• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Notre Dame, Michigan State suspend in-person classes

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Notre Dame, Michigan State suspend in-person instruction

"Notre Dame's decision to switch to online learning is the second shutdown of a major university because of the virus in as many days. On Monday, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill announced a sharp pivot to online-only instruction for undergraduates after dozens of students living in dorms and a fraternity house tested positive for coronavirus.

Michigan State University also announced Tuesday that it is rolling back its plan to bring students back to campus ahead of its Sept. 2 start."

i guess that's three universities (big ones) so far.

"Notre Dame's decision to switch to online learning is the second shutdown of a major university because of the virus in as many days. On Monday, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill announced a sharp pivot to online-only instruction for undergraduates after dozens of students living in dorms and a fraternity house tested positive for coronavirus.

Michigan State University also announced Tuesday that it is rolling back its plan to bring students back to campus ahead of its Sept. 2 start."

I'm shocked, who could have ever expected this to go badly, shocked I tell ya :shock:

K - 12 schools NEXT!

I'm shocked, who could have ever expected this to go badly, shocked I tell ya :shock:

K - 12 schools NEXT!

one would think that COVID could just rush through some of these universities. they better pray that no students have pre-existing conditions (although i bet the ones that do are staying home).

K - 12 schools NEXT!

School districts are going to get sued to hell and back, if they require classroom attendance.

one would think that COVID could just rush through some of these universities. they better pray that no students have pre-existing conditions (although i bet the ones that do are staying home).

One can only hope they did. Do the students sign a waver to sue the crap out of the university? Anyone know the answer???

School districts are going to get sued to hell and back, if they require classroom attendance.

Oh I have he feeling that law firms all over the country are chomping at the bite ready to pounce. It is why the Repubs insisted on having immunity to repercussions to the stupid choices governments and businesses are making. They know they are gambling with people lives and health and yet even when faced with proof after proof that it is a mistake they push forward anyway. In the end it would just be civil suits being filed, much of this is criminal.

Well it had to be done. But it should be asked: Will they lower tuition commensurate with the lower quality of ad hoc Zoom classes and the elimination of the campus experience for the duration of this illness? Because most kids might as well be going to the University of Phoenix; Hell, at least the University of Phoenix has the online learning down pat.

K - 12 schools NEXT!

Some people tested positive for a 99.5% survivable virus?

Hardly my definition of badly

I'm just glad we're through winter and only 3 universities had to take action.

Wait, did school just start? Has it not even completely started?

Some people tested positive for a 99.5% survivable virus?

Hardly my definition of badly

174,000 Dead in 6 months, 300,000 Dead as a minimum total, and that does not include those thousands permanently damaged for life. You and I define badly far differently.

174,000 Dead in 6 months, 300,000 Dead as a minimum total, and that does not include those thousands permanently damaged for life. You and I define badly far differently.

...and 784,338 dead globally in 6 months (which has to be much higher than that since China is lying their ass off with only 4,634 dead).

...and 784,338 dead globally in 6 months (which has to be much higher than that since China is lying their ass off with only 4,634 dead).

Gonna fade away any minute now, any minute, well...……………………fade already!

K - 12 schools NEXT!
My city recently nixed k-12, and it seems so did AZ after the teachers refused to go to work & had a 'sick-in'.

Last edited:
Well it had to be done. But it should be asked: Will they lower tuition commensurate with the lower quality of ad hoc Zoom classes and the elimination of the campus experience for the duration of this illness? Because most kids might as well be going to the University of Phoenix; Hell, at least the University of Phoenix has the online learning down pat.
Fair argument. But then again, your often paying for the name & access, so I doubt it will happen.

My city recently nixed k-12, and it seems so did AZ after the teachers refused had a 'sick-in'.

Most of the big districts here in Texas are going remote learning at first and will probably stick with it throughout. I wish it were otherwise but a lack of Leadership and Maturity on the part of many Americans deems otherwise.

Exactly. I love the drooling subhumans who try to do their best to imitate Trump's downplaying of this global pandemic and completely ignore the side-effects, some of which could possibly be long term.

Anyone with a lick of sense knows that there's far more to this disease than the death toll, which is already staggering.

But it's always useful to watch people out themselves by flushing their morality down the crapper to save face about voting for one of our worst presidents in history.

"Yeah, while tens of thousands upon tens of thousands were dying, largely due to the inaction of our president, upon whom I place absolutely no responsibility, I was on Internet forums whining like a little bitch because my ego is more important than dead people."

Here is another question.

With many university football programs most likely to take the year off will some of the inflated salaries of football coaches take a hit? Probably not as their contracts will make certain they are paid millions no matter what. The coaching staff may not be so lucky.

Largely older people or those in very poor health. Not young college students. And in any event the virus is here to stay like the common cold and you have no right to be safe from a disease. Hence canceling all social activities is a bad decision

Anyone with a lick of sense knows that there's far more to this disease than the death toll, which is already staggering.

But it's always useful to watch people out themselves by flushing their morality down the crapper to save face about voting for one of our worst presidents in history.

"Yeah, while tens of thousands upon tens of thousands were dying, largely due to the inaction of our president, upon whom I place absolutely no responsibility, I was on Internet forums whining like a little bitch because my ego is more important than dead people."

No one has died because of inaction.

Some people have died because the left made an effective treatment regimen a political issue, that’s another story.

But in any event no one died because of inaction and there is no morality implicated as you have zero right to be safe from natural death

Where are the coherent replies from the Trump supporters?

Is there really nothing?

i love this post.

Back
Top Bottom