• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NRA Launches anti-Biden Attack Ads

Creepy Joe embraced Beto O Dork's gun policy. That's all that really needs to be said.

Creepy Joe embraced Beto O Dork's gun policy. That's all that really needs to be said.

You must be a “lifetime” member........

Tweet from the NRA with a video of their new attack ad:
https://twitter.com/NRA/status/1296861863288995841

I've seen it on the air in Michigan.

I'm not super Twitter savvy, but I can't hear audio from the video unless I unmute it first. So if you can't hear any audio, try unmuting the video.

So pathetic how the right-wing organizations like the NRA, Liberty University, and trump count on their members and voters' stupidity to make themselves rich at their members and voters expense.

The modern GOP is the haven for snake-oil salesman - that's why trump has such a high approval rating within the current GOP - they're lambs being led to their slaughter.

Tweet from the NRA with a video of their new attack ad:
https://twitter.com/NRA/status/1296861863288995841

I've seen it on the air in Michigan.

I'm not super Twitter savvy, but I can't hear audio from the video unless I unmute it first. So if you can't hear any audio, try unmuting the video.

I certainly agree with the NRA advertisement. Biden is definitely anti-Second Amendment and anti-law enforcement. Trump, on the other hand, is pro-law enforcement, but also very anti-Second Amendment. So I can see the Democrat Party using the very same NRA ad against Trump by just changing the names.

How could this be an issue? I was told that Obama was going to take all your guns. He did do it, right? I mean, the GOP wouldn't lie for political purposes.

=lurchadams;1072509527]So pathetic how the right-wing organizations like the NRA, Liberty University, and trump count on their members and voters' stupidity to make themselves rich at their members and voters expense.

IF they are, (and I'm not saying they are)then I would rather see all that money they made off of me make them filthy ass rich then I would be dead. You tend not to come back from that. You have been listening to the Merchants of Death Bunch.

The modern GOP is the haven for snake-oil salesman - that's why trump has such a high approval rating within the current GOP - they're lambs being led to their slaughter.

Toggle Almendro' twit flick? Well it's not that far wrong. At all.

How could this be an issue? I was told that Obama was going to take all your guns. He did do it, right? I mean, the GOP wouldn't lie for political purposes.

All parties lie for political purposes.

So pathetic how the right-wing organizations like the NRA, Liberty University, and trump count on their members and voters' stupidity to make themselves rich at their members and voters expense.
No snake oil.

Mr. Trump really does protect the Second Amendment.

Mr. Trump really does nominate Supreme Court justices who uphold the Second Amendment.

Mr. Biden really does want to violate the Second Amendment for no reason.

Mr. Biden really will nominate Supreme Court justices who will allow the Second Amendment to be wantonly violated.

I certainly agree with the NRA advertisement. Biden is definitely anti-Second Amendment and anti-law enforcement. Trump, on the other hand, is pro-law enforcement, but also very anti-Second Amendment. So I can see the Democrat Party using the very same NRA ad against Trump by just changing the names.
Mr. Trump isn't anti-Second Amendment.

He nominates Supreme Court justices who uphold the Second Amendment.

As soon as he took office, Mr. Trump signed legislation outlawing Mr. Obama's plot to ban guns by falsely accusing people of being dangerously insane.

Mr. Obama tried. He devoted the entire first hundred days of his second term to trying to violate the Second Amendment for no reason.

The NRA defeated him and left his second term a wasteland of failure.

It was Mr. Obama's do nothing presidency that led to the nation's desire for change and Mr. Trump's victory in 2016.

Mr. Obama tried. He devoted the entire first hundred days of his second term to trying to violate the Second Amendment for no reason.

It was Mr. Obama's do nothing presidency that led to the nation's desire for change and Mr. Trump's victory in 2016.

:lamo

Don't give me this "look at what you made me (us) do!" crap. That's right out of the language of abuse, and it's the same basic excuse Trumpists give for every last ugly thing they have done or support being done.

No, nobody made you pick Trump over the others, especially not Obama. You did it because you wanted to inflict that corrupt, criminal, and incompetent malevolence on America to "own the libs". It's why one of the main selling points for Trump seems to be that people hate him.

(The irony, of course, is that I could rejoin "And Trump is why Biden is likely to win in 2020, and why the Dems might even manage to do the previously unthinkable - take the senate, too." But that irony would only go so far, since Biden doesn't actually intend to aim malice at the right)

The whole "they'll take our guns!" fear mongering is the dumbest schtick around. Heller is very strong on 2nd rights, so even if Biden got some crazy gun legislation through it'd be shredded. There really isn't much they can do to take your guns. Maybe they can at most take 100-round magazines or whatever the biggest are. But if anyone cries about that, it will only prove the lack of sincerity: that it isn't about self-defense at all for many, but rather, having cool toys.

