• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NOTICE THE SIMILARITIES

The agenda : 99% of the nations population could live with the following and be healthier, wiser and wealthier !

Prosperity Not Austerity (austerity pulls money from economy kind of like a fascist economy)

JUST LOOK at practical thinking:

⇨ H.R. 1 will reform campaign finance and STOPS Super PAC dark money corrupting our elections.

⇨ H.R. 1 will create a national voter registration program automatically giving ALL citizens the right to vote.

⇨ H.R. 1 will END partisan gerrymandering that gives the GOP an UNFAIR advantage.

2017PBLogo.jpg

While our economy is rebounding from the Great Recession, hardworking Americans are being left behind.

Our economic and political system has lost sight of what matters most: We the People. The Congressional Progressive Caucus’ Budget for Fiscal Year 2017 provides major reinvestments in our country through infrastructure, education, and wage growth to increase opportunity for all.

The People’s Budget is a down payment on a brighter future for all Americans, ensuring every family struggling to make ends meet has a fair shot at the American Dream.

An investment in roads, bridges, and railways is an investment in the safety and prosperity of the American people. The People’s Budget commits $1 trillion in infrastructure spending overall to transform our country’s crumbling roads, bridges, and facilities into a 21st century network, creating jobs and improving economic opportunities in the process. This includes billions for water lines nationwide and $765 million specifically for Flint, Michigan, to replace toxic pipelines and provide needed health, education, and other services for residents exposed to lead. Families should never have to worry about whether their water is safe to drink, or their roads are safe to drive on.

Access to equitable education opportunities is key to ensuring future generations are prepared for success. From pre-school through college, every student deserves the right to high-quality affordable education. The People’s Budget invests in our students by providing robust early learning opportunities, effective public schools for all students, and debt-free college.

The People’s Budget creates 3.6 million good paying jobs to push our economy back to full-employment, which will provide the necessary economic conditions to spur across-the-board wage growth for hardworking Americans.

It empowers working families, protects collective bargaining, and seeks to close the pay equity gap. It also increases funding for worker protection agencies to crack down on wage theft, combat overtime abuses, and safeguard workers’ retirement savings. Now is the time for Congress to remove the barriers that have held down wages for working Americans.

The People’s Budget makes major public investments to rebuild America by fixing our crumbling roads and bridges, improving schools, moving towards clean energy, and creating good paying jobs in the process.
Read FY2017 People's Budget
Letter for US House Members
Letter for US Senate Members
Progressive Congress People's Budget Resource Site
Understanding The People's Budget Powerpoint

People's Budget Campaign Sponsors
American Friends Service Committee
Campaign for America's Future
Coalition on Human Needs
Daily Kos
Friends of the Earth
National Alliance of HUD Tenants
National Priorities Project
NETWORK Lobby
Peace Action
People Demanding Action
Progressive Congress
Progressive Democrats of America
Social Security Works
Social Solutions
US Labor Against the War
Win Without War

The agenda : 99% of the nations population could live with the following and be healthier, wiser and wealthier !

Prosperity Not Austerity (austerity pulls money from economy kind of like a fascist economy)

JUST LOOK at practical thinking:

⇨ H.R. 1 will reform campaign finance and STOPS Super PAC dark money corrupting our elections.

⇨ H.R. 1 will create a national voter registration program automatically giving ALL citizens the right to vote.

⇨ H.R. 1 will END partisan gerrymandering that gives the GOP an UNFAIR advantage.
Speechestyrants.jpg

the similarities are striking ...... yes they are

By Declaring Victory, Donald Trump Is Attempting an Autocratic Breakthrough

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2...ocrat-making-surviving-autocracy-masha-gessen

https://theconversation.com/trump-s...hared-by-autocrats-throughout-the-ages-153276

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...utely-impose-some-form-of-autocracy-in-second

What is difference between autocratic and authoritarian?

As adjectives the difference between authoritarian and autocratic. is that authoritarian is of, or relating to, absolute obedience to an authority while autocratic is of or pertaining to autocracy or to an autocrat; absolute; holding independent and arbitrary powers of government.

Show me any instance where Biden is having an authoritarian or autocratic government!
Authoritarian is favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom.
I already gave you examples. Lockdowns and mandates.

Autocracy is a system of government by one person with absolute power.
The three Trump hating opinion pieces are meaningless. You can't have an autocracy with a government with three branches.

I never said Biden has an autocratic government. You assumed I did. Go back and look at your responses.
I said Biden was an authoritarian leader and I have proven that.

Authoritarian is favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom.
I already gave you examples. Lockdowns and mandates.

Autocracy is a system of government by one person with absolute power.
The three Trump hating opinion pieces are meaningless. You can't have an autocracy with a government with three branches.

I never said Biden has an autocratic government. You assumed I did. Go back and look at your responses.
I said Biden was an authoritarian leader and I have proven that.
Lockdowns and mandates are recommendations that each State can follow or not follow. Many states did not choose to follow them or follow them as indicated. There is little (or no) punishment (as seen in other countries like China) for not following the rules.

