• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NRA Tells Doctors to Shut up and Dribble

Speaking of shut up and dribble--by the way, just how rude was that skank, Laura Ingraham, for saying that phrase to LeBron?--these guys aren't listening.

6fdf14b75e10a52b6b0ab85080262877_crop_north.jpg

During warm-ups prior to their game at Staples Center in Los Angeles on Saturday, the Los Angeles Clippers and Milwaukee Bucks wore shirts in response to Wednesday's mass shooting in Thousand Oaks, California.

As seen in the following photos courtesy of the Los Angeles Times' Dan Woike, the players wore shirts that said "enough" on the front and listed the victims' names on the back:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Speaking of shut up and dribble--by the way, just how rude was that skank, Laura Ingraham, for saying that phrase to LeBron?--these guys aren't listening.

6fdf14b75e10a52b6b0ab85080262877_crop_north.jpg

Exactly what do they expect the state of California to do?

Exactly what do they expect the state of California to do?

Time will tell where this will go. But, I can assure you this. It won't be anyplace that you want or ever expected.

My guess is the 2nd will eventually fall. It's only a matter of time. And as the bodies continue hitting the floor, that time gets closer and closer.

Time will tell where this will go. But, I can assure you this. It won't be anyplace that you want or ever expected.

My guess is the 2nd will eventually fall. It's only a matter of time. And as the bodies continue hitting the floor, that time gets closer and closer.

Find a recent red/blue of the states. Start counting red states. Stop when you get to 13.

Find a recent red/blue of the states. Start counting red states. Stop when you get to 13.

Times change, rapidly. Have you checked demographic trends lately?

No one does, because they do not exist.

Yes, people fail to understand that rights are just lip service, kind of like what we see when some politician swears to uphold the Constitution. Anyone paying attention knows that is just bull****.

The 2nd will eventually fall, if the U.S. doesn't collapse first. It will never happen in one fell-swoop, though. It will continue to happen through incrementalism. The government has gotten too smart to throw its frogs in boiling water.

Yes, people fail to understand that rights are just lip service, kind of like what we see when some politician swears to uphold the Constitution. Anyone paying attention knows that is just bull****.

Exactly. There is only freedom and the person that would keep you from it. The concept of rights is just a political tool.

The 2nd will eventually fall, if the U.S. doesn't collapse first. It will never happen in one fell-swoop, though. It will continue to happen through incrementalism. The government has gotten too smart to throw its frogs in boiling water.

Unless some nut leader does something incredibly stupid, the US will not fall in our lifetimes. It's too far removed from everywhere else for occupation, even today. But, we will sell the country out to foreign interests, bit by bit. See Wisconsin and Foxconn for a perfect example of how it will play out.

As for the Second Amendment, once guns become bad for business, the powers that be will erode away the rights for everyone who wants one to have one. And, of course, the American public is already in favor of putting limits on the 2nd. So, how long is it going to take before noticeable action takes root? I don't know...twenty-thirty years or so, max.

Unless some nut leader does something incredibly stupid, the US will not fall in our lifetimes. It's too far removed from everywhere else for occupation, even today. But, we will sell the country out to foreign interests, bit by bit. See Wisconsin and Foxconn for a perfect example of how it will play out.

As for the Second Amendment, once guns become bad for business, the powers that be will erode away the rights for everyone who wants one to have one. And, of course, the American public is already in favor of putting limits on the 2nd. So, how long is it going to take before noticeable action takes root? I don't know...twenty-thirty years or so, max.

No one will invade the US, nor will there be any civil wars. The collapse will be economic. That could happen any day now, or within decades. I think it's very possible that it will happen in our lifetimes. And, it's important to note that the death of 2A will not mean the death of guns. There are so many guns here they will never be rid of them.

Exactly. There is only freedom and the person that would keep you from it. The concept of rights is just a political tool.

Freedom is sacrificed for convenience everyday. Driver's licenses, jobs, credit cards, flying from A to B, etc. are the most obvious examples of where we gladly set aside our freedoms to conform to whatever is called for at that moment.

We submit to allowing body searches (breathalyzer or blood tests) in order to drive. We piss in cups to get that next job. We hand over all of our personal information and allow ourselves to be at the mercy of credit agencies to operate day to day on lines of credit. And everyone knows all the freedoms we sacrifice to get on a plane.

Now, would I trade convenience for those freedoms? Not really. I like to be able to drive, work, not having to carry cash, and hopping on a plane to get somewhere that is 2000 miles away from home in four hours when needed.

I would need to launch an investigation to be sure but I am pretty sure that this idea that doctors need to stay in their own lane, maybe fix the extremely broken medical system if they feel lacking in work, before they work to micromanage the rest of our lives, was heard here from me before the NRA said it.

Freedom is sacrificed for convenience everyday. Driver's licenses, jobs, credit cards, flying from A to B, etc. are the most obvious examples of where we gladly set aside our freedoms to conform to whatever is called for at that moment.

We submit to allowing body searches (breathalyzer or blood tests) in order to drive. We piss in cups to get that next job. We hand over all of our personal information and allow ourselves to be at the mercy of credit agencies to operate day to day on lines of credit. And everyone knows all the freedoms we sacrifice to get on a plane.

Now, would I trade convenience for those freedoms? Not really. I like to be able to drive, work, not having to carry cash, and hopping on a plane to get somewhere that is 2000 miles away from home in four hours when needed.

You, not we. And that's fine. You do as you like. The problem comes when you force your ideals on me. That's not fine.

