• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[NSWF] Epic Rant at Proud Boys and MAGA "Patriots" - "What hasn't this country given you??"

Don't miss this:

Accent feels like the Texas area. Special thanks to the Old South trying and failing miserably to "rise again", the New South is rising instead. Can't happen soon enough!!

Soooo...do you disagree with this person's point of view and/or that that it is expressed in a rant?

I subscribed.

I don't agree with everything he said, but I like his passion.

I think conservative talk shows, Limbaugh, Levine, Hannity are what ultimately got these people to riot. trump is just an opportunist who saw this community and took advantage of it.

Soooo...do you disagree with this person's point of view and/or that that it is expressed in a rant?
I guess it wasn't obvious like I thought. I agree with every last syllable in this man's rant, 1000 ****ing percent. He is a great example of what I called the New South. The New South does not support the Confederate worshipping racist filth of the Old South. The New South cannot rise quickly enough. Does that help?

Don't miss this:

Accent feels like the Texas area. Special thanks to the Old South trying and failing miserably to "rise again", the New South is rising instead. Can't happen soon enough!!

I agree with the guy in the video. I have said as much in these pages.....a bunch of entitled little piss-ants too stupid to know they are entitled. Went right past entitled to enraged. The foul spigots like Rush and Hannity and Donnie Boy just tell them what they want to believe. However it IS what they want to believe.

I guess it wasn't obvious like I thought. I agree with every last syllable in this man's rant, 1000 ****ing percent. He is a great example of what I called the New South. The New South does not support the Confederate worshipping racist filth of the Old South. The New South cannot rise quickly enough. Does that help?

Yes. It helps. Less racist than before. More racist than the rest of America. You've come a long way, baby. Got it.

Don't miss this:

Well, there you have it; raw patriotism, real patriotism. What hasn't OUR nation given those that had the means, the time and the freedom to travel to OUR Nation's Capital and attack and desecrate the most Beautiful and Sacred Building in a true AmeriCAN Patriot's world.

Don't miss this:

F@@king Epic! Every last word captures my feelings toward the cowards who stormed the Capitol.

Don't miss this:

Yes. It helps. Less racist than before. More racist than the rest of America. You've come a long way, baby. Got it.

What? This reads like you meant to respond to someone else, in some other thread. What exactly is "racist" about (or what is the problem with) what binary said?

You replied to me, yet you appear to be arguing with someone else. What is it you think I'm saying? Which of my words made you think that?

The new south just got woke. I wonder how he feels about the riots in 2020...

What? This reads like you meant to respond to someone else, in some other thread. What exactly is "racist" about (or what is the problem with) what binary said?

My first post was asking for some clarity. My next post is pointing out that just because the “New South” is so much better than the “Old South” doesn’t mean it isn’t racist. It is standard RW vomit that black people are so much better off than before and there is no systemic racism, the South being an example. Hardly a shining example. No longer enslaved. You should count your lucky stars. Quit complaining and be happy with how far you’ve gotten. You've come a long way, baby.

You replied to me, yet you appear to be arguing with someone else. What is it you think I'm saying? Which of my words made you think that?

I think you're saying the "New South" is much better than the "Old South". With which I agree. Like I would agree with Mao killing fewer of his own people presently being a better thing than in the past killing so many more. The South is still a systemic racist society to a greater extent than is the rest of the nation. Just because they are better than before doesn't mean everything is just hunky-dory, no pun intended, for black people in The South. A point that should not be left out.

I think you're saying the "New South" is much better than the "Old South". With which I agree. Like I would agree with Mao killing fewer of his own people presently being a better thing than in the past killing so many more. The South is still a systemic racist society to a greater extent than is the rest of the nation. Just because they are better than before doesn't mean everything is just hunky-dory, no pun intended, for black people in The South. A point that should not be left out.
Your perspective here is a bit misguided.

Question: Have you ever actually spent much time in what you call "the South"?

It's not much more "racist" than the "North". Racism and bigotry are rampant throughout our society.

Systemic/Institutional racism is hardly limited to the South. It's a huge systemic problem everywhere. Regional differences are largely those of style, not substance.

Ask any African-American, like me, who has live extensively in both.

Your perspective here is a bit misguided.

Question: Have you ever actually spent much time in what you call "the South"?

It's not much more "racist" than the "North". Racism and bigotry are rampant throughout our society.

Systemic/Institutional racism is hardly limited to the South. It's a huge systemic problem everywhere. Regional differences are largely those of style, not substance.

Ask any African-American, like me, who has live extensively in both.

I don't have to be African American or lived in the South to be correct in what I say. In any case, there must be evidence of facts to support what is said. The facts are that the states of The South have, more than other states, historically against civil rights, the facts being self-evident (having a Union required to accommodate the slavery South, slavery predominant in the South, Civil War over slavery, Jim Crow South, states of the South most opposed to Civil Rights Act, etc).

Racial wage-gaps are wider in the South:

“We also find the gaps to be greater where there is an overrepresented black population in jail and a more segregated population if the MSA is in the South.”

Racial Wage Disparity in US Cities(see 1st para):

Racial Wage Disparity in US Cities | SpringerLink

What you say agrees with me. Your saying ‘ “It's not much more "racist" than the "North".’ is admitting The South is more racist than the North. Your saying “Racism and bigotry are rampant throughout our society.” and “It's a huge systemic problem everywhere.” is in agreement with my saying “The South is still a systemic racist society to a greater extent than is the rest of the nation.” Finally, that you say “Regional differences are largely those of style, not substance.” doesn’t change the substantive facts of the matter, substance which you do acknowledge.

