• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NY AG Brings $250,000,000 fraud case against Trump and 3 children

And once again, you demonstrate how great you are against the proverbial straw man, responding to arguments not made. If I am wrong, please cite the post where I was "whining about criminality" or any post where I claimed Trump or his kids committed crimes relating to these civil claims. But don't look too hard because you won't find it.

Will you read your own words the second time I post it for you? ""The fact is, you have -0- knowledge/evidence that he did or did not do the things as alleged, and have -0- knowledge whether his conduct may have been criminal."

And next time you are on Untruth Social, make sure to let Trump know he is off the hook criminally. That fact the AG reviewed millions of pages of documents and has not charged him is proof positive he can never be charged with a crime relating to these issues. Never mind that a lot of it may be governed by federal law and James is just a state AG. She didn't charge him so he cannot be charged.
Pretty good indication that after a three year investigation she refused to file criminal charges and instead filed this particularly lame civil suit as a campaign stunt.

The point being you keep whining about criminality. Your heroine Letitia has been giving Trump, his children and his companies anal probes for more than three years now., They turned over literally millions of pages of documents.

And she couldn't find a crime. Not one.

The question is whether you will ever get over your TDS, return to reality and stop whining about these fantasies you are suffering under.
James was not looking for crimes that would lead to Prosecution. She has left that to the Manhattan DA and SDNY. Expecting the Manhattan DA to indict a NY real estate mogul is like expecting to hit the lottery. Did not happen under Vance and Bragg can *****foot around it all he wants claiming "the case is still open"....IMO I will die of old age before the Manhattan DA brings such a case, involving how a NY real estate mogul conducted his business.

DOJ will not bring such a case because it is too complicated to put before a jury and the bar for Federal indictment is too high. So SDNY is not going to bring a criminal prosecution either. James has referred her material to the Manhattan DA, SDNY and the IRS. IMO, the only chance of this ever getting to a criminal prosecution is if the IRS with egg all over its face, which it now has looks at the material James has handed them and turns that into a referral to DOJ. That case would be narrowly defined by IRS tax law violations because that is IRS responsibility. That might be a case DOJ would bring.

Last edited:
Will you read your own words the second time I post it for you? ""The fact is, you have -0- knowledge/evidence that he did or did not do the things as alleged, and have -0- knowledge whether his conduct may have been criminal."

Pretty good indication that after a three year investigation she refused to file criminal charges and instead filed this particularly lame civil suit as a campaign stunt.
I have better luck discussing quantum physics with a 2 year old.

I was responding to YOUR claim that Trump could not have committed a crime. YOUR CLAIM.
I have NOT claimed that he did. Frankly I simply don't know and don't claim to know.
If calling you out for claiming to know Trump could not possibly be guilty of a crime is what you call "whining about criminality" then I guess I'm guilty.

I have better luck discussing quantum physics with a 2 year old.
Backatcha

If you don't want to back up the bullshit you post here, that's fine. But don't want other's time.

Have a nice day.

Serious question is will Donald ever see a courtroom? I would think with all the delays that I think we all expect to see it is possible he may never actually see a courtroom.

A criminal trial with the Trump Org as defendent begins in October.

CFO Allen Weisselberg will testify for the government.

A criminal trial with the Trump Org as defendent begins in October.

CFO Allen Weisselberg will testify for the government.
Pretty much a different kettle of fish than criminally charging Don Sr, Don Jr, Ivanka or Eric individually. But you take what you can get I guess. You don't get prison time out of a conviction of that sort. You can with multiple convictions fine the corporation to a very great extent and suspend their operations or force them to be monitored by an outside entity. Sort of sounds like what AG James can do with her Civil Case.....NO??????

I suppose I might be more impressed with a criminal prosecution v Trump Org if Trump Org were larger than 7-10 people, a hunting dog and a ham sandwich. But its not.

However the standard for a successful criminal prosecution is guilt "beyond a reasonable doubt" as opposed to the preponderance of the evidence as it is in a Civil case.

