• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Now Trump is at war with the generals

Interesting how the left has spent years ****ting themselves over GENERAL Kelly...and GENERAL Flynn...and thats not disrespectful to 'the generals' but when Trump has a batle with GENERAL McChrystal, Generals are sacred and Trump has no respect for the military.

Now dont get me wrong. I think Trump is STILL a douchebag, and he definitely should have heeded Mattis's counsel. But before anyone puts McChrystal on any pedestals, you should look at his service POST military...especially the political component. And finally...if we are talking protocol, is it appropriate for a general to trash a sitting Commander in Chief?

I recall how the Libbos trashed the **** out of McChrystal when he dis'ed Obama. Now, he's their hero.

I'm not distinguishing McC from any of the others. Trumps' disregarded all of them, to our detriment.

However, it was not McC that made any comments about Obama, it was his men...and he took full responsibility.

McChrystal was fired for criticizing Obama.

1. McChrystal is no longer a general.
Wrong. He is a retired General. His DD214 and military retiree ID card say General/O-10, not Mr.
2. Generals answer to the president. Not the other way around.
Wrong again. Retired military of any rank do not answer to the president. As military retirees, the president works for and answers to them, not the other way around.

I read three of them. They all say the same thing. I'm just not sure how that happens. The law is the law. And if it DID happen, doesnt that STINK of corruption?

Corruption when clearly published with a generous spin on it in the mainstream media?

Sorry, you'll have to verify your comments as to the law.

Actually I was referring to his criticism of Trump, not the profiles that got him fired.

Well, he's on the same page as just about anyone else with a brain right now. Including other generals, so...as a civilian now, he's perfectly allowed to express his concerns over national security and the incompetence of POTUS.

McChrystal was fired for criticizing Obama.

Yee ha! Still wrong. Members of his team were criticizing Obama and he took responsibility.

Feel free to post sources of the quotes of him criticizing Obama while still active military.

Rueters is full of ****.

:lamo :lamo

Funny, 2 other outlets published the same thing.

I read three of them. They all say the same thing. I'm just not sure how that happens. The law is the law. And if it DID happen, doesnt that STINK of corruption?

You sure you dont need a new shovel yet? Backhoe maybe? :mrgreen:

GeneralTrump-4bead9d838a541b3493cf00fd51b8df7-1.jpg

Commander ChickenSpurs, who once spouted: "I know more about ISIS than the generals do. Believe me." is now at war with the generals.

And with government workers. And with Robert Mueller. And with the Fed Chairman. And with the Media. And with .....

Trump is at war with generals?

How many casualties has there been?

Trump is at war with generals?

How many casualties has there been?

Well the right has been saying there is a war on Christmas and God for years, how many casualties had there been?

Well the right has been saying there is a war on Christmas and God for years, how many casualties had there been?

What does that have to do with my question?

What does that have to do with my question?

Seems you are concerned with casualties for war as an importance. Why else would you ask?

:lamo :lamo

Funny, 2 other outlets published the same thing.

You sure you dont need a new shovel yet? Backhoe maybe? :mrgreen:
A shovel for what?

Maybe you learn how to use a computer?

Why thank you. And nowhere does Obama claim he's angry about McC's remarks about him. McC did not critisize Obama...if he did you have yet to provide that proof.

McC was speaking about others and about the article...which he gave permission for, and thus, took responsibility.

President Barack Obama was "angry" after seeing the upcoming controversial magazine article about Gen. Stanley McChrystal, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said Tuesday.

Gen. Stanley McChrystal: Latest developments ? This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Is there something bigger than a backhoe? :lamo

He's been wrong all along and keeps digging himself in deeper.

I thought you addressed the shovel comment to me.

Obviously, I haven't been. :lamo

You've been wrong all along, sooooooo, yeah you have been...just building upon fail after fail.

GeneralTrump-4bead9d838a541b3493cf00fd51b8df7-1.jpg

Commander ChickenSpurs, who once spouted: "I know more about ISIS than the generals do. Believe me." is now at war with the generals.

And with government workers. And with Robert Mueller. And with the Fed Chairman. And with the Media. And with .....

I don't think there are as many generals as leftist liberals might think who are so proud as to think Trump is a dunce compared to them. Mike Pompeo graduated at the top of his class at West Point and he is not saying stupid stuff about Trump. Go figger.

Heh, good imagination but of course since the generals DO know much much more about our national security, of course I'd hope they'd do the moral and patriotic thing and ignore a delusional narcissists' orders if they were not in the best interests of our nation.

Generals not following such orders is insubordinations, and working against the potus and the chain of command is treason.

It is literally in the oath to obey the commands of the president and the officers above you and to uphold the constitution. This pretty much says that by oath they are obligated to obey the commander in chief unless what he does violates the constitution and the rights granted by it, and so far no president to date has crossed a threshold to justify a military coup on constitutional grounds, not even trump.

Saying he is bad for our interests is not in any oath or military doctrine, it is not in the constitution, rather that is people without authority demanding the potus do what they want, and getting butthurt over the potus not doing what they tell him, generals do not set foreign policy, generals are not president, they are not in any authority to control such, and what they say has no meaning when they are under orders from the potus. What you have been advocating is basically a coup rather than a moral objection.

Generals not following such orders is insubordinations, and working against the potus and the chain of command is treason.

Your sentiments are not new to me, Herr beeftw.

"they were only following orders!"

Your sentiments are not new to me, Herr beeftw.

"they were only following orders!"

So you ran to godwinning a thread to justify a coup, wow the lows people sink to and the levels of lawlessness people support simply because the person they wanted did not win an election.

Back
Top Bottom