There has always been systemic racism in America since the first black person set foot in the Colonies, and probably in the hearts and minds of Colonist before then, and historically more so in the South.

I don't have to be African American or lived in the South to be correct in what I say.
All true. You don't have to be an African-American (or a non-white person) to speak to the issue of racism.

Racial wage-gaps are wider in the South:
“We also find the gaps to be greater where there is an overrepresented black population in jail and a more segregated population if the MSA is in the South.”
Racial Wage Disparity in US Cities(see 1st para):
Racial Wage Disparity in US Cities | SpringerLink
Here's an example of the misunderstanding that comes from people who don't know much about the South. It's true that, in the North, the vast majority of the black population resides in metropolitan areas. Not as much so, in the South. In the South, rural communities also contain substantial black populations. So looking at Racial Wage Disparity in large cities (i.e. MSA's) leads to a misleading result about the true Racial Wage Disparity.

Better to look at the Racial Wage Disparity in STATES, rather than in cities. That will give you a truer reflection of the per-state black/white discrepancy for the entirety of both populations.

This is from the St. Louis Fed:
https://www.stlouisfed.org/publicat...mining-us-economic-racial-inequality-by-state
map1_1200px.jpg

As you can see, the FACTS show that the Racial Wage Disparity is actually a bit WORSE in traditionally "liberal" or "pro-civil rights" states in the North (i.e. New York, Pa, Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, Iowa, Minnesota, etc.)....than in the traditionally conservative or "anti-civil rights" states of the South (i.e. Georgia, N.C. S.C. Tenn, Alabama, Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, etc. etc.).

So again, my point is simply that much of the image of the North (i.e. "pro-civil rights", "liberal", etc) is mythology. When it comes to SYSTEMIC racism, there is not much (if any) real distinction between North and South. And in some cases, the FACTS may shock you. And your chosen example is just one such illustration of that mythology.

What you say agrees with me. Your saying ‘ “It's not much more "racist" than the "North".’ is admitting The South is more racist than the North. Your saying “Racism and bigotry are rampant throughout our society.” and “It's a huge systemic problem everywhere.” is in agreement with my saying “The South is still a systemic racist society to a greater extent than is the rest of the nation.” Finally, that you say “Regional differences are largely those of style, not substance.” doesn’t change the substantive facts of the matter, substance which you do acknowledge.

I should have been more clear, I guess. When I said "not much more", etc....I was being polite. When it comes to SYSTEMIC racism, there really isn't an appreciable difference between North and South.

Trust me, we hear just as many racial epithets up North as we do down South. But that's not really racism. That's bigotry, and no one is worried about an ignorant bigot. Racism (and Racists) are a different matter, though. I know the difference, because I've live it.

Now, let me be clear. I am NOT implying that others (you or anyone else) are unqualified to speak about racism and bigotry. My point here was simply that SYSTEMIC racism is really not a regional problem in the U.S. It is truly SYSTEMIC and is not much better, or worse, in the South than in the North or West. I a black man from the South who has lived in the Northeast, Midwest, West Coast and the South. Any differences between regions are largely semantic, if any exist at all.

There has always been systemic racism in America since the first black person set foot in the Colonies
Actually, even before 1619 and Jamestown, actually. But without going on a semantics tangent, I think you're conflating Systemic Racism, Institutional Racism, Individual Racism and Bigotry, just a bit. My understanding was that the topic of thread was SYSTEMIC Racism.

That said, it's true that the South still exhibits more of the "ugly" bigotry that is often associated with images of the old Jim Crow South. But in terms of SYSTEMIC RACISM....it's about the same everywhere, I'm afraid.

Lastly, my previous remarks were not intended to insult. So, if they did, I apologize.

See post #17

The state black to white wage variance is based on the state median income. Southern states have, on avg, much lower income than other states. So, TX has a .61 variance vs CA of .62, hardly any diff. But 2018 median income in TX was $61,728, rather high for the South, vs CA of $76,641 being a +24.2% variance CA over TX. If you want to normalize the comparison, TX would be .76.

Another way of putting it is that the lower the median of a pop group is, the closer together, the smaller the diff will be, btx subgroups. So, with a lower median, subgroups such as male v female and among races will be closer together. There are fewer numbers therein to be very far apart.

Therefore, my claim regarding greater wage disparity btx black and white wage earners in the South vs any other region of the country is not refuted.

Except for NY, none of the states you listed can be called “liberal”, based on the following:

Conservatives Greatly Outnumber Liberals in 19 U.S. States (gallup.com)

Dem vs Republican might be a diff matter.

I don’t know how you would measure “pro-civil rights”

Systemic is systemic is systemic. It’s everywhere. I’m merely pointing-out that the South has been historically more so, to this day, than any other region. Hard to say that makes other regions “better” when there is still disparate impact most everywhere you go.

The Jamestown Colony is the first I know of a black man setting foot on America that could be said was in the throughs of racism. There were earlier non-English colonies, but none that had black people, as I understand. The conquistadors had a black person, but I can’t guarantee the racism connection there.

Yes, the subject/claim is systemic racism. Systemic racism is what allows institutional and individual racism, including bigotry against race, so I’m not singling out any one of those others, though might mention as within the context of systemic racism.

Experiencing/observing racism everywhere sure makes it seem about the same in every region of the country to me. But getting into statistical evidence of systemic racism still shows the South to be a bit more so.

I agree with your "ugly" remark. But I try to stick with facts of evidence when I make a claim.

Thanks for your last remark. It's appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom