• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Now it’s up to voters to decide if Clinton’s email use matters [W:26]

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The mixed FBI judgment on Hillary Clinton’s email practices – that she’d shown extreme carelessness in her handling of classified information but not enough to merit criminal charges – left Democratic Party loyalists in a familiar place: relieved, exasperated and yet hopeful, with fingers crossed, that once again the Clintons had won.

It was another chapter in what’s now a 25-year-old saga that has seen Hillary and Bill Clinton survive controversies that usually end political careers. Think Bill Clinton’s denials of an extramarital affair early in his 1992 campaign for the presidency or his 1998 impeachment after the separate Monica Lewinsky dalliance exposed him to obstruction-of-justice claims.

FBI recommendation on the Clinton emails is a boost for Hillary Clinton among Democrats, but also a boost for her opponents Donald Trump, Gary Johnson, Jill Stein | McClatchy DC

Re: Now it’s up to voters to decide if Clinton’s email use matters

If Trump's campaign staff is smart, they'll be poring over that report and every statement that Clinton made about this issue and using it to show that she is not only incompetent in her administrative skills, but dishonest as well. Rep. Congresscritters running for office should be demanding that their Dem. opponents take a stand on how Clinton handled this and they support her, then hammering them with the disparity between Clinton said and what the report shows and asking how they can support someone this dishonest and/or incompetent.

The FBI director showed her to be a serial liar. [like her serial rapist husband]

We'll see how many more lies it takes to get elected.

The mixed FBI judgment on Hillary Clinton’s email practices – that she’d shown extreme carelessness in her handling of classified information but not enough to merit criminal charges – left Democratic Party loyalists in a familiar place: relieved, exasperated and yet hopeful, with fingers crossed, that once again the Clintons had won.

It was another chapter in what’s now a 25-year-old saga that has seen Hillary and Bill Clinton survive controversies that usually end political careers. Think Bill Clinton’s denials of an extramarital affair early in his 1992 campaign for the presidency or his 1998 impeachment after the separate Monica Lewinsky dalliance exposed him to obstruction-of-justice claims.

FBI recommendation on the Clinton emails is a boost for Hillary Clinton among Democrats, but also a boost for her opponents Donald Trump, Gary Johnson, Jill Stein | McClatchy DC

Probably most will decide that Hillary is still the lesser of two evils.

I am more worried about the FBI being out of control.

If Trump's campaign staff is smart, they'll be poring over that report and every statement that Clinton made about this issue and using it to show that she is not only incompetent in her administrative skills, but dishonest as well. Rep. Congresscritters running for office should be demanding that their Dem. opponents take a stand on how Clinton handled this and they support her, then hammering them with the disparity between Clinton said and what the report shows and asking how they can support someone this dishonest and/or incompetent.
MSNBC (of all places) led their piece on these events yesterday with an introduction where they displayed a split screen of HRC making a public statement (ex: 'No emails were classified'), with direct rebuttal by Mr. Comie (ex: '110 emails were classified'). They did thus for maybe a half-dozen items, over a period of maybe 30-40 seconds.

It was extremely effective.

That intro ('as is') would make an excellent GOP attack ad!

You are correct, Mickey. It will be up to the voters...and I think they will elect Hillary Clinton as the next president of the United States.

Can't wait to pull that lever over her name myself.

You are correct, Mickey. It will be up to the voters...and I think they will elect Hillary Clinton as the next president of the United States.

So you're not only OK with electing someone who showed a high level of incompetence in a very high level job and who lied about it to cover up what she did but actually eager to do so??? Doesn't this cause you tostop and think really hard about who it is you're voting for and if she really deserves your vote???

Pathetic Frank....just pathetic. :(

So you're not only OK with electing someone who showed a high level of incompetence in a very high level job and who lied about it to cover up what she did but actually eager to do so??? Doesn't this cause you to stop and think really hard about who it is you're voting for and if she really deserves your vote???

Frank doesn't care....liberalism rules.

So you're not only OK with electing someone who showed a high level of incompetence in a very high level job and who lied about it to cover up what she did but actually eager to do so??? Doesn't this cause you tostop and think really hard about who it is you're voting for and if she really deserves your vote???

She will get my vote...and I will discount the ravings of the hatred-filled American conservatives...as any sane person should do.

Yup.

Pathetic Frank....just pathetic. :(

American conservatism...and its four decade campaign of hatred is what is pathetic, Mick.

Frank doesn't care....liberalism rules.

What I do not want to rule is...American conservatism.

Too bad the GOP put up Trump. It's going to take more than this to really put a hurt on her campaign. Almost any other actual Republican candidate could have really capitalized on this, but Trump is so horrible people will still vote for Hillary, even after this.

Too bad the GOP put up Trump. It's going to take more than this to really put a hurt on her campaign. Almost any other actual Republican candidate could have really capitalized on this, but Trump is so horrible people will still vote for Hillary, even after this.

Agreed, too bad that Trump won the GOP primary. But he won it fair and square. I still find this better than the DNC's coronation of Hillary in their primary.

