• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Now we know the real reason many southerners aren't worried about Covid.

We all fall short in one way or another. The death of this pastor is tragic and wasteful. Surely, you agree that being deluded/ignorant is tragic when it costs someone his life (and when he may have exposed others too)--unless you yourself have never been mistaken or been foolish or wrong.
No; in the face of all the facts, all we know about a lethal pandemic-which I assume the bishop was also aware of as he refused to take well-established mitigating precautions-what I would agree with is that he knew exactly what he was doing. Sure I have made mistakes, but never have I been stupid enough to believe a deity is going to save my life and that of those whom I have infected. What this individual did was objectively stupid, not tragic. Someone dies accidentally-that's tragic; someone deliberately puts themselves in harms way and consequently dies as a result of his actions-that's stupidity.

Sick and in the ICU with Covid. Still posting anti-vaxx nonsense.
Still claiming the only reason you live is God's will.

Religion appears to be interfering with rational behavior.

Not really. I'm a staunch defender of people having their own opinions and not being attacked for them, regardless if it's liberalism, conservatism. Progressives are off the wall, so I don't go that far.

And what are those links for?
Has never been the case; will never be the case.

You don't think it's about people of faith? No one said 'attacking', she said mocking.
I am a person of faith and I am not anti vaccine. In my first post, I tried to lay out some reasoning involving why these people are different from me. One reason I can of bringing religion into anti vaccine beliefs would be the promise of afterlife could be appealing to a person if they weren’t happy in their current life but believed a wonderful life after death was guaranteed. Mixing faith in with the behavior I have personally seen when it comes to denying the danger of this disease is not something I comprehend on a personal level and not all people of faith are doing it.

Not really. I'm a staunch defender of people having their own opinions and not being attacked for them, regardless if it's liberalism, conservatism. Progressives are off the wall, so I don't go that far.

Progressives are off the wall, but Nazis are ok. Is that it?

Progressives are off the wall, but Nazis are ok. Is that it?
Is that what I said? That might be what you think you read, but it's right there in print and that's not what I said.

I am a person of faith and I am not anti vaccine. In my first post, I tried to lay out some reasoning involving why these people are different from me. One reason I can of bringing religion into anti vaccine beliefs would be the promise of afterlife could be appealing to a person if they weren’t happy in their current life but believed a wonderful life after death was guaranteed. Mixing faith in with the behavior I have personally seen when it comes to denying the danger of this disease is not something I comprehend on a personal level and not all people of faith are doing it.
You said: " If you want to twist it into attacking you and people of faith in Mississippi, excuse me while I take a moment to laugh."

Read the OP, and the title and tell me it's not about people of faith in Mississippi.

“I’m often asked by some of my friends on the other side of the aisle about Covid… and why does it seem like folks in Mississippi and maybe in the Mid-South are a little less scared, shall we say,” Reeves said. “When you believe in eternal life — when you believe that living on this earth is but a blip on the screen, then you don’t have to be so scared of things.”
Then they need to stay out our hospitals then. Let God sort them out.

Of course people can have their opinions. No one is debating that. People also have the option to tell them that they are wrong. People are dying becasue they dont want to get the vax and we are simply pointing out their idiocy when they are dead.

If you have to ask what those links are for, it's no use debating you with why is it OK for perfectly ok for people to slam one another for their politics BUT not their religion.

“I’m often asked by some of my friends on the other side of the aisle about Covid… and why does it seem like folks in Mississippi and maybe in the Mid-South are a little less scared, shall we say,” Reeves said. “When you believe in eternal life — when you believe that living on this earth is but a blip on the screen, then you don’t have to be so scared of things.”

Pretty sure God gave us free will and opposable thumbs for a reason.

So the purpose of this thread is to mock Mississippians and people of faith.

People who sit back and say God will do all the work for them, yes.

