• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Nukes!

anomaly said:
Well, it's official. North Korea has nuclear weapons, and Iran will soon be capable of having them. Within ten years, N. Korea will have the ability to fire nukes at the west coast. So how should the US deal with these two real threats?

NK's nukes will blow up in their faces. They have no reliable vehicle to deliver them.

Iran's nukes will be suffer serious 'technical problems', resulting in their being dismantled (quietly)

20 years later, a book will be written, mentioning shadowy Mossad figures.

Strangelove said:
NK's nukes will blow up in their faces. They have no reliable vehicle to deliver them.
I don't think they need one, back in 1998 North Korea tested a nuclear-capable Taepo Dong-1 missile. The missile flew over northern Japan and landed in the Pacific Ocean.

Some one earlier said that Japan wanted to get their own nuclear program up and running, I doubt the UN/ US would allow this just because we have some big problem with other nations getting Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Be careful how you people use WMD's and Nukes... WMDs cover many different types of weapons.. Material and Chemical, this can range from a Nuclear Missile to Mustard Gas. If you mean Nukes then say Nukes.. don't say WMDs.

I doubt North Korea would sell it's weapons, as said earlier, they have a small amount.. they don't want to sell their only protection from the US and the UN. Plus they are not morons, if they sold Nukes to a terrorist group then *SOMEHOW* the terrorists would have to take it back with them.. and I think we'd know if a terrorist organization, capable of Purchasing a nuke, could bring smuggle the nuke without our eagle sharp eyes.

I for one, am liking this Condoleezza Rice chick, she is doing well with foreign relations... something that is really needed and wasn't done well with Colon. China and North Korea both tolerate her, possibly because she is a woman and also that she is really talented when it comes with communicating to other countries.

*IF* N. Korea (soon to be Corea) and the US engaged in war I doubt China will intervene. The only reason why China attacked us during the Korean war was because we made aggressive movements on to their territory after they told us not to. China wouldn't risk a damaging relationship with the UN.. they want their trade sanctions lifted. I think in the coming years that China and US will slowly become friendly and China will turn more into a democratic country.

After this, I'd actually like to ask a question.. I know it's far-fetched.. but do you all think that Korea will ever unite again and stop this bloody bickering?

Arch Enemy said:
Some one earlier said that Japan wanted to get their own nuclear program up and running, I doubt the UN/ US would allow this just because we have some big problem with other nations getting Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Be careful how you people use WMD's and Nukes... WMDs cover many different types of weapons.. Material and Chemical, this can range from a Nuclear Missile to Mustard Gas. If you mean Nukes then say Nukes.. don't say WMDs.

I doubt North Korea would sell it's weapons, as said earlier, they have a small amount.. they don't want to sell their only protection from the US and the UN. Plus they are not morons, if they sold Nukes to a terrorist group then *SOMEHOW* the terrorists would have to take it back with them.. and I think we'd know if a terrorist organization, capable of Purchasing a nuke, could bring smuggle the nuke without our eagle sharp eyes.

I for one, am liking this Condoleezza Rice chick, she is doing well with foreign relations... something that is really needed and wasn't done well with Colon. China and North Korea both tolerate her, possibly because she is a woman and also that she is really talented when it comes with communicating to other countries.

*IF* N. Korea (soon to be Corea) and the US engaged in war I doubt China will intervene. The only reason why China attacked us during the Korean war was because we made aggressive movements on to their territory after they told us not to. China wouldn't risk a damaging relationship with the UN.. they want their trade sanctions lifted. I think in the coming years that China and US will slowly become friendly and China will turn more into a democratic country.

After this, I'd actually like to ask a question.. I know it's far-fetched.. but do you all think that Korea will ever unite again and stop this bloody bickering?
I agree with your assessment of Dr Rice and her performance thus far, though I still have a bad taste in my mouth from her 9-11 commission testimony. But as Sec. of State I think she's been doing a bang up job. I was sorry to hear her say that she has no interest and would not run for POTUS.

And No I don't see NK and SK getting back together in the near future but it could happen down the line. After Jong Il passes maybe some one that has a brain cell left we be able to take over the government and get things going a direction that would include feeding and sheltering the masses. If that happens then reunification could be a reality.

Pacridge said:
And No I don't see NK and SK getting back together in the near future but it could happen down the line. After Jong Il passes maybe some one that has a brain cell left we be able to take over the government and get things going a direction that would include feeding and sheltering the masses. If that happens then reunification could be a reality.
As far as North Korea is concerned, it's all about exercising power and saving face.

The welfare of the people means nothing to the leaders. They're having too much fun flexing their muscles and spitting in our eye.

Back
Top Bottom