• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NPR Takes Condescending Tone to Hate On Texas

Bull shit! Biden is rejoining America to the elite European class as we speak. Soros, Gates, Bezos, Buffet, Bloomberg, and K Street super pacs outspend conservative donors by far. Further, liberals have captured the media and academia as well to fill out their chorus of screeching.

Ever wonder why Republicans lost the House, the Senate, and the White House in record form? Read the nonsense of your post again.

There is radial right-wing propaganda and then there is the mass of the rest of the media that is not. NPR sits right in the middle. And note the massive gap between where you swim and the rest:
News Bias 2.jpg

This also reflects the political spectrum in terms of people's mentality. Not pushing right-wing agenda and presenting you truth does not equal "left" media. When your Trump declared that the center-right WSJ was "fake news" and even FOX News "no longer worked for us," you should have taken that opportunity to wake up. It's never too late to take charge, recognize how far-right you are, and refuse their manipulations.

Last edited:
But what does the GND have to do with Texas? The thread is on Texas. It seems to me that if Texas wants carbon neutral power, they would have to significantly ramp up their nuclear power generation.

You brought it up, not me. I just asked you was in it that that is going to replace gas and nukes.

Me too. I listen to NPR all the time. But I hear the way statements and questions are framed with the tone of voice, and they are heavily biased. In their interviews they repeatedly use leading questions and innuendo language. It's a spiked punchbowl of Kool-aid for the left.

Yes. For instance the trial in the George Floyd heart attack hasn't even started, but every mention of the story on NPR is always referring to 'the brutal police murder of George Floyd', and lot more in that vein, no matter the topic. They're ridiculously biased, no surprise since the whole network was originally set up to be a left wing megaphone while lining Bill Moyer's pockets at the same time. I like some of their shows and interviews but I stopped donating to them when they started lying along with the rest of the MSM during the Zimmerman media lynching. I now use English editions of foreign news networks out of Japan, Taiwan, Deuscth Weil, the Israeli papers, WSJ, etc. NPR is a waste of time re real news.

Last edited:
I have no personal experience with Texas weather or Texas people outside of watching the Cowboys when they play big games.

In general, both the weather and the people seem nice. :)

I feel bad for the folks suffering. I hope everything works out as well as possible for everyone.

We have the worst weather in the country here, from extreme heat to high humidity to tornadoes to hail storms and massive electrical storms and more, and my region here gets all of them.

You brought it up, not me. I just asked you was in it that that is going to replace gas and nukes.

I was literally responding to a post where you were ranting against the GND as though it was in anyway relevant to Texas power outages.

Check out this graph re energy sources in the U.S.

Seriuosly, does anybody really think 'The Green New Deal' is anything but a boutique fantasy for the Bourgeois Bohemians? You know, the ones who fly their personal jets around to all the 'climate Change' symposiums for photo ops of them getting out of their limos and making Scary Faces N Stuff over 'The Environment? Half the 11% of 'Green Energy' is itself bio mass;
wind and solar' are only about a third of that 11%. Biden is only going to feed a scam, is all.

Check out this graph re energy sources in the U.S.

Seriuosly, does anybody really think 'The Green New Deal' is anything but a boutique fantasy for the Bourgois Bohemians? You know, the ones who fly their personal jets around to all the 'climate Change' symposiums for photo ops of them getting out of their limos and making Scary Faces N Stuff over 'The Environment?
What are you afraid of happening when the Green New Deal occurs? Do you think that they will turn off all sources of energy that arent renewable at the stroke of midnight?

What are you afraid of happening when the Green New Deal occurs? Do you think that they will turn off all sources of energy that arent renewable at the stroke of midnight?

Have any more strawmen you want to throw out there?

Then you should try and have one sometime.
I was looking forward to a debate in this thread but your capitulation is noted.

every time this thread pops back up on the front page (given the four years we just endured) i have to laugh at "condescending tone".

every time this thread pops back up on the front page (given the four years we just endured) i have to laugh at "condescending tone".
Apparently facts that don't support your opinions are condescending to some people.

These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.

• Overall, we rate NPR (National Public Radio) Left-Center Biased based on story selection that leans slightly left and Very High for factual reporting due to thorough sourcing and very accurate news reporting.

We have the worst weather in the country here, from extreme heat to high humidity to tornadoes to hail storms and massive electrical storms and more, and my region here gets all of them.

Your post reminds me of Sheldon Cooper from the TV show "The Big Bang Theory".

When invited to go outside and enjoy the nice day, he responded saying something like:

Man has been perfecting "inside" for 5000 years. Why would anyone ever want to go "outside"?

It hadn't really occurred to me so clearly until I heard him say that. We seem to be heading in the general direction of domed cities. Going outside might soon be next to impossible. Perfect, regulated weather 24-7.

Growing up in Northern Minnesota, going outside was evidence of courage in the face of nature's threat.

