• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NY mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner admits more lewd photos

Infinite Chaos

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
New York mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner has admitted sending explicit messages to a woman, two years after he left Congress over a similar affair.
An unnamed woman told website The Dirty she had an online relationship with the 48-year-old last year. Link

You have to hand it to Mr Weiner, not only a highly appropriate surname but a wife who looks suitably ashamed (as if it was her sending the pics) in his news conference.

Apologies if this is an old story - the BBC link says the story is "posted 24 July 2013 Last updated at 01:59"

How does he get away with this?

Actually way back during weinergate he did admit that there was other photos. Though some may consider it a bit undignified of a public rep to do that i cannot say it reflects on any abilities he has to set policy and make things politically better. Also, considering some other things forgiven by people I do not think this was particularly disturbing. The business between him and his wife is personal, and if she wants to go along with it that is her choice. it is not like he is the mayor of san diego putting women in headlocks and whispering sexual comments in their ears, or telling them not to wear panties. It is not like he flew to argentinia on the taxpayers to pick up his new hooker wife before dumping his old wife. It is not like he has gotten caught soliciting prostitutes or doing drugs which are both technically crimes. It is not like he was caught playing footsie in a bathroom stall looking for gay sexual favors while telling people how evil homosexuality is. It is not like he was caught getting a blowjob from an ugly intern in his public office and lied about it. It isn't even like he dumped 2 wives because they were ill so he could go out and find some better woman.

Perhaps I am just really desensitized to the crazy considering the over the top sexual antics of the government. you vote for anthony weiner and you get anthony's covered weiner. he is going to really have to step up his game to compete without the hypocrisy from the right forcing him into controversy over some pretty lame stuff.

Actually way back during weinergate he did admit that there was other photos. Though some may consider it a bit undignified of a public rep to do that i cannot say it reflects on any abilities he has to set policy and make things politically better. Also, considering some other things forgiven by people I do not think this was particularly disturbing. The business between him and his wife is personal, and if she wants to go along with it that is her choice. it is not like he is the mayor of san diego putting women in headlocks and whispering sexual comments in their ears, or telling them not to wear panties. It is not like he flew to argentinia on the taxpayers to pick up his new hooker wife before dumping his old wife. It is not like he has gotten caught soliciting prostitutes or doing drugs which are both technically crimes. It is not like he was caught playing footsie in a bathroom stall looking for gay sexual favors while telling people how evil homosexuality is. It is not like he was caught getting a blowjob from an ugly intern in his public office and lied about it. It isn't even like he dumped 2 wives because they were ill so he could go out and find some better woman.

Perhaps I am just really desensitized to the crazy considering the over the top sexual antics of the government. you vote for anthony weiner and you get anthony's covered weiner. he is going to really have to step up his game to compete without the hypocrisy from the right forcing him into controversy over some pretty lame stuff.

If I remember right, wasn't the context he was sending the pictures out in rather slime ballish? If it was simply adults exchanging, that's a bit different

If I remember right, wasn't the context he was sending the pictures out in rather slime ballish? If it was simply adults exchanging, that's a bit different

I looked it up on wiki to remember. he sent the picture to a female follower of his. I think the slimeball part came because he was married and should not have been sending shots of his crotch to other women. I assume his relationship fits a normal non-swinging one and this was a problem for his marriage and relationship with his wife. I could see where problems could arise in a job sense from him doing thinsg like this, but I do not see it as actually effecting his job, and he did not run on family values so i cannot call him a hypocrite.

for some reason I thought she was underage, or something.

Republicans only care about who you sleep with when it's somebody of the same sex. Democrats only care when they're in the same race with you. I'm sure all those Democrat slime balls in NYC would suck on Clinton's dick if he walked up to them. Now they're all up in ***** fit about Wiener. Bunch of hypocrites.

for some reason I thought she was underage, or something.

I cannot say she was underage because i only checked wiki but it did not say she was underage. Although I do not think she was underage, I think it was that she never asked for them and it was way overboard.

Republicans only care about who you sleep with when it's somebody of the same sex. Democrats only care when they're in the same race with you. I'm sure all those Democrat slime balls in NYC would suck on Clinton's dick if he walked up to them. Now they're all up in ***** fit about Wiener. Bunch of hypocrites.

Dude...this ain't the basement!

You have to hand it to Mr Weiner, not only a highly appropriate surname but a wife who looks suitably ashamed (as if it was her sending the pics) in his news conference.

Apologies if this is an old story - the BBC link says the story is "posted 24 July 2013 Last updated at 01:59"

Can you just imagine how warped this guy is from growing up with that last name?