Perhaps the real reason they aren't 'afraid' is that they aren't all a bunch of mindless leftist ******s. Perhaps they believe in the science and statistical facts regarding COVID...that 99.6% of the people that have contracted it survive it and that of the .4% that died from it, 94% of THOSE individuals were senior citizens, mostly in their 80s, and that of ALL the people that died from it they all had 4 co-morbid and already life threatening ailments. Or perhaps its because they aren't like the bunch of mindless leftist little sheep that dug holes and jumped in them on command, only going outside when their masters told them it was OK. perhaps they are smart enough to recognize the hypocrisy in the politicians bleating on about the importance of masks and social distancing while those same politicians laughed at them and said **** you to the pathetic leftist sheep and the rest of the world and only bothered with masks when the cameras were on.

I don't know....maybe there are a lot of reasons.

COVID-19 was among the top 10 leading causes of death for those ages 15 and over through June 2021​

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org...ing-cause-of-death-in-the-u-s-in-august-2021/

Yes we are all "******s" because we don't want to die a needless and agonizing death from a preventable disease. You are in a death cult.

Of course people can have their opinions. No one is debating that. People also have the option to tell them that they are wrong. People are dying becasue they dont want to get the vax and we are simply pointing out their idiocy when they are dead.

If you have to ask what those links are for, it's no use debating you with why is it OK for perfectly ok for people to slam one another for their politics BUT not their religion.
No, it's no use debating that, because I don't thinks it's perfectly ok for people to slam one another for their politics either. Why would you assume I think that?

No, it's no use debating that, because I don't thinks it's perfectly ok for people to slam one another for their politics either. Why would you assume I think that?
Then political forums may not be for you.

If you cant see how divided we are as a nation, then I cant help you. There's so much vitriol. Everywhere!

Is that what I said? That might be what you think you read, but it's right there in print and that's not what I said.
Well, you singled out "progressives" for scorn, so I figured Nazis must be A-OK with ya.

When we tell our loved ones "be safe out there", does that mean they shouldn't pay attention to things that are happening around them and that this bubble of protection will shield them from all danger? No, of course not. It means they should be alert to the hazards around them and take necessary precautions or act prudently or swiftly to take themselves out of harm's way. Where this relates to covid-19, in the beginning (yeah...sounds Biblical, don't it? ;)) we were given simple sanitation instructions along with preventive measures to help protect us from contracting the virus. Then through the miracle of modern science, three different vaccines were made available and have proven effective against the harmful effects of covid-19.

Now, does these mean people should be so cavalier with their lives just because they believe in divine intervention and the after life? In my opinion, no. But if that's how they want to go out believing "if it gets me, it gets me" then fine. But I don't think that's of God. I think that's your free will making you stupid af!

God gave man the gift of knowledge and wisdom. Through both, He has allowed mankind to study in various fields of medicine and the sciences. It is through both that we now have three separate vaccines man can take to help his body fight the ravages of covid-19 and to provide the healthcare needed should you contract the virus and become so ill you require hospitalization.

So, to those who are exercising your free will not to get vaccinated, go on and exercise that free will at home and walk into the after life on your own, and stop taking up hospital beds for those who could use the medical help.

Strange how in one breath they can say something like that, but in the very next they will resume cursing those terrible atheist Chinese for sending us this plague.
Not Starnge at all !
Having Peace in your life is one thing !
Having Someone try to Kill the Masses is always something good people will curse...
And it's not just the Chinees ! Fauci et al. were involved in creating this Gain of Function Virus that is desinged
to be Deadly!

Not Starnge at all !
Having Someone try to Kill the Masses is always something good people will curse...
And it's not just the Chinees ! Fauci et al. were involved in creating this Gain of Function Virus that is desinged
to be Deadly!
Screenshot 2021-08-17 081613.png

Not Starnge at all !
to be Deadly!
You OK?

You said: " If you want to twist it into attacking you and people of faith in Mississippi, excuse me while I take a moment to laugh."

Read the OP, and the title and tell me it's not about people of faith in Mississippi.
I don’t see where it says Christians anywhere. The title says southerners. The OP talks about people who believe in an afterlife. I promise you, I actually read all of it and didn’t consider it an attack on all people of faith. People of faith is a very broad category, and anti vaccine and anti mask people are a very narrow, mostly Christian segment. I am not sure how addressing them is bring in all people of faith.

Back
Top Bottom