No cell phones on board traveling alone through blizzards in the 70's. We were nuts.

Your post reminds me of Sheldon Cooper from the TV show "The Big Bang Theory".

When invited to go outside and enjoy the nice day, he responded saying something like:

Man has been perfecting "inside" for 5000 years. Why would anyone ever want to go "outside"?

It hadn't really occurred to me so clearly until I heard him say that. We seem to be heading in the general direction of domed cities. Going outside might soon be next to impossible. Perfect, regulated weather 24-7.

Growing up in Northern Minnesota, going outside was evidence of courage in the face of nature's threat.

No cell phones on board traveling alone through blizzards in the 70's. We were nuts.

I loved Minnesota in summers; went there often to the Boy Scout canoe base up there close to Ely, and near International Falls; we would travel the Canadian lakes and portages for a couple of weeks at a time. I got a recipe for Hudson's Bay bread around here somewhere.

Apparently facts that don't support your opinions are condescending to some people.

NPR is as far left as hairy female armpits and unshaven legs driving a Volkswagen.

I loved Minnesota in summers; went there often to the Boy Scout canoe base up there close to Ely, and near International Falls; we would travel the Canadian lakes and portages for a couple of weeks at a time. I got a recipe for Hudson's Bay bread around here somewhere.

My college roommate's father was a canoe guide and the protector of folks in the wilderness on vacation.

On one occasion, he was annoyed because a Black Bear was making noises in the brush and he set out to scare it away banging two pans and screaming. Well, he THOUGHT it was a Black Bear.

When he got closer, it turned out to be Brown Bear. Much larger and not so easily scared off. He and the bear circled around the same bush for about an hour before the bear got bored and left.

Like Sheldon, I'm mystified why people want to subject themselves to "outside" when "inside" is so comfy. ;)

They only stopped because the power company was too cheap to prepare them for cold weather.

You might not have noticed, but once in a generation kind of events are becoming far more frequent for some totally unknown reason
Yeah, and "hundred years floods" now happen, oh, about every five or six years.

My college roommate's father was a canoe guide and the protector of folks in the wilderness on vacation.

On one occasion, he was annoyed because a Black Bear was making noises in the brush and he set out to scare it away banging two pans and screaming. Well, he THOUGHT it was a Black Bear.

When he got closer, it turned out to be Brown Bear. Much larger and not so easily scared off. He and the bear circled around the same bush for about an hour before the bear got bored and left.

Like Sheldon, I'm mystified why people want to subject themselves to "outside" when "inside" is so comfy. ;)

We had few problems with bears, we had good luck with scaring them off. We did run into groups who ran off and left everything when confronted with them, though, in one case a Korean Scout group camped on an island and being urbanites they just fled and left everything. They were five days by canoe away from the nearest food supply, so groups they met on their way back shared some of their supplies so they could make it back. Some Guides went and got their stuff for them and split up to take it all back. Guides usually had assistants called 'swampers'. If they had all just made a lot of noise and in numbers the bears would have left for easier pickings.

Yeah, and "hundred years floods" now happen, oh, about every five or six years.

A question regarding the 100 year anything is whether or not they ARE 100 year events or just called that by the sensationalist "reporters".

Thats because winterizing them isnt part of the federal subsidizing package. Wind power isnt profitable and would not even be invested in by these companies without the governments encouragement. This entire debate would not be taking place if the gov did not involve itself by artificially manipulating the market to provide wind energy with a handicap to make it more competitive than it actually is.

But Ercot apparently didn’t winterize the natural gas resources either, as was their responsibility.

We had few problems with bears, we had good luck with scaring them off. We did run into groups who ran off and left everything when confronted with them, though, in one case a Korean Scout group camped on an island and being urbanites they just fled and left everything. They were five days by canoe away from the nearest food supply, so groups they met on their way back shared some of their supplies so they could make it back. Some Guides went and got their stuff for them and split up to take it all back. Guides usually had assistants called 'swampers'. If they had all just made a lot of noise and in numbers the bears would have left for easier pickings.

Good times. I did go on one canoe trip in the BWCA and it's pretty neat.

However, not very comfy.

On the first day, we were approaching an island and would need to pull the canoes up onto the shore. The water was clear as glass and I was amazed to be able to see with absolute clarity each stone on the lake's bottom.

We were headed to a place where the island rose sharply out of the water. I don't recall my exact thought process, but I decided to grab the bow end of the canoe, walk it across the last few feet and pull it up onto the shore.

I'm 6-2. The water was over my head. The water was also cold. VERY cold. In September, both the water and the air are pretty cool after the Sun sets in the BWCA.

"Inside" is a pretty nice environment. Much more forgiving than "outside". I still enjoy a nice walk in the wilderness before retiring to my hotel dreaming of free waffles in the morning. ;)

Back
Top Bottom