• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Nov 2 - just voted - you gotta here this

Schweddy

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I walked in through something like a barricade - ropes to allow long lines. Back and forth - back and forth - I was the only one walking in there. I could tell through the window there were two people at the touchscreens.

I walked in and handed my voter registration card and DL. The first lady looked at me as though she was suprised that I handed her my DL. "Yes, he is the last - he won't count" as she pointed at me while talking to the supervisor.

EH!?

"Your the last we won't count you for the 9:30" another lady said that handed the "card" to stick in the voter machine.

Another younger lady stood up directly with an intense look from the back of the room. Holy cow, what have I gotten into!?

The room stopped for about 2 seconds.

The supurvisor all of a sudden smiled and started laughing. "No, No, No - your vote will be counted!! We just need to show how many votes per hour on our paperwork." Everyone started laughing except the policeman and the lady that stood up. She sat back down.

I realized what was said at first, but just the word "count" in the air made it a weird climate. After voting, 3 ladies walked up to me and asked if I understood that my vote would be counted.

Last edited:
That was crazy! That will keep your heart beating. Don't these folks realize there are folks who may just walk out and get a gun?:rolleyes:

I just knew that one lady (rather attractive I might add) was a lawyer and ready to jump.

For a split second I imagined Rita Cosby from FOXNEWS interviewing me for prime time.

I said something to the effect, but somehow they didn't think it was funny.

:rofl

Back
Top Bottom