The average citizen isn't Tony Montana

PS: Trump took your bump stocks. But because he did it, people went :shrug:

Last edited:
The whole "they'll take our guns!" fear mongering is the dumbest schtick around. Heller is very strong on 2nd rights, so even if Biden got some crazy gun legislation through it'd be shredded. There really isn't much they can do to take your guns.

Explain Shew v Malloy and Kolbe v Hogan. Explain Friedman v Highland Park.

As soon as he took office, Mr. Trump signed legislation outlawing Mr. Obama's plot to ban guns by falsely accusing people of being dangerously insane.

Of course Trump is anti-Second Amendment. Since he has been President, Trump has:

• Openly embraced Nancy Pelosi's gun-control agenda;
  • Banned bump stocks via executive order;
  • Pushed for illegal universal background checks; and
  • Proposed expanding red flag laws on a national level.
Trump is so anti-Second Amendment he is willing to violate our other constitutionally protected rights, just like the anti-American filth in the Democrat Party, in order to illegally seize firearms.

If you liked post-9/11 loss of liberty, you’ll love Trump’s gun control plans

Both Biden and Trump are a direct threat to our constitutionally protected rights.

No snake oil.

Mr. Trump really does protect the Second Amendment.

Mr. Trump really does nominate Supreme Court justices who uphold the Second Amendment.

Mr. Biden really does want to violate the Second Amendment for no reason.

Mr. Biden really will nominate Supreme Court justices who will allow the Second Amendment to be wantonly violated.

And Obama did nothing to take your guns away nor will Biden. Remember how the NRA claimed Obama was taking all your guns away - after he was elected there was a run on guns and ammo? So who benefited from the NRA making that claim? Gun manufacturers who are the NRA's real client.

You guys are so easily fooled - thanks for proving my point.

What was done under the Obama/Biden administration to limit your access to guns?

Right. Nothing!

From your own link:

On March 21, 2013, Senator Harry Reid introduced the Safe Communities, Safe Schools Act of
2013 (S. 649). As introduced, this bill included the language of several bills previously reported
by the Senate Committee on the Judiciary: (1) the Stop Illegal Trafficking in Firearms Act of
2013 (S. 54), (2) the Fix Gun Checks Act of 2013 (S. 374), and (3) the School Safety
Enhancements Act of 2013 (S. 146). However, the Assault Weapons Ban of 2013 (S. 150) was not
included in S. 649. From April 17-18, 2013, the Senate considered S. 649 and nine amendments
that addressed a wide array of gun control issues, ranging from restricting assault weapons to
mandating interstate recognition (reciprocity) of state handgun concealed carry laws. By
unanimous consent, the Senate agreed that adoption of these amendments would require a 60-vote
threshold. All but two of these amendments were rejected. A final vote was not taken on S. 649.

How horrible that Democrats attempted to stop illegal trafficking of deadly weapons! Oh, the humanity! You've convinced me - I'm voting for trump now :shoot

No, because when he had a chance to pass "common sense" gun laws he didn't even try, and then after Democrats got thrown out of the House and Senate in droves, only then did he start complaining about Republicans' refusal to pass his idiotic gun laws.

From your own link:

How horrible that Democrats attempted to stop illegal trafficking of deadly weapons! Oh, the humanity! You've convinced me - I'm voting for trump now :shoot

I gave you a complete list. Did you ignore all of the unconstitutional, ineffective and unenforceable bills?

EDIT: Pretty much everything in "Stop Illegal Trafficking in Firearms Act of 2013" is already law.

I gave you a complete list. Did you ignore all of the unconstitutional, ineffective and unenforceable bills?

You mean the ones that had no hope of passing? Like the 50 odd times the GOP tried to ban the ACA? No, did you?

You mean the ones that had no hope of passing? Like the 50 odd times the GOP tried to ban the ACA? No, did you?

Why would I include Republican actions that I didn't approve of regarding the ACA in a listing of gun control bills introduced to Congress during the term of Pres. Obama?

I'm not a Republican.

Why would I include Republican actions that I didn't approve of regarding the ACA in a listing of gun control bills introduced to Congress during the term of Pres. Obama?

I'm not a Republican.

No. You're an alarmist. No one's coming for your guns. Your guns are safe, like they've been for over 200 years.

No. You're an alarmist. No one's coming for your guns. Your guns are safe, like they've been for over 200 years.

Why does Biden keep using the phrases "ban" and "buy-back"? Why did he endorse "Take your guns" Beto for a future administration position?

Why does Biden keep using the phrases "ban" and "buy-back"? Why did he endorse "Take your guns" Beto for a future administration position?

