• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nuclear War Could Be Bad for the Climate

sanman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Just to remind liberals on a matter that's dear to their hearts, nuclear war, besides destroying all of humanity, would be - wait for it - bad for the climate

Ok, look, even if you think that humanity is too decadent and doesn't deserve to survive, at least think of the climate and the environment. A nuclear exchange would not be good for that.

Just to remind liberals on a matter that's dear to their hearts, nuclear war, besides destroying all of humanity, would be - wait for it - bad for the climate

Ok, look, even if you think that humanity is too decadent and doesn't deserve to survive, at least think of the climate and the environment. A nuclear exchange would not be good for that.

Sounds like a good reason for Russia to end their war of aggression in Ukraine.

Actually, over the long term, if the human race is gone, the earth will heal itself until something else rises out of the slime and starts trying to destroy the earth again. Earth will be fine..She's got a few billion years to wash away the pests. (No, I don't like that scenario)

1646971669794.png

Is this a new concept for you? The term "nuclear winter" was coined back in the early eighties. I'm not sure why you and The Atlantic think anyone needs to be reminded of it. This is one of those things you never forget.

Actually, over the long term, if the human race is gone, the earth will heal itself until something else rises out of the slime and starts trying to destroy the earth again. Earth will be fine..She's got a few billion years to wash away the pests. (No, I don't like that scenario)
I almost doubt the human race will be gone, however the repairing itself thing might be reality.

Scientists still question india, where their religion states all sorts of historic weapons like fighter jets and things that resemble nuclear bombs. To date none of that except one has any basis that can be proven. The nuclear bomb thing has scientists baffled because they talk about the power to unleash a large flash that turns everything in it's path for miles into dust, and in india one site has what looks like what was the result of a nuclear blast but happened tens of thousands of years ago.

Scientists have no answer to what it is, or even if it was ancient nuclear weapons or a natural occurence, because outside what looks like an ancient blast site almost nothing else remains to explain what the hell happened. This has lead to theories that societies have lasted longer than scientists think, and that even nuclear weapons could have been discovered before, and the possibility mankind has brought itself to the brink of destruction in the past, to say the literal phrase blasted itself back into the stone age.

There is no hard science on this due to lack of evidence, but there is also a lack of science to explain what has been found, so this is in the realm of probability rather than fact but it points to the probability mankind and society is cyclical, going between progress, to warfare, to it's own near destruction, to reverting back to basics, only to rinse and repeat.

There was a nuclear war in the Star Trek backstory, and they turned out fine. So I'm not worried.

Wow sanman, I didn't know you were such a green dude. Welcome to the club! :giggle:

Sounds like a good reason for Russia to end their war of aggression in Ukraine.
why not just skip that part and go ahead and nuke russia? That's literally the only way you're going to stop them.

liberals don't give a shit about the environment. They care about the control it gives them over other people, and feelings of superiority.

Game rays clear up the sinuses.

Being serious, though, idiots calling for no fly zones are just about evenly divided on the political spectrum. It’s even more astonishing when these idiots are Gen X or older, because they should know better.

My uncle called for NATO intervention just today and I was like, “Really? Really? Really???”

I guess you missed the memo about nuclear winter back in the '80s?

While your comedies have their charm, let’s face it, they’re almost entirely third party detritus that you don’t really understand anyway, so no point in reading any more of them, huh?

why not just skip that part and go ahead and nuke russia? That's literally the only way you're going to stop them.

It seems like grinding their economy to a halt and arming Ukraine is working pretty well at stopping them.

Has anyone alerted John Kerry?

Wow! I was all excited for nuclear war, but now that I've learned it will also be bad for the climate I'm a little bummed out and don't know what to think.

A nuclear war would crap the planet?

The DUH heard 'round the world :rolleyes:

headdesk-facepalm.gif

Back
Top Bottom