• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NRA's National Database of Gun Owners [W:90]

Bob N

Weekend Political Pundit
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Folks what do you think? Is it safe for the National Rifle Association to be keeping a list of "tens of millions" of gun owners without their consent? Are not databases dangerous to gun owners? And can that database the NRA keeps in their Virginia Offices be easily swiped?

How The NRA Built A Massive Secret Database Of Gun Owners

Folks what do you think? Is it safe for the National Rifle Association to be keeping a list of "tens of millions" of gun owners without their consent? Are not databases dangerous to gun owners? And can that database the NRA keeps in their Virginia Offices be easily swiped?

I would think whether or not it's a problem depends on whether or not they wield any power over the individual. The NRA doesn't legislate or have legal power over anyone. That would be like saying that Samsung has a database of refrigerator owners, and asking if it's dangerous.

I freely gave them whatever info they have on me. So did all other members. What is your point.

This is extremely ironic.

I'm sure the NSA is glad to hear about this :lamo

I must say that I too am alarmed when I read this tidbit. All the NRA talks about is how dangerous it is to gun owners for a gun registry to exist. So what do they do? They make one. :confused:

I would think whether or not it's a problem depends on whether or not they wield any power over the individual. The NRA doesn't legislate or have legal power over anyone. That would be like saying that Samsung has a database of refrigerator owners, and asking if it's dangerous.
Yes. But what about theft? :confused:

I see your point, but don't you think it would be a little different if Samsung was promoting the belief that the govt wanted to ban refrigerators?

I freely gave them whatever info they have on me. So did all other members. What is your point.
That's fine, but what about others that do not know that the NRA has them on a registry; and what about theft of that data?

That's fine, but what about others that do not know that the NRA has them on a registry; and what about theft of that data?

They just can't see how a group that opposes the govt gathering a list of gun owners because they think they govt will use it to confiscate their guns is putting their 2nd amend rights at risk by gathering a list of gun owners

They just can't see how a group that opposes the govt gathering a list of gun owners because they think they govt will use it to confiscate their guns is putting their 2nd amend rights at risk by gathering a list of gun owners
And you have to think for a moment. Why should the government make one to use when the NRA's will do just fine. :cool:

And you have to think for a moment. Why should the government make one to use when the NRA's will do just fine. :cool:

Waitaminute!!!

Are you implying that a govt determined to use force to confiscate everyones' guns would not balk at using force to confiscate the NRA's list?

That's just crazy talk!!!

But I think you explained why they're not seeing this:

you have to think for a moment.

This is such a stupid bait thread. The NRA uses it for marketing to get more subscriptions and advertising etc. They are not a governmental agency and has no governmental authority at all. This is as stupid as people saying Rush Limbaugh is the leader of the GOP.

Absolutely ridiculous comparison.

Waitaminute!!!

Are you implying that a govt determined to use force to confiscate everyones' guns would not balk at using force to confiscate the NRA's list?

That's just crazy talk!!!

The information gathered by the NRA is free public information anyone could get. The records on members don't include what guns you own as they don't ask. Any more hyperbole?

This is such a stupid bait thread. The NRA uses it for marketing to get more subscriptions and advertising etc. They are not a governmental agency and has no governmental authority at all. This is as stupid as people saying Rush Limbaugh is the leader of the GOP.

Absolutely ridiculous comparison.
The NRA has quite a powerful lobbying arm and they help write a lot of the gun legislation that benefits the gun manufacturers.

The NRA has quite a powerful lobbying arm and they help write a lot of the gun legislation that benefits the gun manufacturers and not public safety.

So? And this has something to do with the thread? Public Safety is not a private organizations problem if they are within the law. If it is within the law, it is assumed to be relatively safe.

Now if you have something that has to do with the NRA registry?

Find me one person they gathered info on, and did anything with it. Unlike our government.
Just like buying anything, when you buy a gun. You get ads and offers for magazines and clubs in the mail.
After I bought my last new car, I get crap in the mail every few weeks.

I see your point, but don't you think it would be a little different if Samsung was promoting the belief that the govt wanted to ban refrigerators?

It doesn't make any difference. The legal power is what makes it an issue.

The information gathered by the NRA is free public information anyone could get. The records on members don't include what guns you own as they don't ask. Any more hyperbole?
The gun manufacturers probably know what guns most of the NRA members are buying.

It doesn't make any difference. The legal power is what makes it an issue.

The govt has no legal power to confiscate all guns, but people fear it just the same.

A central database of gun owners would be useful for a govt that wants to confiscate everyone's guns.

Do you think a govt that would confiscate everyone's guns even though it doesn't have the legal power to do so would balk at confiscating the NRA's list of gun owners simply because it doesn't have the legal power to confiscate the list?

The gun manufacturers probably know what guns most of the NRA members are buying.

No kidding. And I am sure GE, Ford and Apple knows who is buying there televisions, cars and ipads. A company would not be successful for long if they did not know what the customer wanted.

The govt has no legal power to confiscate all guns, but people fear it just the same.

A central database of gun owners would be useful for a govt that wants to confiscate everyone's guns.

Then all the government needs to do is say please forward us all the freely available public records. Just like the NRA did. This is not rocket science here. You are trying desperately to villainize the NRA and make them out to be hypocrites for doing what many clubs, manufacturers and publications do. The difference is the government has power to affect us directly, the NRA does not.

Do you think a govt that would confiscate everyone's guns even though it doesn't have the legal power to do so would balk at confiscating the NRA's list of gun owners simply because it doesn't have the legal power to confiscate the list?

I have already answered this. You have yet to respond...

That ASSuming thing, gotta love it. I guess we don't like assuming the Supreme court will safeguard our rights, just private corporations... :shock:

I do think it funny the NRA is so firearm registry phobic they keep one of their own. The list doesn't need to tell the E-Vile Overlords WHAT type of firearm you own just THAT you do!

I do like the point another poster made... the 'gun nuts' fear a government crack down and confiscation of their weapons, many 'gun nuts' keep the Mantra going that restricting black rifles is just a step, the E-Vile Overlords want ALL our weapons... but for some reason the E-Vile Overlords wouldn't dare use a private company's data... like say Phone records... :doh

One more little list the NRA keeps that should have a few up late at night, the NRA sanctions high power, F-Class matches and keeps a list of those who compete and what degree of skill they posses. These lists are published in the NRA newsletters online. Throw in the pistol comp scores and you have a right handy, 'first to be sent to FEMA Death Camps' list... :shock:

That ASSuming thing, gotta love it. I guess we don't like assuming the Supreme court will safeguard our rights, just private corporations... :shock:

I do think it funny the NRA is so firearm registry phobic they keep one of their own. The list doesn't need to tell the E-Vile Overlords WHAT type of firearm you own just THAT you do!

I do like the point another poster made... the 'gun nuts' fear a government crack down and confiscation of their weapons, many 'gun nuts' keep the Mantra going that restricting black rifles is just a step, the E-Vile Overlords want ALL our weapons... but for some reason the E-Vile Overlords wouldn't dare use a private company's data... like say Phone records... :doh

One more little list the NRA keeps that should have a few up late at night, the NRA sanctions high power, F-Class matches and keeps a list of those who compete and what degree of skill they posses. These lists are published in the NRA newsletters online. Throw in the pistol comp scores and you have a right handy, 'first to be sent to FEMA Death Camps' list... :shock:

All this has already been addressed and debunked. You might want to... I don't know... maybe read the thread?

Nothing you have stated has not been covered and shown to be not true or hyperbole.

Back
Top Bottom