Last edited:
I don't have to. You have to be an idiot to know the opinion of some right wingnut isn't meaningful. Maybe you and Klattu can get together and write your own brief to defend Trump.

Well, the 'idiot' a very brilliant ,successful lawyer, so I'm sure he knows a lot more about law than you. So set him straight. Who is the aggrieved party here? Why is the state of NY the plaintiff.
While you're at it. Maybe you should set ( never Trumper ) Mick Mulvaney straight. He seems a bit confused as well.

Mick Mulvaney

@MickMulvaney

Finally got through the NY AG complaint against Trump. Let me get this straight: the AG is suing him for fraud... when he borrowed money...and then paid it back? Seriously, who is the victim here? If the banks thought they had been defrauded, they could sue on their own.

Can you answer his question- who is the victim here?

\

Finally got through the NY AG complaint against Trump. Let me get this straight: the AG is suing him for fraud... when he borrowed money...and then paid it back? Seriously, who is the victim here? If the banks thought they had been defrauded, they could sue on their own.

This has been explained to you already. Go back and read what you didn't read first time around. Oh and Mick understands it. He is bloviating.

This has been explained to you already. Go back and read what you didn't read first time around. Oh and Mick understands it. He is bloviating.
not it hasn't. that's what is known as a "Debate Politics' bluff.

Well, the 'idiot' a very brilliant ,successful lawyer, so I'm sure he knows a lot more about law than you. So set him straight. Who is the aggrieved party here? Why is the state of NY the plaintiff.
While you're at it. Maybe you should set ( never Trumper ) Mick Mulvaney straight. He seems a bit confused as well.

Mick Mulvaney

@MickMulvaney

Mulvaney has shown to have zero credibility and how can you possibly bad mouth a man hired by Trump? Only the best people!!!!

Mulvaney has shown to have zero credibility and how can you possibly bad mouth a man hired by Trump? Only the best people!!!!
can you answer his question?

et me get this straight: the AG is suing him for fraud... when he borrowed money...and then paid it back? Seriously, who is the victim here? If the banks thought they had been defrauded, they could sue on their own.

not it hasn't. that's what is known as a "Debate Politics' bluff.
It has...read the thread. Not responsible for you not reading the thread.

can you answer his question?

et me get this straight: the AG is suing him for fraud... when he borrowed money...and then paid it back? Seriously, who is the victim here? If the banks thought they had been defrauded, they could sue on their own.

So lying is cool? Hey no one got hurt? Again, Deutsch Bank has been caught several times doing illegal things and you are shocked they didn’t run to the AG? Hold no one accountable, Law and Order!!!

So lying is cool? Hey no one got hurt? Again, Deutsch Bank has been caught several times doing illegal things and you are shocked they didn’t run to the AG? Hold no one accountable, Law and Order!!!
So that's your answer? She's seeking 250,000 in damages because he lied on a loan application?#(snicker)
Who was damaged by this lying ?

Last edited:
It has...read the thread. Not responsible for you not reading the thread.
keep bluffing bro.

Answer???

the AG is suing him for fraud... when he borrowed money...and then paid it back?
In some instances, yep! Do you honestly not get this? If not, you are waaaay behind the rest of the class.

Mick Mulvaney
@MickMulvaney

How anti American does one need to be to think never Trumper is an insult?

Two years is a really long investigation at the state level. This hasn't been sloppily thrown together, is my guess.
it's looking more like she was delivering on a campaign promise.
(You're a partisan Democrat so it won't matter to you that a Democrat inappropriately campaigned on using her office to target an individual). Now it looks like she spent so much time and money on this case without finding a crime that she needed to save face by filing this civil case. And based on what has been reported, unless she has more, this is a weak case.

it's looking more like she was delivering on a campaign promise.
(You're a partisan Democrat so it won't matter to you that a Democrat inappropriately campaigned on using her office to target an individual). Now it looks like she spent so much time and money on this case without finding a crime that she needed to save face by filing this civil case. And based on what has been reported, unless she has more, this is a weak case.
James was not looking for a criminal offense. She thinks she found some but she was not looking for them.

It is a strong civil lawsuit.

Back
Top Bottom