• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

NSA Was Spying of Americans Long Before 911

Pacridge said:
You probably were part of your local governments Executive Branch. It works that way in a lot of states, counties and cities. But unless you worked for the federal government you were not under the Executive Branch of the federal government. However there are many local LE agencies that are under the Judicial branch of their government. It all depend on where you work and for whom.

So here is a question I have for you. In your opinion, does Bush's NSA spy program constitute an unreasonable search and siezure and thus a violation of the 4th amendment for a US citizen? Why or why not?

TimmyBoy said:
So here is a question I have for you. In your opinion, does Bush's NSA spy program constitute an unreasonable search and siezure and thus a violation of the 4th amendment for a US citizen? Why or why not?

For me personally the jury is still out on this issue. I don't think the general public has enough information nor knowledge to make a determination. I seriously question why team Bush would proceed with wire taps without warrants when FISA could provide them with warrants. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. But again I'm not sure enough facts are out, perhaps there's some info we don't know yet that will make this all make sense, legally.

Pacridge said:
For me personally the jury is still out on this issue. I don't think the general public has enough information nor knowledge to make a determination. I seriously question why team Bush would proceed with wire taps without warrants when FISA could provide them with warrants. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. But again I'm not sure enough facts are out, perhaps there's some info we don't know yet that will make this all make sense, legally.

I agree with you. I have a hunch, and I shouldn't go on hunches, that after September 11, Bush was so devestated by September 11, that he ordered these wiretaps, which were illegally, because the terrorist threat was very real and was thus willing to risk his hide in doing so. I think he stopped a dirty bomb attack that was going to be carried out by a US citizen on behalf of Al-queda and are going after him on different charges with evidence that was gathered legally. But, you might be right, their might be other information we are not privy to.

Back
Top Bottom