Fact-checking Joe Biden's recent comments on gun control - CNNPolitics

Biden's gun control plan does not include confiscating legally owned weapons and an interpretation of a "viral video" is a mishearing of what was said. The former vice president has said in the past that a Biden administration would come for people's "assault weapons."
Biden's gun control plan outlines a buyback program for "assault weapons and high-capacity magazines," but the program is not a mandatory buyback and would not force people to give their up their guns.

Have a good night. Go shoot something - you'll feel better :lamo

Fact-checking Joe Biden's recent comments on gun control - CNNPolitics

Have a good night. Go shoot something - you'll feel better :lamo

You left out this part:

Regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act. Currently, the National Firearms Act requires individuals possessing machine-guns, silencers, and short-barreled rifles to undergo a background check and register those weapons with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Due to these requirements, such weapons are rarely used in crimes. As president, Biden will pursue legislation to regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act.
Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities. Biden will also institute a program to buy back weapons of war currently on our streets. This will give individuals who now possess assault weapons or high-capacity magazines two options: sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act.

Joe Biden's Plan to End Gun Violence | Joe Biden for President

Currently when one is trying to register a firearm with NFA, the applicant doesn't take possession until the stamp is issued. Given that currently the backlog is about 9 months long, we can assume that the future backlog will triple at a minimum.

What do those current owners do with their firearms until the stamp arrives?

And it's not just "coming for our guns"; it's mainly "coming for our gun rights". Once they can ignore those, nothing is protected.

Ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.

What is an "assault weapon"? What is a "high capacity magazine"?

The whole "they'll take our guns!" fear mongering is the dumbest schtick around.
No fear mongering. Mr. Biden really does mean to try to violate the Second Amendment for no reason.

Heller is very strong on 2nd rights, so even if Biden got some crazy gun legislation through it'd be shredded. There really isn't much they can do to take your guns.
Unfortunately that isn't true. Mr. Biden plans to nominate judges and justices who will freely ignore Heller, just as past Democratic nominees have freely ignored the Second Amendment.

Maybe they can at most take 100-round magazines or whatever the biggest are.
If they appoint judges and justices who are willing to ignore Heller, progressives will be able to do much more than that.

But if anyone cries about that, it will only prove the lack of sincerity: that it isn't about self-defense at all for many, but rather, having cool toys.
The average citizen isn't Tony Montana
It is possible to see guns both as cool toys and as tools for self defense (as well as tools for farming, hunting, and sport).

PS: Trump took your bump stocks. But because he did it, people went :shrug:
It wasn't because Mr. Trump did it. It was because bump stocks are not appropriate for self defense, and people can see that they are rather dangerous.

The NRA openly supported a ban on bump stocks before Mr. Trump did it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course Trump is anti-Second Amendment. Since he has been President, Trump has:

• Openly embraced Nancy Pelosi's gun-control agenda;
  • Banned bump stocks via executive order;
  • Pushed for illegal universal background checks; and
  • Proposed expanding red flag laws on a national level.
Trump is so anti-Second Amendment he is willing to violate our other constitutionally protected rights, just like the anti-American filth in the Democrat Party, in order to illegally seize firearms.
The only one of those things that he has actually done is the ban on bump stocks.

It is hard to see how banning bump stocks violates Heller. They are not appropriate for self defense, and they are rather dangerous. The NRA openly supported the push to outlaw bump stocks.

Mr. Trump also signed legislation that outlawed Mr. Obama's plot to take people's guns by falsely accusing them of insanity.

Mr. Trump also appointed justices who vote to uphold Heller instead of voting to ignore it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Obama did nothing to take your guns away nor will Biden.
That is incorrect. Mr. Obama tried as hard as he could to violate the Second Amendment for no reason. He devoted the entire first hundred days of his second term to trying to do so. It didn't happen because the NRA defeated him and left his second term a legislative wasteland.

Mr. Biden will also try to violate the Second Amendment for no reason if he is elected. The NRA will defeat this attempt just like they defeated Mr. Obama.

Remember how the NRA claimed Obama was taking all your guns away - after he was elected there was a run on guns and ammo? So who benefited from the NRA making that claim?
The American people benefited because Mr. Obama was prevented from violating their rights.

Gun manufacturers who are the NRA's real client.
That is incorrect. The gun manufacturers are represented by the NSSF.

You guys are so easily fooled - thanks for proving my point.
Pointing out that "both Mr. Obama and Mr. Biden wish to violate the Second Amendment for no reason" is pointing out the truth.

What was done under the Obama/Biden administration to limit your access to guns?
Right. Nothing!
That is only because the NRA defeated Mr. Obama's attempts to violate the Second Amendment for no reason.

There was no lack of trying on Mr. Obama's part. He wrecked his second term trying to violate the Second Amendment for no reason.

His failed second term is the reason why the voters wanted a change and elected Mr. Trump in 2016.

That is incorrect. Just like Mr. Obama tried, Mr. Biden also plans to try to violate our Second Amendment rights for no reason.

Back
Top Bottom