As to damage to the Clinton campaign, that will all depend on how much traction with the electorate Hillary's malfeasance gets, and how effectively her history of malfeasance, bad judgement, bad decision making, liabilities of the Clinton Foundation donations and from whom they came, is driven home by Trump, his VP, and the GOP. All this is yet to be seen.

You think that the mud slinging is over? The serious mud slinging hasn't even started yet. This is going to be one of the most disgusting displays in US political history.

She will get my vote...and I will discount the ravings of the hatred-filled American conservatives...as any sane person should do.

Yup.

No, these are facts. She broke the law, but the FBI is recommending that she not be prosecuted. She violated federal policy and put top secret documents at risk. This is gross incompetence. It's not hate-filled ravings, it's a simple statement of facts..

Yup.

That's not all you're disregarding. And claims of sanity in political discussions generally mean the speaker has lost their grip on it.

Agreed, too bad that Trump won the GOP primary. But he won it fair and square. I still find this better than the DNC's coronation of Hillary in their primary.

As to damage to the Clinton campaign, that will all depend on how much traction with the electorate Hillary's malfeasance gets, and how effectively her history of malfeasance, bad judgement, bad decision making, liabilities of the Clinton Foundation donations and from whom they came, is driven home by Trump, his VP, and the GOP. All this is yet to be seen.

You think that the mud slinging is over? The serious mud slinging hasn't even started yet. This is going to be one of the most disgusting displays in US political history.

I don't think the mudslinging is over. I think Clinton v. Trump will be the dirtiest, most mean, most embarrassing election cycle in the Republic's history and no matter who wins, America loses.

I don't think the mudslinging is over. I think Clinton v. Trump will be the dirtiest, most mean, most embarrassing election cycle in the Republic's history and no matter who wins, America loses.

Yeah, I agree. It's back down to the voter's opinion as which is least worst. Seems that's all the choice the electorate gets anymore in presidential elections.

Untold damage to the nation and even more decisiveness in the electorate is likely going to be the result, and in the end, whomever wins the White House won't have any political capital to move things forward, to conduct the people's business, so yet more congressional gridlock seems to be on the horizon, storm clouds coming.

No, these are facts. She broke the law, but the FBI is recommending that she not be prosecuted. She violated federal policy and put top secret documents at risk. This is gross incompetence. It's not hate-filled ravings, it's a simple statement of facts..

I intend to ignore the hate-filled ravings of American conservatives...and vote for Hillary Clinton.

I will a smile on my face as I do it...mostly because I think she will make an excellent president, but also because I will delight in seeing conservative America handed a defeat of this magnitude.

That's not all you're disregarding. And claims of sanity in political discussions generally mean the speaker has lost their grip on it.

If you say so, clown.

In the meantime...please refer to my post above.

I intend to ignore the hate-filled ravings of American conservatives...and vote for Hillary Clinton.

I will a smile on my face as I do it...mostly because I think she will make an excellent president, but also because I will delight in seeing conservative America handed a defeat of this magnitude.

I'll save this post for the day when you decide that Hillary has screwed you and yours and betrayed your ideals. That day will come provided she's elected President.

And on that day you'll claim it's what you wanted and expected all along.

We saw it happen, writ large, with Bill.

Yup.
You're a good little liberal, Frank. :2wave:

I'll save this post for the day when you decide that Hillary has screwed you and yours and betrayed your ideals. That day will come provided she's elected President.

And on that day you'll claim it's what you wanted and expected all along.

We saw it happen, writ large, with Bill.

Save it.

I doubt she will disappoint me.

You're a good little liberal, Frank. :2wave:

It doesn't take a liberal to feel as I do about American conservatism, Radcen.

As you know...I am not a liberal.

Probably most will decide that Hillary is still the lesser of two evils.
Yep. It won't make one whit of difference.

Trump already has the low-information suckers. The far-left wouldn't vote for him anyway. And he has done absolutely nothing to win the support of the independent swing voter. In another year, against a more worthy opponent, this might make a difference. In 2016, with The Donald as her opponent, Hillary is the luckiest person on the planet.

Yeah, I agree. It's back down to the voter's opinion as which is least worst. Seems that's all the choice the electorate gets anymore in presidential elections.

Untold damage to the nation and even more decisiveness in the electorate is likely going to be the result, and in the end, whomever wins the White House won't have any political capital to move things forward, to conduct the people's business, so yet more congressional gridlock seems to be on the horizon, storm clouds coming.

Look on the bright-side. By 2020, H. Clinton will have become infamous as a pariah of geopolitics the world over, and of course be even more hated in the United States than she is now.
Hillary Clinton will uproot the American Elite by dragging it down with her in her failing mental health and thus be regarded as one of the worst Presidents in the History of the United States of America.
But, more importantly, she will hand the 2020 election to whomever her opponent or the anti-establishment (I hope it is Tulsi Gabbard) she is competing against.
(I really really really really really really reeeeaaaaaallllly hope it's Tulsi Gabbard who runs as an independent and goes on to win the 2020 election and become elected as the Second Woman and First Hindu President of the United States............................)

Back
Top Bottom