• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Nuclear Iran

If Iran acquires nuclear weapons, how will it act?

• Total voters
M14 Shooter said:
Horseshit.
The US is FAR from being bankrupt.
We could EASILY spend another $1 Trillion per YEAR on the war w/o adding an additional penny to the debt or raising taxes.

You'll recall that the US fought WW2 on three fronts - so your point is...?
You'll also note that you completely sidetepped my argument regardiong combat experience meaning we're better, and therefore STRONGER than before we invaded.

Well, you're not.

As the desert said to the grain of sand.

How were they in GWI?

Seems we're doing pretty well in Afghanistan.

You seem to have missed the part where your assumption that we have to topple their government is baseless.

I asked you a question - if we invaded Iraq w/ 250,000, whu cant we invade Iran with the same number. YOU contended that we cannot muster the same number for Iran. Why?

Perhaps you can tell me why you continue to think we have to topple their givernment to achieve our objective.

We're starting the draw-down in Iraq.
Every day, the number of troops we can send to Iran from Iraq goes up.

Then why did Bin Laden state, "hurt America where it counts, the wallet". If you would like I will find a link. That was absolutely his intention

alphieb said:
Then why did Bin Laden state, "hurt America where it counts, the wallet". If you would like I will find a link. That was absolutely his intention

I think he was referring to the impact of dropping the WTC on the US economy.

Hurting us by forcing us to spend money on a war designed to destroy terrorism (and him in the process) seems rather esoteric.

M14 Shooter said:
I think he was referring to the impact of dropping the WTC on the US economy.

Hurting us by forcing us to spend money on a war designed to destroy terrorism (and him in the process) seems rather esoteric.

Actually, it has hurt us financially. I wonder how much it will cost to rebuild Iraq. Has it not increased the deficit? The White House doesn't have a money tree in the back yard, unless your talking about major inflation.

alphieb said:
Actually, it has hurt us financially. I wonder how much it will cost to rebuild Iraq. Has it not increased the deficit? The White House doesn't have a money tree in the back yard, unless your talking about major inflation.

Bin Laden didn't force us to invade Iraq. He probably never even anticipated it; it was just good fortune for him. I think you're giving him too much credit to say that he planned to bankrupt America by forcing us to invade a country that he had little to do with. Bin Laden has even less understanding of global politics and government spending than the average American.

alphieb said:
You really don't have a clue as to how much the Fed Gvmnt spends, do you.

Back
Top Bottom