• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NY finalizes deal to legalize cannabis

Visbek

Stuck In The Circle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

Final vote is pending, but....
• Allows club-like / lounges for cannabis (but not alcohol)
• Individuals can grow up to 6 plants for home use (not sale) starting 6 months from signing, possess up to 3 oz
• 40% of tax revenues go to education, 40% to investment in communities hit worst by the drug war (i.e. minority districts), 20% to drug treatment/education
• 9% state tax, 4% local tax
• Automatic expungement of records for anyone convicted for things that are now legal (e.g. possession of less than 3oz)

Commercial enterprises (like dispensaries) are probably a year away.

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Now all we have to do is figure out how to enforce "Don't Ding and Drive" laws....

This is really great news. However, it confuses me that there's a 3 oz (85 g) limit with 6 plants. That's 14 g per plant. What kind of micro plants are they imagining?

This is really great news. However, it confuses me that there's a 3 oz (85 g) limit with 6 plants. That's 14 g per plant. What kind of micro plants are they imagining?
In Maine you can only have 3 BUDDED plants at a time. You can have unlimited plants without buds. I assume the 3oz limit in NY is for buds only. When they bust growers here in Florida they still weight the entire plant stems, roots and all.

In Maine you can only have 3 BUDDED plants at a time. You can have unlimited plants without buds. I assume the 3oz limit in NY is for buds only. When they bust growers here in Florida they still weight the entire plant stems, roots and all.
Lol, so it's 85 gram wet weight. Better than nothing! I never thought legalization would go this fast!

Time for the democrats to pass federal legislation and stop being a bunch of squares and ******s.

Leafly, in between getting stoned and reviewing strains :D has a few more details.

• Yep, 6 plants
• Delivery allowed (y)
• Elimination of penalties for possession up to 3 ounces
• 50% of licenses go to "equity applicants"
• Retail sales start in 2022

AZ is 6 plants per adult in the house, but they don't sell seeds at the dispensaries, and it is hard to trust an online seller.

Time to buy stock in Mountain Dew and Doritos .:sick:

Time to buy stock in Mountain Dew and Doritos .:sick:

Don't forget my fave: M&M peanuts. In big bags with zip-lock closures. I keep them in the freezer as I prefer them extra crunchy.

Back
Top Bottom