Can you just imagine how warped this guy is from growing up with that last name?

His parents should have named him Oscar. Don't we have any Oscar here. :mrgreen:

Mayor Weiner has a certain ring to it. Now, if it was Oscar Mayor Weiner, that'd really be sumthin.

Sorry, American and Maggie. I was a minute too late.

Dude is just taking some selfies, by the outrage I thought I'd be seeing more Weiner than I did.

As a NYC resident, I can honestly say... I couldn't give two ****s about the whole Anthony Weiner non-scandal scandal. He should have never resigned over it imo.

I looked it up on wiki to remember. he sent the picture to a female follower of his. I think the slimeball part came because he was married and should not have been sending shots of his crotch to other women. I assume his relationship fits a normal non-swinging one and this was a problem for his marriage and relationship with his wife. I could see where problems could arise in a job sense from him doing thinsg like this, but I do not see it as actually effecting his job, and he did not run on family values so i cannot call him a hypocrite.
If I'm not mistaken, he was trying to pay this last one off to keep quiet. I don't think there was anything illegal about it unless he's using campaign funds to do it, but it's a bit naïve to think something like this doesn't affect their job performance.

Actually way back during weinergate he did admit that there was other photos...

The problem is that the photos in question now came AFTER that press conference. Most people didn't assume there was an implied "... to be taken" at the end of Weiner's admission.

The issue here, and in all such scandals, is the guy can't seem to be honest to save his life, and has very poor impulse control. Many Americans see Weiner's out of control personal life and just aren't thrilled to give him any level of control over theirs. It's just that simple.

I thought the whole press conference was a little weird. But New Yorkers will decide.

The problem is that the photos in question now came AFTER that press conference. Most people didn't assume there was an implied "... to be taken" at the end of Weiner's admission.

The issue here, and in all such scandals, is the guy can't seem to be honest to save his life, and has very poor impulse control. Many Americans see Weiner's out of control personal life and just aren't thrilled to give him any level of control over theirs. It's just that simple.

this
with clinton, it was not the eatin' ain't cheatin' excuse or even the act. it was the denial and the dishonesty of refusing to own up to what he did
and with weiner, it was that this came AFTER his resignation and AFTER his apologies for his previous actions
the first time, shame on you. the second time, shame on me ... apologies to the shrub if i un-mangled his idiotic expression
how can anyone now expect any modicum of honesty from weiner, should he win the election

the "member" [sorry, couldn't resist] of that family who SHOULD be running for office is his wife, Huma
even then, however, one must ponder what quirk exists which would cause an accomplished woman to remain beside a jerk [sorry, did it again] like weinerponder what quirk exists which would cause an accomplished woman to remain beside a jerk [sorry, did it again] like weiner

Last edited:
Does it ring in to anyone that this psycho is laughing at everyone?! Does it once; apologizes; does it again apologizes. Does ANYONE think this derelict is sincere? Think what would happen if he got in office. We would need cameras on him constantly to make sure he isn't flashing to our children. Have we become dead between the ears about morality?

Does it ring in to anyone that this psycho is laughing at everyone?! Does it once; apologizes; does it again apologizes. Does ANYONE think this derelict is sincere? Think what would happen if he got in office. We would need cameras on him constantly to make sure he isn't flashing to our children. Have we become dead between the ears about morality?

watching his body language when he was making his remarks, he did not come off as credible or truly remorseful

For every conservative "indiscretion", there are at least three Liberl "indiscretions" in the political arena. No need to list them all, I ain't got time, but worthy of mentioning is Slick Willie's escapade in the Oval Office, and his subsequent lying while pointing his finger at the American people. This will be a defining moment for New Yorkers. Surely they will not vote this self-serving slimeball into office!

watching his body language when he was making his remarks, he did not come off as credible or truly remorseful

Wouldn't it have been so much better for him to have given all the details at the original time rather than confess each time a new set of allegations come out?

I watched Huma's speech in the second video - poor woman has chosen to stand by him and things will look so much worse for her if it turns out he's still doing what he did as a congressman and since.

As a NYC resident, I can honestly say... I couldn't give two ****s about the whole Anthony Weiner non-scandal scandal. He should have never resigned over it imo.

I don't know. It's the type of behavior I expect from some dumb-ass teen. And I certainly wouldn't vote for a guy who showed the sense of biff the lumber jock

If I'm not mistaken, he was trying to pay this last one off to keep quiet. I don't think there was anything illegal about it unless he's using campaign funds to do it, but it's a bit naïve to think something like this doesn't affect their job performance.

lol, it also doesn't speak much to competency or character

Back
Top Bottom