• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nukes: When America wanted a Soviet invasion of Japan

The US federal government and whoever was calling the shots behind the scenes wanted American militarism to be increased and other countries' militarism to decrease. I don't know if they knew this would make "America" the lone superpower, but I imagine it aligns with their goal of global dominance.

I notice you didn't mention the Soviet goals.

No, I literally wrote:
The People aren't privy to War Room decisions nor who actually makes what decisions, are we? Yes or no? At best we know who was there, but we really don't even know that. If you disagree, then post evidence of exactly who made what decisions in any of the various wars the US government has been involved with (to put it mildly) in the last 21 years. You can even limit it to the decisions to go to war, since Congress doesn't vote on going to wars anymore. No, we have the used and abused AUMF: Aye You MotherFers, stop killing people and destroying places!

I didn't say there is. I haven't watched X-Files for several decades. They must be getting old ...

... like your arguments are.

I mean, yeah, you must be right: The US government didn't want to become the most powerful economic and military force on Earth. What was I thinking?! Chuckle.

There is no secretive group secretly running the show behind the scenes bud. You keep claiming that “we don’t really know who makes the decisions” but we do know. The decision making of presidents and the United States government as a whole in every war, with both the Second World War and the Civil War, has been throughly covered in hundreds of books and scholarly articles.

You keep clinging to your deluded conspiracy theories bud, the rest of us will live in the real world. Chuckle.

The US government is not a Saturday morning cartoon villain. Nobody in the US government wanders thinking about “world domination”. It was an open question in 1945 whether the US would even meaningfully commit to the UN at all.

In short.....you really don’t have a clue, and it’s blatantly obvious.

It shows.

Almost laughably so, yes.
Yet another one of your cheap shots. You cannot deny my commentary; my fair and direct questions to you have remained unanswered. You have to misrepresent what I wrote and add hyperbole. You're like a Trump supporter with regard to the subject of militarism.

You rely on narrow interpretations that you call "history." I don't argue about history, I argue about ethical issues.

Why do you have a hard-on for US militarism? Career military? Your dad was a Marine Corpse hardass? What's your deal?

Yet another one of your cheap shots. You cannot deny my commentary; my fair and direct questions to you have remained unanswered. You have to misrepresent what I wrote and add hyperbole. You're like a Trump supporter with regard to the subject of militarism.

You rely on narrow interpretations that you call "history." I don't argue about history, I argue about ethical issues.

Why do you have a hard-on for US militarism? Career military? Your dad was a Marine Corpse hardass? What's your deal?

I’ve “denied your commentary” on numerous occasions, because none of it has any value. It doesn’t. It’s just outright lies, false equivalences, lazy conspiracy theories and general nonesense. Simply put, you don’t know what you are talking about, and I’m not obligated to pretend that you do.

Your brand of “ethics” are the most absurd I’ve seen, but that’s another story.

Once again, you don’t have the slightest clue what you are talking about, and it shows.

I stopped reading after your straw man argument.

You are the one who babbled about a secretive group “pulling the strings” buddy. You can’t just cry “strawman” when your argument has been exposed.

I’ve “denied your commentary” on numerous occasions, because none of it has any value. It doesn’t. It’s just outright lies, false equivalences, lazy conspiracy theories and general nonesense. Simply put, you don’t know what you are talking about, and I’m not obligated to pretend that you do.

Your brand of “ethics” are the most absurd I’ve seen, but that’s another story.

Once again, you don’t have the slightest clue what you are talking about, and it shows.
You are the one who babbled about a secretive group “pulling the strings” buddy. You can’t just cry “strawman” when your argument has been exposed.
You're a tenacious Trump supporter.

😂

So in other words you can’t defend your silly conspiracy theories. Figured as much.
I defended my comment, not the straw man you've created and cling to because you can't answer my questions nor beat my principles.

You are in the history section if it doesn't interest you then why post?
The title mentioned nuclear weapons and the original post is interesting.

My answer is post #17. What do you think?

I defended my comment, not the straw man you've created and cling to because you can't answer my questions nor beat my principles.

No, you didn’t. You went “how do you know there’s not a secretive cabal running the US government plotting world domination?”

Then I pointed out how absurd your conspiracy theory is, and you threw a tantrum.

Your “questions” are bad jokes; your “principles” are hypocritical at best.

The title mentioned nuclear weapons and the original post is interesting.

My answer is post #17. What do you think?
I think you should probably learn some history and stop visiting CT sites

No, you didn’t. You went “how do you know there’s not a secretive cabal running the US government plotting world domination?”

Then I pointed out how absurd your conspiracy theory is, and you threw a tantrum.

Your “questions” are bad jokes; your “principles” are hypocritical at best.
If my questions are bad, then you should be able to easily show that. You choose to debate like a rabid Trump supporter on this issue.

I think you should probably learn some history and stop visiting CT sites
Do you have a substantive critique?

If my questions are bad, then you should be able to easily show that. You choose to debate like a rabid Trump supporter on this issue.

I already did....repeatedly. There is no “secret cabal” pulling the strings, and the US did not(and does not) care about “global domination“.

I already did....repeatedly. There is no “secret cabal” pulling the strings, and the US did not(and does not) care about “global domination“.
Unanswered questions from #21:
Does the general public know what goes on behind closed doors? Are there not levels of secrecy? Do wealthy and powerful people and corporations not heavily influence American politics?

Is the US government not the lone superpower? Please note that I specifically chose "dominance" not "domination."

Does the general public know what goes on behind closed doors? Are there not levels of secrecy? Do wealthy and powerful people and corporations not heavily influence American politics?

Is the US government not the lone superpower? Please note that I specifically chose "dominance" not "domination."

All already addressed. The general public knows full well who made the decision during the Second World War, just as they did during the Civil War and every other conflict. Claiming that a secretive cabal runs the country because the government doesn’t tell the public every single damn thing and because “powerful people” exist is silly.

Claiming that the US government knew that it would become the “lone superpower“ sixty plus years later, or that that idea motivated them in any way, shape or form, is even sillier.

Do you have anything substantive to add to this thread or just inane CT nonsense?

Nope, I directly addressed the “questions” you posted.....again. You not liking the fact that I pointed out how laughable absurd they are isn’t a “strawman”.

All already addressed. The general public knows full well who made the decision during the Second World War, just as they did during the Civil War and every other conflict. Claiming that a secretive cabal runs the country because the government doesn’t tell the public every single damn thing and because “powerful people” exist is silly.

Claiming that the US government knew that it would become the “lone superpower“ sixty plus years later, or that that idea motivated them in any way, shape or form, is even sillier.

Back
Top Bottom