No one will invade the US, nor will there be any civil wars. The collapse will be economic. That could happen any day now, or within decades. I think it's very possible that it will happen in our lifetimes. And, it's important to note that the death of 2A will not mean the death of guns. There are so many guns here they will never be rid of them.

I read or heard recently that the US (the gvt, our people and its businesses) needs nearly $3T of daily lines of credit to operate. That means any credit freeze like we almost experienced in 2008 would be disastrous, and it sends us into a spiral 100x worse than what happened in 1929 within a week.

Another realistic concern is a sustained attack on our cyber infrastructure. A few Trojan horses releasing malware in our many intricately connected networks would be very difficult to combat. Especially if said attack resulted in freezing credit.

And, of course, there is the always feasible regular financial collapse, probably resulting from too much credit being extended to unreliable debtors.

You, not we. And that's fine. You do as you like. The problem comes when you force your ideals on me. That's not fine.

We have regressed all the way back to Might Makes Right.

These are dark times.

We used to be better.

We would be 90-plus percent of the population. And, no. I have no intention of preventing the other 10% from doing whatever the hell they want, as long as they do not want to start shooting Jews, Blacks, Gays, Women, or anyone they perceive as cucks, liberals, or enemies of the people.

We have regressed all the way back to Might Makes Right.

These are dark times.

We used to be better.

We were never better. We were actually worse. Ask women, gays, black people and Jews to confirm.

Free speech is only supposed to be free if the left is the speechifier. Otherwise it's hate speech.

Indeed.

Quite clear when you note the various infringements on conservative thought and conservative speech, censorship on social media when someone from the left posts something even worse and is given a pass, the violent protests and suppression of conservatives speaking on campuses, for examples that come immediately to mind.

We were never better. We were actually worse. Ask women, gays, black people and Jews to confirm.

"Getting to UTOPIA on the backs of victims" is a rather shallow rallying cry....as the Left is about to find out.....should have already figured out with all of The Rebellion going on all around the world.

If nothing else THE NEW CHINESE EMPIRE will tune you up.

They are coming for us.

Indeed.

Quite clear when you note the various infringements on conservative thought and conservative speech, censorship on social media when someone from the left posts something even worse and is given a pass, the violent protests and suppression of conservatives speaking on campuses, for examples that come immediately to mind.

Maybe it's because we've seen where all this "conservative speech" leads--that guy in Mississippi wore it on his shirt.

"Getting to UTOPIA on the backs of victims" is a rather shallow rallying cry....as the Left is about to find out.....should have already figured out with all of The Rebellion going on all around the world.

I believe we are better than haters in Hungary, Poland, and all the other homogeneous zones where the arrival of a few Muslims and the presence of Jews sends the nationalists into a tizzy. Here, most people are not Nationalists. But, maybe the Nationalists in this great nation might want to start worrying that they will soon be treated as they wish to treat Jews, Blacks, Muslims, et al.

Maybe it's because we've seen where all this "conservative speech" leads--that guy in Mississippi wore it on his shirt.

No, that's not where '"conservative speech" leads'.

Unless, of course, you'd equally accept that 'liberal speech' has the same effect as to leading to AntiFa and other such violent organizations.

In the end, the most reasonable and responsible position is that political speech and political rhetoric and it's associated hyperbole, to stress a point, is not responsible for the actions of others unless it is incitement to those violent and criminal actions.

It is unreasonable to hold the political rhetoric of Bernie Sanders and his hyperbole of 'Republican health care will kill millions' as the cause of the congressional baseball shooter. The same is the case for President Trump's rhetoric and hyperbole not being responsible for the pipe bomber.

If you start equating those correlations to causation (by logic BTW), then you are going to have to nearly eliminate all political speech, rhetoric and hyperbole, which, frankly, is impossible, if you ask me, and if you actually tried to do it, exceeding damaging to legal principals, foundational rights, and people.

No, that's not where '"conservative speech" leads'.

Unless, of course, you'd equally accept that 'liberal speech' has the same effect as to leading to AntiFa and other such violent organizations.

In the end, the most reasonable and responsible position is that political speech and political rhetoric and it's associated hyperbole, to stress a point, is not responsible for the actions of others unless it is incitement to those violent and criminal actions.

It is unreasonable to hold the political rhetoric of Bernie Sanders and his hyperbole of 'Republican health care will kill millions' as the cause of the congressional baseball shooter. The same is the case for President Trump's rhetoric and hyperbole not being responsible for the pipe bomber.

If you start equating those correlations to causation (by logic BTW), then you are going to have to nearly eliminate all political speech, rhetoric and hyperbole, which, frankly, is impossible, if you ask me, and if you actually tried to do it, exceeding damaging to legal principals, foundational rights, and people.

Antifa did not lynch thousands of black people like the blue dog conservative Southern Democrats. They did not shoot 11 Jews last week like the conservative who tied Jewish people to a caravan in Mexico. They did not send bombs to over a dozen rival politicians and journalists like the conservative with the Trump stickers plastered all over his van. No. That was conservatives. And, it's proof that conservative speech is hate speech.

We would be 90-plus percent of the population. And, no. I have no intention of preventing the other 10% from doing whatever the hell they want, as long as they do not want to start shooting Jews, Blacks, Gays, Women, or anyone they perceive as cucks, liberals, or enemies of the people.

What would be the percent of the population that doesn't consent to at least something the government does? So no, your 90% figure isn't correct, not that it's relevant. You can't just dismiss 10% of the population because they are a minority. And, your aversion to shooting is admirable, but it's not consistent. Your government shoots Jews, Blacks, Gays, Women, cucks, liberals, and everyone else, if they don't bow down to them.

Back
Top Bottom