It is the obligation of a government to protect its citizens and those lockdowns and mandates did not come from the presidents mind. It came from recommendations from the CDC (a government department that was voted in by full congress approval to address pandemics) as to how to approach the pandemic so as to limit the infections and deaths. If you think what was done here is authoritarian, compare our enforcement here to those of China and Russia (which are authoritarian governments) and you will see that we do not compare with them AT ALL!

By the way, personal freedom should never be at the cost of another person's life. There is no personal freedom in place when it means others need to die for you.

Biden is NOT an authoritarian leader. Trump was and yet I have never seen you write one single comment about his authoritarian rule. You have NOT proven your point.

Lockdowns and mandates are recommendations that each State can follow or not follow. Many states did not choose to follow them or follow them as indicated. There is little (or no) punishment (as seen in other countries like China) for not following the rules.

It is the obligation of a government to protect its citizens and those lockdowns and mandates did not come from the presidents mind. It came from recommendations from the CDC (a government department that was voted in by full congress approval to address pandemics) as to how to approach the pandemic so as to limit the infections and deaths. If you think what was done here is authoritarian, compare our enforcement here to those of China and Russia (which are authoritarian governments) and you will see that we do not compare with them AT ALL!

By the way, personal freedom should never be at the cost of another person's life. There is no personal freedom in place when it means others need to die for you.

Biden is NOT an authoritarian leader. Trump was and yet I have never seen you write one single comment about his authoritarian rule. You have NOT proven your point.
very well said ........

Trump wanted HIS people to have power. He did his best to see to it that everyone else was put down. Example= 1-6-2021. If he didn't like you in his government, Your Fired.

What you describe with the highlighted words seems to be pretty standard in politics. if you aren't on the bus, you're under it.

Trump wanted to cut taxes and reduce regulations. Increased taxes and increased regulations means DEcreased freedoms for the people.

If you don't see this and understand this, you don't see or understand ANYTHING about government.

Biden mandated his authoritarian rule for federal workers or any company that did business with the federal government. Don't mistake the federal government versus state rights.

How can you say there was little or no punishment. People lost their jobs.
At the state level people were arrested if they did not wear a mask or was out on a paddle board in the ocean.

I don't want to drift too far, but CDC was not following the science or the data. They were following Biden's authoritarian rule. As far as kids, they were following teacher unions. Look at the data. Who is more at risk someone who is young and healthy or someone who is old with other health issues? What was the median age of covid death? 74 plus.

How was Trump an authoritarian leader? Because he gave people the freedom to choose? Tell me which policy he would be considered an authoritarian ruler? Stop with the opinion pages of CNN Trump haters. I got tried of all the idiots on this forum that equated Trump to Hitler for the last 5 years. That shit gets old.

Trump wanted HIS people to have power. He did his best to see to it that everyone else was put down. Example= 1-6-2021. If he didn't like you in his government, Your Fired.
That's reality. Biden got rid of Trump people. Trump got rid of Obama people and so forth.

Biden mandated his authoritarian rule for federal workers or any company that did business with the federal government. Don't mistake the federal government versus state rights.

At the state level people were arrested if they did not wear a mask or was out on a paddle board in the ocean.

I don't want to drift too far, but CDC was not following the science or the data. They were following Biden's authoritarian rule. As far as kids, they were following teacher unions. Look at the data. Who is more at risk someone who is young and healthy or someone who is old with other health issues? What was the median age of covid death? 74 plus.

How was Trump an authoritarian leader? Because he gave people the freedom to choose? Tell me which policy he would be considered an authoritarian ruler? Stop with the opinion pages of CNN Trump haters. I got tried of all the idiots on this forum that equated Trump to Hitler for the last 5 years. That shit gets old.
What a load of BS. You are dealing with pure bias and facts are not what you are giving. I am not interested in debating with you if you simply show blind-by-choice opinions as facts.

What a load of BS. You are dealing with pure bias and facts are not what you are giving. I am not interested in debating with you if you simply show blind-by-choice opinions as facts.
Independent LOL
Typical liberal response. Nothing to counter. Can't answer the questions. Agree or the evidence presented is BS.

Independent LOL
Typical liberal response. Nothing to counter. Can't answer the questions. Agree or the evidence presented is BS.
Yeah, sure. You are right, I cannot answer questions that are based on pure bias and in your fantasy world where the only reality that exists is the one where you are the judge and jury.

Trying to prove anything in that kind of a world is impossible. Reality, data, and facts do not exist. How can anything be answered or proven in such a world.

fantasyReality.jpg

The logical conclusion of your post is that any rule is authoritarian and bad, unless you agree with a particular rule from an ideological perspective. You shouldn't stray so far into hyperbole if you want to be taken seriously.

Back
Top Bottom