• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NSA can of worms has been opened

sawyerloggingon

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
Political Leaning
Independent
OK folks. it's out there. Every call you make, everything you do online is archived and now lawyers are demanding access.

" The National Security Agency has spent years demanding that companies turn over their data. Now, the spy agency finds the shoe is on the other foot. A defendant in a Florida murder trial says telephone records collected by the NSA as part of its surveillance programs hold evidence that would help prove his innocence, and his lawyer has demanded that prosecutors produce those records. On Wednesday, the federal government filed a motion saying it would refuse, citing national security. But experts say the novel legal argument could encourage other lawyers to fight for access to the newly disclosed NSA surveillance database."

Lawyers eye NSA data as treasure trove for evidence in murder, divorce cases - Red Tape

OK folks. it's out there. Every call you make, everything you do online is archived and now lawyers are demanding access. " The National Security Agency has spent years demanding that companies turn over their data. Now, the spy agency finds the shoe is on the other foot. A defendant in a Florida murder trial says telephone records collected by the NSA as part of its surveillance programs hold evidence that would help prove his innocence, and his lawyer has demanded that prosecutors produce those records. On Wednesday, the federal government filed a motion saying it would refuse, citing national security. But experts say the novel legal argument could encourage other lawyers to fight for access to the newly disclosed NSA surveillance database." Lawyers eye NSA data as treasure trove for evidence in murder, divorce cases - Red Tape

I'm surprised it took this long...

Why not---lawyers go after facebook accounts in divorce case.

At this point they may as well make it all public. Frankly, I would mind at all knowing the who and where of the schmucks that keep spamming my phone.

A government attempt to make me relevant. It will fail.

Back
Top Bottom