• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NY Judge uses Second Amendment to strike down NY's Nunchuck ban

Not to brag, but back in high school and college I was a bad ass with nunchaku. I would practice for hours a day rather than waste my time getting dates or making something of myself. ;)

But as “cool” as it looks when a proficient practitioner uses them, they really are pretty useless as a real world weapon. Pretty much any weapon, including your bare hands, would be a better choice in a fight. If a person can kick your ass with nunchaku they would most certainly kick your ass without them as well. Banning them is dumber than banning sticks, to be honest.

All that said, while they aren’t at all practical, they ARE a lot of fun. :)

Napoleon Dynamite was a nunchuck supporter with skills which he thought helped him in getting dates with girls.

Deal with it?
How about applaud it ???

"...for one weekend, the city that doesn't sleep was a city without shootings.

New York City went a full weekend without any reported shootings for the first time in more than two decades, police said. This comes near the end of a year that has seen another drop in overall shootings in America's largest city...
"

Published 10/16/18

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-yo...-with-no-shootings-for-first-time-in-decades/

Way to go New York !!!!!

Um, that's not really something to celebrate when there are cities with less gun control that can go for weeks without a shooting.

Deal with it?
How about applaud it ???

"...for one weekend, the city that doesn't sleep was a city without shootings.

New York City went a full weekend without any reported shootings for the first time in more than two decades, police said. This comes near the end of a year that has seen another drop in overall shootings in America's largest city...
"

Published 10/16/18

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-yo...-with-no-shootings-for-first-time-in-decades/

Way to go New York !!!!!

Wow... One whole weekend.

Golly.

Gee.

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/...y7JW2lx8IkXXdWpAKm4dD-NNdh3CpS2eBp-ceT1xO6sgM

Like switchblades and West Side Story-some morons in office who watched "enter the dragon" one too many times, decided to ban the possession of nunchucks in NY. Using the second amendment, a judge struck this idiotic ban down noting that the weapons were in "common use".

BTW for those who whine about the AR 15 not being in common use, they should read this opinion. I suspect more people own AR 15s then nunchucks.

I'm sorry when I read that headline the first thing that went through my head was that I'm willing to bet there are far too many YouTube videos of New York citizens knocking themselves in the crotch with the nunchucks and they don't want people thinking they're stupid.

Lol, banning movie props how silly

nunchucks -like switchblades-are not nearly as effective as movies would have you believe. When I was 18, I was a serious table tennis player-and my coach, the Late Lee, Dal Joon (aka DJ Lee) shared his training facility in Columbus with a relative who was a 6th dan blackbelt. The Sensei taught me how to use Nunchucks mainly because the discipline built wrist strength and flexibility which greatly increased the amount of rotation I was able to get on my loops -especially backhand. so I got pretty proficient with these things but later in life, when I was at a training facility run by one of the top police trainers in the country-I realized those things really weren't all that effective against someone who is armed. as noted trainer Massad Ayoob noted "If I go into a room with a knife and the other guy has nunchucks, I will walk out of the room with a broken arm and the other fellow won't walk out at all" (The Truth about Self Defense). And Ayoob was a guy who promoted Nunchucks as an alternative to nightsticks for cops.

Switchblades are fun to play with and good ones are sturdy but most people can open a "flipper" or a spyderco knife even faster than an automatic. Even more ridiculous are the bans on butterfly knives. too many idiots watching too many Steven Seagal films.

Yeah they don't want you to do in fancy little hand tricks with butterfly knives.

I remember playing with those growing up. I always carry a knife on me I never had any trouble.

Well I could see how it is both an excellent day for a ninja and a bad day to be a ninja, because of ninjas ultimate enemy is other ninjas.

Lol

The more talented ninjas are thrilled. The beginners not so much.

Back
Top Bottom