• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Now that was a presidential sounding speech

Excellent speech, I like his grasp on reality, there. Very flowing, obviously his thoughts - no questions on that - no fluff from some behind the scenes person feeding tidbits to him.

From a parent-point-of-view, however, I disagree a bit in the end. Yes, people should take pride in their state and leave it better off, try to continually improve it so future generations can benefit and feel the responsibility and desire to do the same - I agree with that. But from a strict parenting point-of-view it's important to also give your children a sense of "what's out there" - and if they want to move elsewhere and you have to communicate via internet that's not a *bad* thing. It's not reflective of everything that went "wrong" - it doesn't mean you've ****ed up. What it really means is that you've, also, raised them right. You've raised them to be individuals, not tethered to the "parental-cord" or the "family unit." You've raised them to want to know more and learn more and sometimes, in order for you to do that, you have to leave.

Back
Top Bottom