• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NSA shares raw intel incl. Americans' data with Israel.

Montecresto

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The National Security Agency routinely shares raw intelligence data with Israel without first sifting it to remove information about US citizens, a top-secret document provided to the Guardian by whistleblower Edward Snowden reveals.

Details of the intelligence-sharing agreement are laid out in a memorandum of understanding between the NSA and its Israeli counterpart that shows the US government handed over intercepted communications likely to contain phone calls and emails of American citizens. The agreement places no legally binding limits on the use of the data by the Israelis.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/11/nsa-americans-personal-data-israel-documents

I'm sure the US gets useful intel in return.

I'm sure the US gets useful intel in return.

Did you voluntarily surrender your privacy for Israeli consumption, or was it taken.

Did you voluntarily surrender your privacy for Israeli consumption, or was it taken.

I made the choice through my elected representatives. Israel provides good intel.

I made the choice through my elected representatives. Israel provides good intel.

Your elected reps are making the decisions at NSA?

Appointees of those reps, under their authority.

They're not directing it. It's essentially an arm of the pentagon, nearly all its directors have been retired brass. Anyway, hush Eco. I knew you'd be ok with this. I'm waiting to hear from those that value their privacy and the fourth amendment.

They're not directing it. It's essentially an arm of the pentagon, nearly all its directors have been retired brass. Anyway, hush Eco. I knew you'd be ok with this. I'm waiting to hear from those that value their privacy and the fourth amendment.

Everyone agrees with sharing intel with the Israelis.

Everyone agrees with sharing intel with the Israelis.

We're talking about Americans personal data. You obviously never read the links.

We're talking about Americans personal data. You obviously never read the links.

You didn't read. It says "raw intel data", that's metadata. Sharing the phone number lists of people on the terror list with Israel is a good idea, they can probably link that number to others.

All friendly countries share intel. This is surprising?

What is there in your phone records that might make you paranoid?

Did you see paranoid in my post. My phone records are as you said, mine. Not the NSA's and CERTAINLY not Israel's. when you go in the bath room do you lock the door because your paranoid, or just prefer some privacy?

Did you see paranoid in my post. My phone records are as you said, mine. Not the NSA's and CERTAINLY not Israel's. when you go in the bath room do you lock the door because your paranoid, or just prefer some privacy?

At home, I don't even close the door. Your phone records are not yours. They are the property of your carrier...

At home, I don't even close the door. Your phone records are not yours. They are the property of your carrier...

Right. And Israel is NOT my carrier.

Once again, what do you fear? I'm not saying I like the practice, but I really don't care who sees my phone records as there is nothing to see...

Probably why you don't close the bathroom door, nothing to see their either.

Once again, what do you fear? I'm not saying I like the practice, but I really don't care who sees my phone records as there is nothing to see...

First you misrepresent me by using the word paranoid, now fear. The fourth amendment which affords me of my privacy is something many Americans take seriously. If you don't, and you don't care, then there's nothing in the op for you, move right along.

First you misrepresent me by using the word paranoid, now fear. The fourth amendment which affords me of my privacy is something many Americans take seriously. If you don't, and you don't care, then there's nothing in the op for you, move right along.

You gave up your privacy when you decided to use a third party to make phone calls...

I never gave up anything to the NSA to share with Israel, what's wrong with you. Have you clicked the link and read the whole story, or just operating from your personal position that if you don't care if your phone records are shared with Israel, nobody does?

Back
Top Bottom