• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NSFW Liberalism is a mental disorder

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
[video=youtube;PK-mnbH4s74]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=104&v=PK-mnbH4s74[/video]What the hell...

What the hell...

That's what I was thinking when I saw that someone who always accuses others of "hate" spends her Saturday hate-watching youtube videos of alleged liberals doing stupid things.

I suspect most will join me in not watching a video of a single alleged liberal doing something potentially stupid. After all, I'm sure they recognize that no matter what ideological group they are closest too, multiple people near that same group have been filmed doing stupid things. And, most likely, there are similar POE videos of the same variety for enjoyment by the sort of person who hates liberals so much they spend their Saturday googling "liberals being stupid".

Say...that grinning green frogface in the top left is Pepe, isn't it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepe_the_Frog

Renae posted.png

Last edited:
1508159624-20171016%20(1).png

Wow. :lol:

Now, watching funny videos of people losing their minds over politics is "hate-watching"? :roll:

Crazy times.

This was posted under "General Political Discussion"...but all I see is "What the hell"? Usually no one responds to "what the hell" so not sure what needs to be discussed?

That's what I was thinking when I saw that someone who always accuses others of "hate" spends her Saturday hate-watching youtube videos of alleged liberals doing stupid things.

I suspect most will join me in not watching a video of a single alleged liberal doing something potentially stupid. After all, I'm sure they recognize that no matter what ideological group they are closest too, multiple people near that same group have been filmed doing stupid things. And, most likely, there are similar POE videos of the same variety for enjoyment by the sort of person who hates liberals so much they spend their Saturday googling "liberals being stupid".

Say...that grinning green frogface in the top left is Pepe, isn't it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepe_the_Frog

View attachment 67246905

Awful lot of words for someone who didn't watch the video.

First, I saw that video yesterday, from a source that didn’t have Pepe in the corner.

Second, there’s a huge difference between Liberalism and The Far Left.

Third, the screaming guy in the video, is not a Liberal, based solely on his actions in that video - he appears to be a far leftist but he’s being illiberal so he can’t be a Liberal.

What the hell...

Oh, is this a 'finish the sentence' thread? Okay.

What the hell...
goes on in the head of someone who says something as stupid as, "Liberalism is a mental disorder."?

Last edited:
This was posted under "General Political Discussion"...but all I see is "What the hell"? Usually no one responds to "what the hell" so not sure what needs to be discussed?

I took it to be an invitation to finish the sentence, as in "What the hell..."

Sorry, it's WHAT THE HELL is wrong with people that they so react this way... It was absurdity to the max.

He likes to come in and attack anything I post, generally with little to say

Well... You kind of didn't help yourself with the thread title mate.

What exactly, did you think was going to happen?

The "let me present a video/gif/image of a person of the opposite political orientation behaving badly" threads are always the most enlightened ones.

First, I saw that video yesterday, from a source that didn’t have Pepe in the corner.

Second, there’s a huge difference between Liberalism and The Far Left.

Third, the screaming guy in the video, is not a Liberal, based solely on his actions in that video - he appears to be a far leftist but he’s being illiberal so he can’t be a Liberal.

That's the point that I keep trying to make whenever people point to these "social justice warrior" types from the far Left.
They are FAILING AT BEING LIBERAL.
That's right, I said that they are failures as liberals, they're "not doing it right".

Look up "The Horseshoe Theory", a theory that "asserts that the far-left and the far-right, rather than being at opposite and opposing ends of a linear political continuum, closely resemble one another, much like the ends of a horseshoe."

In other words, it is entirely possible for a far Left idiot to go SO FAR LEFT that they begin to resemble the far Right.
Loosing one's "inner fascist" and censoring free exchange of ideas and demanding safe spaces is an expression of an inner fascism and thus a personal failure of liberalism.

And vice versa.

I wonder if any DP board members have ever made a stupid YT video.

Seems like there may have been one...

Oh, is this a 'finish the sentence' thread? Okay.

What the hell...
goes on in the head of someone who says something as stupid as, "Liberalism is a mental disorder."?

There are people on this forum who insist that ALL liberalism is represented by people like this vape shop manager.
They should not be taken seriously.

I doubt he cared to get anything other than a whole bunch of invective and argy-bargy about nothing in particular...classic "troll" thread.

That's the point that I keep trying to make whenever people point to these "social justice warrior" types from the far Left.
They are FAILING AT BEING LIBERAL.
That's right, I said that they are failures as liberals, they're "not doing it right".

Look up "The Horseshoe Theory", a theory that "asserts that the far-left and the far-right, rather than being at opposite and opposing ends of a linear political continuum, closely resemble one another, much like the ends of a horseshoe."

In other words, it is entirely possible for a far Left idiot to go SO FAR LEFT that they begin to resemble the far Right.
Loosing one's "inner fascist" and censoring free exchange of ideas and demanding safe spaces is an expression of an inner fascism and thus a personal failure of liberalism.

And vice versa.

Hear, hear.

I'm sorry mate, but the guy lost his freaking mind over a shirt, at work and got fired. Rightly so.

I'm sorry mate, but the guy lost his freaking mind over a shirt, at work and got fired. Rightly so.

Which means... you had to start a thread with the most hyper-partisan title you could have possibly thought of?

The "let me present a video/gif/image of a person of the opposite political orientation behaving badly" threads are always the most enlightened ones.

Touché!

I've heard much about it, but never saw it.

Did he get the customer’s order correct? :shock:

I had never heard this till this year when I heard both Peterson and Paglia make the case but it fits right in with my argument that we has a people have communal PTSD. I have long said that we suffer from mass mental illness and that we are in a new dark age which fits as well.

Back
Top Bottom