• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NPR Takes Condescending Tone to Hate On Texas

You are talking to someone who does not care that nearly 500,000 Americans are dead. What does he care if a few million Texans get to experience life in a third-world country?

Biden says it's a 120 million dead, and he should know, since he also decides who is black and who isn't. Good Democrats shouldn't contradict their Commissar.

lol, it's not "organized propaganda". That would be places like OAN and The Blaze.
lol
View attachment 67319506

I listen to NPR quite a bit, and it is definitely just a tabloid style propaganda outlet for left wing hacks re its news depts. That's what it exists for.

None of that changes that those windmills are federally subsidized.
Nor does it mean the private enterprise couldn't design the system to work in all weather conditions that the area sees.
Profit over reliability.

Biden says it's a 120 million dead, and he should know, since he also decides who is black and who isn't. Good Democrats shouldn't contradict their Commissar.

Der Commissar Biden didn't say that.

President Joe Biden has addressed the nation as the US marks 500,000 deaths from Covid-19, the highest toll of any country in the world.
"As a nation, we can't accept such a cruel fate. We have to resist becoming numb to the sorrow," he said.
The president and vice-president, and their spouses, then observed a moment of silence outside the White House during a candle-lighting ceremony.
More than 28.1 million Americans have been infected - another global record.
"Today I ask all Americans to remember. Remember those we lost and remember those we left behind," President Biden said, calling for Americans to fight Covid together.

Whether the Green New Deal is a workable idea or not (I have been critical of it myself), is irrelevant because it has nothing at all to do with why Texas endured widespread power outages.

I didn't ask about Texas, I asked about the 'Green New Deal'; I already pointed out earlier that the failures of the natural gas lines was far more than the loss from the wind turbines and all that. I don't see anything in the GND that will replace the power delivered on the scales several other sources deliver, even given the next 20 years.

Last edited:
I listen to NPR quite a bit, and it is definitely just a tabloid style propaganda outlet for left wing hacks re its news depts. That's what it exists for.
Uh, no.

Der Commissar Biden didn't say that.

Yes, he did, along with claiming '150 million gun deaths'. According to China Joe, the U.S. only has a population of about 70 million now. I guess Democrats need to claim that so they can justify bringing in 100 million illegal aliens this year.

Uh yes, very much so. They even word their stories with left wing slants.
Real news always has a left wing bias. After all, the Right believes in alternative facts.

Screeching from behind the screen doesn't help anyone.

Millions of Texans went without power, and then water, and some of them supplies, for days. On top of that, many of them are getting stiffed with outrageous bills for electricity they didn't even get.

But by all means, tone police people who want to point it out, because obviously that's more important. :rolleyes:

Well that's a stupid comment. NPR leans left-center but is highly factual in reporting. If you "listen to NPR quite a bit" you'd know that.

actually the sponsors are fairly evenly split. But it’s just like the way most big donors donate to both parties. I didn’t see the condescension in the story either. Seemed pretty straight forward.
Hogwash. Big donors may sometimes donate to both parties but they donate much more to democrats.

The problem with America's media in general is that they often present a factual article that has a ton of opinion thrown in. Why do news outlets not simply write up a timely or a story of events (i.e., x happened on this day), and then save the opinion for articles clearly marked as such. When you blend opinion and fact, it is hard to tell which is which, even for the most experienced reader, and thus the article loses credibility.

This specific NPR article does, through its headline, imply that it's an opinion. Which is better than other sources I've seen.

you know....even if this was caused by the windmills freezing (which it was not) that is still not the fault of renewable energy. It is the fault of the greedy power companies that made the business decision not to winterize them.
You don't winterize things like that in Texas. This isn't Minnesota just like you don't make things hurricane-proof in Kansas.

I heard it on NPR and I'm wondering where the insulting part is?

I'm also an NPR supporter.

Me too. I listen to NPR all the time. But I hear the way statements and questions are framed with the tone of voice, and they are heavily biased. In their interviews they repeatedly use leading questions and innuendo language. It's a spiked punchbowl of Kool-aid for the left.

The freezing of moisture in natural gas at low temperatures is VERY well known. Show me where I said "natural gas that was too cold to flow through the uninsulated piipe lines". I can find no post of mine with these words.

Oh... I see.

I was in a discussion with Berpoker and you jumped in.

Sorry... It was Bearpoker that said that.

I didn't ask about Texas, I asked about the 'Green New Deal'; I already pointed out earlier that the failures of the natural gas lines was far more than the loss from the wind turbines and all that. I don't see anything in the GND that will replace the power delivered on the scales several other sources deliver, even given the next 20 years.

But what does the GND have to do with Texas? The thread is on Texas. It seems to me that if Texas wants carbon neutral power, they would have to significantly ramp up their nuclear power generation.

Are you serious? You do not recall entire fields flooded out? Farmers could not plant corn or soy beans due to the flooding. How the hell did you miss this living in Indiana?

Sorry. I didn't run a farm in 2019. We get lots of rain in Indianapolis. People have written songs about it.

I do recall several years during which the local farmers couldn't get the crops in on time.

You seem very upset.

Do natural gas valves and regulators freeze in Minnesota? If not, why not?

Not a pipeline engineer.

I'm sure that, like EVERYTHING in Minnesota, Winter temperatures are likely to freeze them lacking effective precautions.

People prepare for those things that seem likely. The Climate in Texas might be cooling. Around here, Indiana, daily high temps have been 10 to 20 degrees below normal for most of February. Sucks!

As far as I know, there's NEVER been a hurricane in Indy. If we start getting them, I'll probably start covering my windows.

It was once in a lifetime freak storm. The problem shouldn't have been as severe as they were, though, especially for the water systems.

Re Minnesota it has a bout a quarter of the population Texas does, and is growing bigger by the year, and that doesn't include millions of criminal illegal aliens already here and of course another 20 million on the way the Democrats are bringing in.

I have no personal experience with Texas weather or Texas people outside of watching the Cowboys when they play big games.

In general, both the weather and the people seem nice. :)

I feel bad for the folks suffering. I hope everything works out as well as possible for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom