• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NRA-Backed Law Spells Out When Indianans May Open Fire on Police

You can come after me any time.

Don't think he could handle himself without a keyboard and anonymity to protect himself.

Don't think he could handle himself without a keyboard and anonymity to protect himself.

The anonymous nature of the internet creates lions from mice for some folks.

I ain't 'some folks'. :cool:

Now before people start criticizing me, allow me to state my reason for posting this story. before she became a lawyer, my mother served as a police officer in Wisconsin, so i am concerned about laws that may potentially harm police officers for no justifiable reason.

can any of the pro-gun people on this forum give me a better understanding of what you think of this kind of law?
I think a cop illegally breaking into your home is no different than anyone else breaking into your home.

The only possible difference I see is that you KNOW the intruder is armed, so you should start shooting faster.

this may be considered old news, but i think the law discussed in the article is still relevent enough to discuss.

NRA-Backed Law Spells Out When Indianans May Open Fire on Police - Bloomberg

Now before people start criticizing me, allow me to state my reason for posting this story. before she became a lawyer, my mother served as a police officer in Wisconsin, so i am concerned about laws that may potentially harm police officers for no justifiable reason.

can any of the pro-gun people on this forum give me a better understanding of what you think of this kind of law?
I think that me and a few others were real clear on why this law exists.
Rogue cops or cops that are kicking in the wrong door and people fighting back. Many times people have been charged for fighting back.
This type of laws shields them from prosecution.

Nothing like toughguyontheinternet rhetoric. Generally, when a real situation emerges, gun lovers pee their pants. It's a hell of a thing shooting a man, especially when he's breaking down your door and shooting at you. Anybody who says otherwise is full of boomsticklove. Witness Zimmerman and his girlyman screaming for help when an unarmed teenager confronted him.

If the police break down your door, comply, and deal with the problem in court, not in a shoot out. That's just plain stupid

Meanwhile I do think this is a good development: it's clear that the gun types don't like the police and want a license to shoot them whenever and wherever they can. Police officers are realizing more and more that the NRA are a domestic threat and may have terrorists asperitions. They certainly talk about shooting the police and government officials a great deal. Just look at the above post.

I expect this will help clarify the fact that gun lovers are a threat to the rule of law and ultimately need to be put in prison or deported.

Pee my pants? Yea, keep dreaming brother and dont project your short comings on anyone else.
Oh, and I have a constitutional right to be safe in my home and a constitutional right to defend it.
I guess you would just have us give those rights up as well.
I told you how a no knock warrant delivery goes, Iam not going through that and letting my family go through that with me on my knees.
Think its bravado? Try me.

That must have been quite a fight....:roll: another drive by to feel better about yourself perhaps? Not a clue what the discussion is about. Apparently you are happy to let police officers do a half ass job and endanger innocent people on your behalf. Seems to be your meme.
Heck, he wants us in jail. Thats a hoot.

Pee my pants? Yea, keep dreaming brother and dont project your short comings on anyone else.
Oh, and I have a constitutional right to be safe in my home and a constitutional right to defend it.
I guess you would just have us give those rights up as well.
I told you how a no knock warrant delivery goes, Iam not going through that and letting my family go through that with me on my knees.
Think its bravado? Try me.

You will have to forgive HOJ he is of the camp that believes that none of us could survive without the benevolent hand holding Nanny State, you should be a good unarmed citizen and allow the nice police man to protect your home and family, in fact you should be required to hand over your paycheck to the State every week and allow them to spend your money for you because they know better than you what your every need is.

Meanwhile I do think this is a good development: it's clear that the gun types don't like the police and want a license to shoot them whenever and wherever they can.
I am a "gun type". I am also "the police". What do I do, shoot myself now?

Nothing like toughguyontheinternet rhetoric. Generally, when a real situation emerges, gun lovers pee their pants. It's a hell of a thing shooting a man, especially when he's breaking down your door and shooting at you. Anybody who says otherwise is full of boomsticklove. Witness Zimmerman and his girlyman screaming for help when an unarmed teenager confronted him.

If the police break down your door, comply, and deal with the problem in court, not in a shoot out. That's just plain stupid

Meanwhile I do think this is a good development: it's clear that the gun types don't like the police and want a license to shoot them whenever and wherever they can. Police officers are realizing more and more that the NRA are a domestic threat and may have terrorists asperitions. They certainly talk about shooting the police and government officials a great deal. Just look at the above post.

I expect this will help clarify the fact that gun lovers are a threat to the rule of law and ultimately need to be put in prison or deported.

Nothing like knowitallontheinternet telling you what it's like to be shot at and how everyone will react. You really wouldn't know what all police officers are realizing.

Back
Top Bottom