• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nunes Vindicated... Schiff Implicated... Looking Back & A Serious Question

A few weeks ago, Inspector General Michael Horowitz released his report on the FBI's 2016 counter intelligence investigation of the Trump campaign and answered questions about it during 2 days of testimony in front of the Senate Intelligence Committee. It finally settled the 22 month dispute between Democrats/Progressives & Republicans/Conservatives over the conduct of the FBI in obtaining a warrant from the FISA court to spy on former Trump campaign worker Carter Page.

The dispute was over a memo authored by Congressman Devin Nunes that accused the FBI of falsifying a FISA court application to illegally spy on Page, and the Democratic counter memo authored by Congressman Adam Schiff that claimed the Nunes memo was completely false and asserted that the FBI followed correct procedure and did nothing improper or illegal.

We now have the facts in hand and when you compare them to both memos, the conclusions are clear, and indisputable...

Nunes Vindicated

The Devin Nunes memo was factual and absolutely correct, while the claims made by Adam Schiff in his counter memo that Nunes had lied and misrepresented the facts, and the FBI did nothing wrong or improper, were absolutely false.

Taking a look back to the release of the Nunes memo in February 2018, here's what I had to say about it:

It's obvious that in that FISA application, the FBI and DOJ mislead, and in some cases used outright falsehoods, in order to obtain a warrant to spy on an American citizen. This is a blatant abuse of power resulting in the violation of Carter Page's 4th amendment rights.

There were many on this forum who also read the memo and came to the same conclusions as I did... But there were also a lot of folks on the left who refused to believe what Nunes reported and several responded by personally attacking Nunes. Here are a few examples:

Just read it. Underwhelmed. Sounds like a Hannity monologue.
All those neander****s who breathlessly claimed that this was worse than Watergate just watched this blow up in their faces and are too stupid to know they got played by a clown.
...it's right wing propaganda intended to obstruct justice.
So essentially, a die-hard Trump supporter weaves a tale of unsupported allegations.
Its a big NOTHINGBURGER!!!!! We heard all this stuff months ago and it was bogus then.
The memo is just a memo it isnt proof. It is still a conspiracy theory and propaganda put out by the Trump team... I mean this is grandstanding on a new level. And I cant help to think; its just a ****ing memo written by a biased person.
We (well, anyone with a non-Hannitized brain) know this memo is partisan propaganda.
My impression is that only the Republican members expressed a cherrypicked partisan memo.
Fake news.
People that are outraged by the Nunes memo are either useful idiots that have been worked into a frenzy by the likes of Fox News and Hannity...

Then several weeks later, the Schiff memo disputing the Nunes claims was released to the public.

Schiff Implicated

Here's what I had to say about it:

The democrat memo was predicted to be nothing but a political stunt before it was ever approved in congress, and now it's official.

I even started a thread debunking the Schiff memo point by point, and as you can imagine, many on the left didn't embrace my perspective. There were still quite a few on the left who were endorsing it, and still attacking the Nunes memo. This is my favorite example of that:

It must be fun there in Magic Upside Down Backward Land. The Schiff memo shredded Nune's bumble**** attempt to discredit the investigations and the FBI.

This is how "backwards" looks, and it isn't pretty. Adam Schiff began his memo with 3 paragraphs of solid lies... Lies attacking Nunes and defending what he had to know was improper, illegal behavior by the FBI that violated the civil rights of an innocent American citizen.

Schiff_memo_falsehoods.jpg

There's no disputing that Adam Schiff's memo was a lie of enormous magnitude... A lie that if it weren't for the Inspector General, would still be believed by millions of Americans.

I stated that Schiff was "implicated", but what I'm not sure of is "what"?

A Serious Question

Shortly after reading the Schiff memo, I had this to say:

In my opinion, Schiff needs to pay a price for this bogus political stunt of his, and for doing everything in his power to prevent the American people from learning about the FBI and DOJ violating the 4th amendment rights of an American citizen.

That is still my opinion today, and now that all the facts are out, I expect that there are many who also agree... So the question is, can anything be done about this?

Did Adam Schiff break any laws when he lied in an attempt to cover up government corruption and cover up both the illegal & unconstitutional activity engaged in by the FBI?

If so, who has the standing to file charges against him and anyone else who knowingly participated in the cover-up?

This kind of crap from politicians will continue and happen more and more frequently if we don't take action.

