• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nuisance Phone Calls

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Having reached Medicare age a while ago, we get flooded with calls during the open season. In a majority of the calls, English is not the first language of the caller. The calls must be effective or they wouldn’t keep calling. I hope I can maintain my faculties for long enough to be able to combat these intrusions........

I’m not at Medicare age yet and won’t be for a few years but I’ve noticed my local company almost exclusively shows me commercials for medications and funeral homes.

Trying to tell me something I guess.

I keep getting calls from people selling me an "extended warranty" for my 10 year old car that I bought 8 years ago and that got beat to hell in a hail storm 2 years ago.

The car looks like shit, runs great and I DON'T need to spend money for a warranty.

I keep telling them to leave me the **** alone, but they keep calling me. 🤮

I keep getting calls from people selling me an "extended warranty" for my 10 year old car that I bought 8 years ago and that got beat to hell in a hail storm 2 years ago.

The car looks like shit, runs great and I DON'T need to spend money for a warranty.

I keep telling them to leave me the **** alone, but they keep calling me. [emoji2961]
We tend to mess with these people. Sometimes we're hard of hearing (Expended jar? No, all of ours are still usable). To outright lewdness:

Operator: I am calling you about Medicare, sir.

Husband: (Stereotypical redneck accent): you have a real nice voice.

Operator: Thank you, sir. About your Medicare coverage,....

Husband: Bet you have some nice lips too.

Operator: I'm not sure what my lips have to do with Medicare....

Husband Oh, we're not talking about Medicare here. We're talking about how nice your lips will feel wrapped around my ****.

My husband says it's quite amazing to be cursed at in Hindi.

Sent from my cp3705A using Tapatalk

We tend to mess with these people. Sometimes we're hard of hearing (Expended jar? No, all of ours are still usable). To outright lewdness:

Operator: I am calling you about Medicare, sir.

Husband: (Stereotypical redneck accent): you have a real nice voice.

Operator: Thank you, sir. About your Medicare coverage,....

Husband: Bet you have some nice lips too.

Operator: I'm not sure what my lips have to do with Medicare....

Husband Oh, we're not talking about Medicare here. We're talking about how nice your lips will feel wrapped around my ****.

My husband says it's quite amazing to be cursed at in Hindi.

LOL!!

I've never thought about that approach. I might give it a try...even to the male callers. :p

Having reached Medicare age a while ago, we get flooded with calls during the open season. In a majority of the calls, English is not the first language of the caller. The calls must be effective or they wouldn’t keep calling. I hope I can maintain my faculties for long enough to be able to combat these intrusions........
It's not bad enough we're flooded with commercials for medicines on tv, now they call you and mail you brochures constantly telling you about all the wonderful new benefits. After two or three calls I just block them.

LOL!!

I've never thought about that approach. I might give it a try...even to the male callers. :p
It was a male!

LOL!!

The one time I messed with a caller some woman called me about refinancing my mortgage and when she got to the “what would you do with all the money you’re gonna get” I told her I was going to put an extension on the house that I could use as a whorehouse.

She hung up pretty quickly.

It's not bad enough we're flooded with commercials for medicines on tv, now they call you and mail you brochures constantly telling you about all the wonderful new benefits. After two or three calls I just block them.

We got a replacement LL a few years ago; one of the features was number blocking. It had a 250 # limit. I kept wondering where we were in relation to 250. Took about a year. Now it says “memory full!”

If they call, it's a scam.

Back
Top Bottom