• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NRA Endorses Strickland over Kasich

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
NRA endorses Strickland over Kasich | The Columbus Dispatch

Ted Strickland-Dem incumbent in Ohio voted against the Clinton gun schemes in 1994 as a freshman congressmen. John Kasich changed his vote for Nay to Yes after Clinton bribed him by agreeing to support Kasich's Penny-Kasich bill. Kasich's cowardly flip flop meant glock magazines went from 15 dollars in 1993 to over 100 in 1995.

This was a good endorsement and it proves the NRA doesn't rubber stamp GOP candidates

This is a republican year, and it's a state that tends to go with the flow. can Strickland even win in ohio? :/

Good to see that some organizations put principle over partisanship.

This was a good endorsement and it proves the NRA doesn't rubber stamp GOP candidates
This is, of course, a suprise only to the anti-gun loons.

Been happy with Strickland, as a whole. I still would have preferred Blackwell.

This is a republican year, and it's a state that tends to go with the flow. can Strickland even win in ohio? :/
Strickland is the Incumbent. I haven't seen any polls regarding his favorability, but the only thing I really have against him is that he will certainly support whoever the Dems run for President -- undoubtedtly, The Obama.

Heck, the guy might sign a bill that repeals the state income tax - what's not to like?

This is, of course, a suprise only to the anti-gun loons.

Been happy with Strickland, as a whole. I still would have preferred Blackwell.

when Blackwell was on city council I worked for another councilman. The police were switching from 38 specials to 357 (model 19s) and Blackwell-pre GOP switch-Brought in a Model 29 and started whining about Magnums and Dirty Harry. I remember addressing Council-as a 19 year old college kid and telling them about "stopping power"

Blackwell wised up later on but Strickland-as a freshman Dem voted against the barely passed Clinton Gun ban. That gave him some serious cred with me and the Buckeye Firearms group.

Kasich absolutely sucks on second amendment stuff

I got a letter from that little POS weasel trying to tell me how his vote for the clinton gun ban was pro second amendment.

I am glad I finally will get a chance to vote against that butthead

same with that moron Mike DeWiner-another gun hating RINO

Cordray has four times the brains and is better on guns.

Back
Top Bottom