• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Now Kasich has suspended...

Frank Apisa

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
...his campaign.

Trump is alone.

What is going on?

This seems weird to me.

What is going on is Republicans have straight up given up, and they are electing an anti-establishment lunatic and wildcard with the blind hope he can both beat Hillary and if he does also does not drive the nation off of the cliff as President.

Kasich suspending means that he won't spend more money.

But what the people need to get from the very existence of both Trump and Sanders is that things aren't as rosy in America as Obama's Bureau of Labor Statistics media controlled presentation keeps erroneously telling us.

A lot of people are hurting financially, big time, and they are tired of it. Each set of these people, on the left and on the right ideologically, have their new champion: Sanders and Trump respectively.

They on the right don't care about whether the candidate is considerably religious (Cruz) -- religion's too high on Maslow's Hierarchy of Need, as basic level survival is their foundational concern.

Sanders' traction stems from similar need for economic survival that they just don't think Clinton will provide.

Scores of millions of Americans are suffering economically, some severely, and Cruz didn't have an answer for them like Trump does, and as Sanders does on the left.

Sure, Hillary is going to win the national .. unless, as the polls indicate, the Repubs somehow go with Kasich and a smartly chosen running mate to win swing states.

But what we must learn from all this is that there are still lies, damn lies, and media-politically controlled statistics.

The truth is in the success of the Trump and Sanders campaigns: scores of millions of Americans are economically suffering, thanks to no real recovery from the Great Recession and its more long-term causal elements.

No matter who wins, this here remains the only chance of the mainstream centrist great majority based people hurting out there to get relief no matter who wins or drops out: Powerful American Political Alliance.

Tick tock, Americans.

Big donors in the GOP have ceased their never-Trump activities and are behind Trump to defeat Hillary in the general. Cruz used to be a beneficiary. Kasich used to be a beneficiary.

Side note: Dr. Ben, it's pronounced Ka/sick not Ka/****z. This is funny. DP has a politically correct 'spell check' to prevent the second syllable from being phonetically shown.

Last edited:
Kasich dropped out, but really he was thrown out. The RNC decided they weren't ever going to have a viable alternative, bit the bullet, and now they'll be all in for Trump. When the chairman of the party says you're the presumptive nominee, anyone else left in the field is done.

It also puts the repubs and Trump in a great position. Hillary still hasn't gotten the nomination. She has to fight on two radically different fronts. So different in fact that if she positions to fight one, she exposes weakness for the other to exploit.

This just became Trump's race to lose.

...his campaign.

Trump is alone.

What is going on?

This seems weird to me.

The Party is try to salvage what they can and reduce the negativity coming from their own side towards trump, not going to work, Conservatives know donald is not one of them and hence will not support him, wait to see how many Party leaders do not attend the convention.
The Donald gets the GOP nomination and the DNC thanks the GOP for a job well done, the GOP nominates a Democrat as their guy, the world is truly Up Side Down.

Kasich dropped out, but really he was thrown out. The RNC decided they weren't ever going to have a viable alternative, bit the bullet, and now they'll be all in for Trump. When the chairman of the party says you're the presumptive nominee, anyone else left in the field is done.

It also puts the repubs and Trump in a great position. Hillary still hasn't gotten the nomination. She has to fight on two radically different fronts. So different in fact that if she positions to fight one, she exposes weakness for the other to exploit.

Hillary already won, you might want to look at who has all the Super Delegates.

Trump is already road kill and the GOP that selected a Dem as their candidate is too stupid to see the truth right in front of their own nose. Way to throw an election, the GOP found a new one.

I think they just realized that they need to start focusing on Clinton instead of each other to have ANY shot in November.

It was easy for democrats to not worry too much about the attacks from Sanders on Clinton when the republican side was in such disarray. Now that it's the democratic side that seems to be going for a contested convention (if Bernie can be believed), it's going to make them look worse.

I'm expecting Bernie to suspend his campaign within a week.

...his campaign.

Trump is alone.

What is going on?

This seems weird to me.

And Bernie is asking his supporters for more money even though he is 300 delegates behind Hillary! Yep, it is truly weird...

Kasich suspending means that he won't spend more money.

But what the people need to get from the very existence of both Trump and Sanders is that things aren't as rosy in America as Obama's Bureau of Labor Statistics media controlled presentation keeps erroneously telling us.

A lot of people are hurting financially, big time, and they are tired of it. Each set of these people, on the left and on the right ideologically, have their new champion: Sanders and Trump respectively.

They on the right don't care about whether the candidate is considerably religious (Cruz) -- religion's too high on Maslow's Hierarchy of Need, as basic level survival is their foundational concern.

Sanders' traction stems from similar need for economic survival that they just don't think Clinton will provide.

Scores of millions of Americans are suffering economically, some severely, and Cruz didn't have an answer for them like Trump does, and as Sanders does on the left.

Sure, Hillary is going to win the national .. unless, as the polls indicate, the Repubs somehow go with Kasich and a smartly chosen running mate to win swing states.

But what we must learn from all this is that there are still lies, damn lies, and media-politically controlled statistics.

The truth is in the success of the Trump and Sanders campaigns: scores of millions of Americans are economically suffering, thanks to no real recovery from the Great Recession and its more long-term causal elements.

No matter who wins, this here remains the only chance of the mainstream centrist great majority based people hurting out there to get relief no matter who wins or drops out: Powerful American Political Alliance.

Tick tock, Americans.

In general, I think that's pretty solid analysis though my take is that economics are playing less of a role than is a general dissatisfaction with establishment politics. People are just plain tired of being told how they feel, what they want and what they need. They want a non-politician.

I can't help to notice that on a regular basis the republican party proves that they have no balls. They kept threatening a convention and Kasich said repeatedly that it wasn't over until it was over, but as they always do when push comes to shove they run like the little bitches that they are.

We have one party that is willing to risk it and another party that is scared ****less. I think part of the rebellion that the republican party is experiencing is a consequence of people being upset with them for being cowards.

Last edited:

I don't see it that way. I think Clinton can ignore Sanders and make enough points off Trump to lock up the nomination.
The general election campaign just got started.

Last edited:
Good comments from everyone so far.

Wackiest election run-up I've ever experienced...and...

...I have the feeling the fun is just beginning.

I suspect we will see crap unfold that will make the Republican primary show seem like Sunday School play.

Gonna be interesting.

...his campaign.

Trump is alone.

What is going on?

This seems weird to me.

It's either a very long play for a contested convention, where Trump's delegates don't vote for him, or else the Republican party has finally been broken by The Donald. I'm not sure where my money is, but appearances seem to point to the latter.

Back
Top Bottom