• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NPR Takes Condescending Tone to Hate On Texas

Schism

Destroyer of Propaganda
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
No, The Blackouts In Texas Weren't Caused By Renewables. Here's What Really Happened

This week, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott appeared on local TV in Dallas and blamed the state's power crisis on the devastating storm that disrupted power generation and froze natural gas pipelines.

He didn't single out one power source to blame. Then he went on Fox News and gave a different story.

"Wind and solar got shut down," he said. "They were collectively more than 10% of our power grid, and that thrust Texas into a situation where it was lacking power on a statewide basis."

He wasn't alone. Former Energy Secretary Rick Perry also pointed to frozen windmills and warned that this crisis showed the perils of promoting renewable energy.

Important Info: NPR'S Corporate Sponsors reads like a list of Who's Who in the liberal activists community.

It's organized propaganda.

you know....even if this was caused by the windmills freezing (which it was not) that is still not the fault of renewable energy. It is the fault of the greedy power companies that made the business decision not to winterize them.

And the state government who privatized and deregulated a public utility..

• Overall, we rate NPR (National Public Radio) Left-Center Biased based on story selection that leans slightly left and Very High for factual reporting due to thorough sourcing and very accurate news reporting.
A factual search reveals that NPR has not failed a fact check.

When a news outlet like NPR publishes something that members of the Right don't like, the immediate jump on the "fakes news" or "organized propaganda" mantra because OH MY GOD - THEY PRINTED SOMETHING TRUTHFUL! - HOW DREADFUL!
download.jpg

Great example of what fox does to their viewers.

Reality........

Fox news.........

Only the dumbest mfers on the planet would consume that trash.

Thanks for sharing.

mediabiasfactcheck is my go to source for evaluating the honesty and integrity of a "news" source.
we can all guess what Fox's rating would be ;)

in other words, NPR flushes bullshit propaganda effectively. my main criticism of them is that they interview right wing propagandists occasionally and let them spew their bullshit. i don't like having to turn the radio off after giving it the middle finger while i'm driving. it's best to have both hands available for driving, to paraphrase Jim Morrison.

No, The Blackouts In Texas Weren't Caused By Renewables. Here's What Really Happened

Important Info: NPR'S Corporate Sponsors reads like a list of Who's Who in the liberal activists community.

It's organized propaganda.

From what I understand about ALL Power Grids, there is a system by which all parts of the grid contribute to help overcome shortfalls in particular areas.

When a locality fails, then other localities contribute and must "work" harder to make up the deficiency and still cover their own needs. Texas, for reasons only they understand, is a stand alone and not connected to other states' grids.

In this case, the 10% share of power generated by the Green Alternatives was stopped and the other generation sources of the Texas Grid were overworked causing a cascade that took down the system.

The cold seems to have been a once in a generation kind of an event.

The blaming by AOC and the defenses offered by Abbot seem to be politics.

I find it to be just a bit confusing that excessive cold is blamed on Global Warming, but that's just me.

This seems to be a cautionary tale as well as a deadly warning. Texas will very likely need to build more power generation facilities that are less subject to failure.

Last edited:
From what I understand about ALL Power Grids, there is a system by which all parts of the grid contribute to help overcome shortfalls in particular areas.

When a locality fails, then other localities contribute and must "work" harder to make up the deficiency and still cover their own needs. Texas, for reasons only they understand, is a stand alone and not connected to other states' grids.

In this case, the 10% share of power generated by the Green Alternatives was stopped and the other generation sources of the Texas Grid were overworked causing a cascade that took down the system.

The blaming by AOC and the defenses offered by Abbot seem to be politics.

I find it to be just a bit confusing that excessive cold is blamed on Global Warming, but that's just me.

The reason Texas has it's own grid is very well understood... We did it to avoid oversight by federal oversight by FERC and allow our utilities to be privatized and deregulated... There is no big mystery here...

I read it. I've read several articles that all say the same thing. Where's the condescending part?

The headline is a condescending rebuke of Gov. Abbott's statement which read in part, "Wind and solar got shut down," he said. "They were collectively more than 10% of our power grid, and that thrust Texas into a situation where it was lacking power on a statewide basis."

NPR attempts to play energy expert and Green New Deal cheerleader, along with CNN, MSNBC, and other liberal "news" outlets to drown out any and all conservative viewpoints under a chorus of "fact checking" and alternative messaging.

If a conservative reported that it's raining in Texas, NPR would opine that it's the actually the tears of marginalized college students buried under loan debt they were tricked into signing.

They only stopped because the power company was too cheap to prepare them for cold weather.

You might not have noticed, but once in a generation kind of events are becoming far more frequent for some totally unknown reason

The reason Texas has it's own grid is very well understood... We did it to avoid oversight by federal oversight by FERC and allow our utilities to be privatized and deregulated... There is no big mystery here...

You're about to witness years of litigation, possibly decades, under an avalanche of democratic lawyers attempting to wrest control of the states energy on behalf of the elite class. It will all be wrapped up and presented under the guise of Climate Crisis!

You're about to witness years of litigation, possibly decades, under an avalanche of democratic lawyers attempting to wrest control of the states energy on behalf of the elite class. It will all be wrapped up and presented under the guise of Climate Crisis!

More likely is Texas voters throwing the GOP’s sorry butts out of office..

in other words, NPR flushes bullshit propaganda effectively. my main criticism of them is that they interview right wing propagandists occasionally and let them spew their bullshit. i don't like having to turn the radio off after giving it the middle finger while i'm driving. it's best to have both hands available for driving, to paraphrase Jim Morrison.
NPR practices fairness, it is a refreshing listen on the radio.

Using false narratives like elite class and globalists and then equating them to DEMs is another dishonest GOP boogieman. GOP globalists are the robber barons.

Since the last winter blast was only a decade ago during dimwit Perry’s admin and was not addressed, we’ll see if these weather extremes on both ends continue. The repercussions from this blast will be felt for years.

Repubs are in no danger of losing elections in Texas except at the statewide level due to their next redistricting. They’re also aided by potential DEMs not voting at GOP % levels.

• Overall, we rate NPR (National Public Radio) Left-Center Biased based on story selection that leans slightly left and Very High for factual reporting due to thorough sourcing and very accurate news reporting.
A factual search reveals that NPR has not failed a fact check.

When a news outlet like NPR publishes something that members of the Right don't like, the immediate jump on the "fakes news" or "organized propaganda" mantra because OH MY GOD - THEY PRINTED SOMETHING TRUTHFUL! - HOW DREADFUL!
View attachment 67318954

NPR/PBS are two of the very most trusted a d credible news sources in the world.

They tell the truth and tbe right wing hates that!!!

GOP globalists are the robber barons.

Bull shit! Biden is rejoining America to the elite European class as we speak. Soros, Gates, Bezos, Buffet, Bloomberg, and K Street super pacs outspend conservative donors by far. Further, liberals have captured the media and academia as well to fill out their chorus of screeching.

Bull shit! Biden is rejoining America to the elite European class as we speak. Soros, Gates, Bezos, Buffet, Bloomberg, and K Street super pacs outspend conservative donors by far. Further, liberals have captured the media and academia as well to fill out their chorus of screeching.
Soros, Gates, Bezos, Buffet, Bloomberg......
f64598faf9a7037a289b4a0babee9635f4bc1915.jpg

Back
Top Bottom