• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nuclear power

noonereal

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
I have long been against nuclear power as it's simply too dangerous.

I was wondering what those that think it is just grand think now?

(Now that we have to worry about war with country that have such energy plants)

Without it, the world will slowly descend into poverty over the next century.

The safety problems of nuclear are overrated. The cost problems of nuclear are underrated.

I support nuclear power in the form of the current AP1000 generation reactors, but there must be wartime protections for nuclear power stations, just as there are for civilian populations.

We as a civilization have progressed great technologically but we still act like cavemen occasionally in war. That needs to be addressed and stopped. The earth is all that we have and we need to start acting as a global community instead of 5000 little border regions or states/countries. We must find a different way to settle disputes and limit the mindset of who gets elected as politicians.

I think your perspective is skewed. If every nuclear plant in the world was bombed, you'd still have less deaths than occur annually from fossil fuels.

I support nuclear power in the form of the current AP1000 generation reactors, but there must be wartime protections for nuclear power stations, just as there are for civilian populations.

We as a civilization have progressed great technologically but we still act like cavemen occasionally in war. That needs to be addressed and stopped. The earth is all that we have and we need to start acting as a global community instead of 5000 little border regions or states/countries. We must find a different way to settle disputes and limit the mindset of who gets elected as politicians.
We always act as cavemen. Don't flatter the species.

Back
Top Bottom