• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NPR and the Conservative Hypocrisy

The Issue

Let's be honest, NPR has been in the conservative spotlight for some reason for years. Currently, NPR is able to support itself mostly due to private donations, but around 8% of the company is run by government subsidy. I can't explain why this angers conservatives so much, as NPR never pits two radical pundits against each other to yell and scream. However, this might explain things a bit:

Poll: Fox most trusted name in news - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

Fox News, an organization that anyone knowledgeable admits is more of an entertainment source than a news source wins the popular vote in the most trusted station. Really? So while these people listen to Glenn Beck, Bill O'Relly, Sean Hannity, and Rush Limbaugh on a daily basis, as a liberal I am supposed to cry for them when a fellow liberal (not a news pundit but a fellow liberal) says things he doesn't like about them?

Really, conservatives? Really?

FreakOutNation » Rush Limbaugh: Liberals Should Have Their Speech Controlled & Not Be Allowed To Buy Guns

So you want me to cry for you? To feel bad for you because some guy does not like the Tea Party, and yet you listen to a guy named Rush Limbaugh who says things like this? Why? Why should anyone feel pity for you?

Glenn Beck says: If you are a liberal, you probably worship the Devil : One White Duck | Progressive musings from a modern day liberal.

That's right, maybe us liberals are satanists and that's why we are so open minded.

--------------

I am starting to believe that right-wingers are actual sociopaths. To believe that a man cannot have his own political views it appalling. And then, to attack his views as "crazy" when their most popular pundits say worse things daily is almost humorous.

Nice try guys. You might fool yourselves, but the rest of us can see how hard you are reaching. Please, you can keep Limbaugh and Beck, I don't care. You might get dumber every day by watching them, but keep them. But please, leave me alone and quit attacking things that make my life better.

Thanks. :)

I'm sorry you don't understand. Just consider if you woke up tomorrow morning to discover that Fox News was getting 8% of their budget from the taxpayers.

I'm sorry you don't understand. Just consider if you woke up tomorrow morning to discover that Fox News was getting 8% of their budget from the taxpayers.

Their degree of bias is absolutely incomparable by any means and you have no means to prove otherwise than your opinion or conservative perception. It is perceived as liberal because it is intellectual and as far as left right balance goes, very unbiased compared to other networks in it's news. The only explanation is that it is perceived as an ideological threat.

Still waiting for that Anderson Cooper expose about preachers who are all about money who get on TV preaching Obama is a commie and here comes the rapture.
Or is CNN run by the Christian Right? They did have that slob Wlliam Bennet on there for a while.

"There are other possible, and possibly overlapping, explanations for near-uniform 9/11 blindness on the part of the Left leaders and alternative media. These lead back, in part, to the CIA. Left media increasingly have been seeking and receiving funding from the likes of the Rockefeller Foundation, Ford Foundation, Carnegie Endowment, and MacArthur Foundation. Bob Feldman of San Francisco has been a tireless researcher of Left-foundation connections. His articles paint a picture rarely mentioned because both Left and Right have an interest in perpetuating the paradigm and keeping quiet about it."

The Left Gatekeepers (May 4, 2008)

A documented case of philanthropic collaboration

The Ford Foundation and the CIA: A documented case of philanthropic collaboration with the Secret Police, 12/15/01

http://questionsquestions.net/feldman/northwestern_cia.html

Looking at all the things going on in the world...Libya...Japan...I think al Qaeda still exists...unemployment.

Thank God we had that emergency session and dealt with this NPR problem right away!

The fact that you would even put Fox News on the level of NPR shows me that you have no frame of reference.

NPR is to Fox News as Universities are to Grade School.

One is much more childish and uneducated than the other.

WhySoSerious: "Currently, NPR is able to support itself mostly due to private donations...."

Actually, if NPR were able to support itself we wouldn't have this thread, would we? Or, if NPR were supported by their sponsors, the Democrat National Committee, we wouldn't have this thread, would we? No, we have this thread because NPR is tax supported and does not provide a service to the country, and the taxpayers, as a whole.

WhySoSerious: "Currently, NPR is able to support itself mostly due to private donations...."

Actually, if NPR were able to support itself we wouldn't have this thread, would we? Or, if NPR were supported by their sponsors, the Democrat National Committee, we wouldn't have this thread, would we? No, we have this thread because NPR is tax supported and does not provide a service to the country, and the taxpayers, as a whole.

Right, you go listen to Rush Limbaugh and Fox News and believe whatever nonsense you want. If you can't understand the word mostly then what the hell is the point of talking to you? Is 94% not mostly? How can I possibly argue with someone who can't understand that:

http://www.npr.org/about/aboutnpr/publicradiofinances.html

Now, 30 years ago you'd have been right. But 30 years ago you might have listened to a news station that gave facts instead of mindless dribble and biased opinion. Good luck with that.

*Edit:

And please, while you are out there fact gathering (hopefully you are at least attempting to look some of this stuff up), why don't you examine a local NPR station's programming and tell me what part of it is not a public service?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom