite your bogus claim that it didn't. If you consider being busted for your deliberate lies to be a "dodge," so be it, but everyone else knows you for what you are.

LMAO... Are you trying to argue that this is his "tax information"... Clueless...

It's not newsworthy that millions and millions of US voters paid more in federal income tax than the president and supposed billionaire? I don't know, I find that pretty newsworthy...
Not newsworthy enough to justify committing crimes to obtain that information.

The NYT committed no crime....

It’s impossible to only owe $750. Impossible. Trump cheated like a mother****er and may have gotten Ivanka all jammed up as a result.

You really don't understand how buying mortgaged properties works, do you?

All of the following are deductible: mortgage interest, property tax, operating expenses, depreciation, repairs and any maintenance to keep the property in good condition for its stated use.

A simple $1m 20 unit apartment structure with $1K rent will generate 240K but if you buy one that needs extensive renovations you can have $200K in deductions with no one living there. That is how you pay nothing. By having tax losses to generate future cash flows that you use to offset current cash flows.

Its entirely possible if you acquire at almost the same rate as you generate. Amazon does the same thing, all of their income goes into future projects and acquisitions.

What no one is talking about is the NYT hit piece from un-named sources proved Trump was telling the truth when he said he could not release his tax returns because they were indeed under an audit.
Which is only a good excuse for his retarded ass kissers.

Lmao, hahahaha, Trump aint the criminal, everyone else is, amirite?

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

Do you have a source for this information, or is it merely your opinion?

Back
Top Bottom