• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

nother newbie here

Luddly Neddite

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Most recently, I've come from a forum that encourages the worst possible behavior and gets it. I've read the rules here and can't tell you how good it all sounds to me. I'm also wondering if there are any other refuges here.

I do have a question ... Is this sort of thing okay to post here?

I chose this as an example because its nonpartisan or anti- or pro- anything that would make people angry, upset or be considered inflammatory. But what if its something that could or would upset people? Are these kinds of images allowed?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/46885_592276854158180_1683456409_n.jpg[\img]

Thanks very much and :peace

Edited to add ... obviously, I don't understand how to post an image.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67151379._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Last edited by a moderator:
Most recently, I've come from a forum that encourages the worst possible behavior and gets it. I've read the rules here and can't tell you how good it all sounds to me. I'm also wondering if there are any other refuges here.

I chose this as an example because its nonpartisan or anti- or pro- anything that would make people angry, upset or be considered inflammatory. But what if its something that could or would upset people? Are these kinds of images allowed?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/46885_592276854158180_1683456409_n.jpg[\img]

Edited to add ... obviously, I don't understand how to post an image.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to Debate Politics. I offer you some learned wisdom from an old timer here. Until people get to know you better, I highly doubt anyone around here will be clicking on an unknown link, especially after being invited there by some stranger saying, "Tell me. Does this offend you?"

But there might be a couple of people that would.

Again, welcome.

Welcome to Debate Politics.

If you click the 4 icons to the right of the smiley at the top of the reply/make thread box then it allows you to upload or link a picture.
Videos can only be url linked.
Hope this helps :2wave:

Also if you think that picture is offensive, you've got another thing coming.

Hiya, Luddly! :2wave:

Good to see your name pop up. I've missed you!

You'll enjoy it here. You'll annoy the same kind of people you always do...but here they aren't so rude. :2razz:

Regards from Rosie

I am also new here. Like you, a previous forum has become more about insults then civil commentary. I will go back some to the other as I have found a few who are quite well informed and will want to keep up with their comments. The new members of the other forum were about labels and insults. So far, this forum seems quite civilized. :2wave:

Welcome to both you and AuntiE - hope you both enjoy your time here and have lots of fun

Hi,
I'm new, too.

Fixed your post. :)

Welcome Luddly Neddite &AuntiE !

I am also new here. Like you, a previous forum has become more about insults then civil commentary. I will go back some to the other as I have found a few who are quite well informed and will want to keep up with their comments. The new members of the other forum were about labels and insults. So far, this forum seems quite civilized. :2wave:

Welcome AuntiE. Hope you find some interesting conversations to engage in. :mrgreen:

Thanks for fixing my link. Hopefuly, I'll figure that out.

And, WAY cool to see familiar faces. Hello to you too and I'm glad to see you.

Also very nice to make some new friends.

Thanks every one.

Welcome to DP :) Look forward to discussions with you.

welcome aboard. This place is sort of overwhelming since it is so busy, but I think it's probably a good place to call home.

Back
Top Bottom