Let's not forget how Nunes made a night visit to the White House back in 2017 that led to an ethics inquiry on Nunes and his diminished role in the House Intelligence Committee's Russian Meddling Investigation.

As regards the Horowitz Report, my impressions:

1. Devin "The Dunce" Nunes remains a Trumper Clown; Schiff remains far more competent and effective than Nunes on the House Intelligence Committee.

2. When a rabid Trumper infuses his or her posts with inflammatory hyperbole, Anti-Trumpers answer in kind.

3. The Horowitz Report points to prior errors, omissions and manipulations involving FISA warrants. These issues raise cause for concern and, going forward, merit efforts to improve the FISA process.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/12/13/vindication-nunes-memo/
The Horowitz Report: Five Questions We Still Need Answered - Rolling Stone
The FBI Needs to Be Reformed - The Atlantic

Trippy Trekker;bt4991 said:
Let's not forget how Nunes made a night visit to the White House back in 2017 that led to an ethics inquiry on Nunes and his diminished role in the House Intelligence Committee's Russian Meddling Investigation.

I haven't forgotten... Nor have I forgotten what became of that inquiry... From CNN:

The Ethics Committee announced Thursday that it was closing its investigation into Nunes after determining the information that he had disclosed was not classified.​

"In the course of this investigation, the Committee sought the analysis of Representative Nunes's statements by classification experts in the intelligence community," the Ethics Committee said in a statement. "Based solely on the conclusion of these classification experts that the information that Representative Nunes disclosed was not classified, the Committee will take no further action and considers this matter closed."

Nunes was cleared of any wrong doing.

As regards the Horowitz Report, my impressions:

1. Devin "The Dunce" Nunes remains a Trumper Clown; Schiff remains far more competent and effective than Nunes on the House Intelligence Committee.

The Nunes memo was accurate, truthful, and absolutely correct. It exposed the illegal activity and corruption that had taken place within the FBI... Adam Schiff fabricated a memo, lied to the American people and knowingly participated in covering-up the FBI's illegal surveillance of Carter Page and the violation of his civil rights.

Adam Schiff should be at minimum, thrown out of office and face criminal charges for what he did.

2. When a rabid Trumper infuses his or her posts with inflammatory hyperbole, Anti-Trumpers answer in kind.

Huh?

I'm far from being a "rabid Trumper" and what I wrote was accurate, reasonable and didn't resemble anything close to "inflammatory hyperbole" and you damned well know it.

3. The Horowitz Report points to prior errors, omissions and manipulations involving FISA warrants. These issues raise cause for concern and, going forward, merit efforts to improve the FISA process.

The Horowitz report lays out in detail, the blatant lies, omissions and misinformation that the FBI engaged in on 4 separate occasions to illegally spy on an American citizen, which not only violated Page's civil rights, but it kept an investigation going that should have been abandoned due to lack of evidence.

What the FBI did wasn't just simple errors or mistakes, these were blatant and deliberate actions designed to deceive a federal judge and obtain a warrant to spy on an American citizen under false pretenses. The FBI's conduct was criminal, not innocent errors and mistakes. Their actions were indefensible, yet much to my shock, here you are...

Last edited:
Dream on! I expect Nunes to face a 2nd Ethics Investigation before Schiff faces a first one.

Giuliani’s numerous calls with Nunes and aides are significant because, as the top Republican on the committee, the California lawmaker cited those same theories as he led the fight against impeaching Trump.

Asked if he had talked to Parnas, Nunes told Fox News Channel: “It’s possible, but I haven’t gone through all my phone records. I don’t really recall that name. I remember that name now because he’s been indicted.”

Bennett Gershman, a Pace Law School professor who specializes in government ethics, said the disclosures raised “ethics questions with respect to Nunes.”

Nunes, top intelligence panel Republican, had frequent contact with Giuliani, call records show - Reuters

Trippy Trekker;bt4993 said:

Wow... You know for a fact Adam Schiff lied and covered up FBI corruption, and you defend him.

You represent everything ugly in the world today.

The time has come for me to wrap up my contributions to your thread.

Nunes, not Schiff, has the reputation for lying and covert activity.

"You represent everything ugly in the world today" sounds like an old saying someone just made up.

Even if you lack self-awareness, I still want to show you some Trippy T Love!

Wishing you and yours all the Best!

Duncan Hunter - not vindicated. OMG, you mean a Republican was dishonest?

Back
Top Bottom