• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Noted Racist Richard Spencer Apparently Yelled Racist Slurs After Racist Rally

roughdraft274

ThunderCougarFalconBird
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Noted Racist Richard Spencer Apparently Yelled Racist Slurs After Racist Rally - VICE
How Richard Spencer Became an Icon for White Supremacists - The Atlantic
Twitter Faces Fresh Calls to Ban Richard Spencer after Alleged Audio of Racist Tirade at Charlottesville Rally Leaks

Richard Spencer, the white nationalist who garnered national attention for wearing three-piece suits instead of a robe and hood — and for getting punched in the face — has been caught on tape apparently shouting anti-Semitic and racist slurs.
Fellow alt-right figure Milo Yiannopoulos — an ex-pal of Spencer — released the audio on YouTube, claiming it was recorded in the summer of 2017, not long after the deadly Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville that he organized. The audio is disturbing, with the man purported to be Spencer yelling the anti-Semitic slur “kike” and saying his ancestors “****ing enslaved those pieces of ****.”

Wow. So this is part of that group full of "very fine people"?

I am curious what exactly I'm supposed to think of this. I have been told that these groups that are led by Spencer aren't racist, and these groups who co-mingle with Spencer, such as the "proud boys" group are not racist or white supremacist at all. But then we have the leader on tape bragging about how his ancestors owned people and yelling racist slurs. Do people really have a hard time understanding why people assume certain things when very very few Trump supporters actually criticize these groups, and most seem very happy to have their support?

Noted Racist Richard Spencer Apparently Yelled Racist Slurs After Racist Rally - VICE
How Richard Spencer Became an Icon for White Supremacists - The Atlantic
Twitter Faces Fresh Calls to Ban Richard Spencer after Alleged Audio of Racist Tirade at Charlottesville Rally Leaks

Wow. So this is part of that group full of "very fine people"?

I am curious what exactly I'm supposed to think of this. I have been told that these groups that are led by Spencer aren't racist, and these groups who co-mingle with Spencer, such as the "proud boys" group are not racist or white supremacist at all. But then we have the leader on tape bragging about how his ancestors owned people and yelling racist slurs. Do people really have a hard time understanding why people assume certain things when very very few Trump supporters actually criticize these groups, and most seem very happy to have their support?

Who told you that?

How did Richard Spencer get to be a noted racist anyway? I didn't vote for him I think the media just call him that because they don't like him.

How did Richard Spencer get to be a noted racist anyway? I didn't vote for him I think the media just call him that because they don't like him.

Not sure. It might have started when he and his tiki torch buddies ran that girl over while she was protesting their white supremacist rally and Trump tried to defend them by saying there were some very fine people.

Do people really have a hard time understanding why people assume certain things when very very few Trump supporters actually criticize these groups, and most seem very happy to have their support?

Few left wingers criticize antifa, few right wingers criticize the proud boys.

This is how Richard Spencer got to be a noted racist. It's all right in Wikipedia, anyone could read if they wanted to know the facts. This has nothing at all to do with the media not liking Richard Spencer.

Richard Bertrand Spencer (born 1978) is an American neo-Nazi and white supremacist. He is president of the National Policy Institute (NPI), a white supremacist think tank, as well as Washington Summit Publishers. Spencer rejects the labels white supremacist and neo-Nazi, considers himself a white nationalist, a white identitarian, and the equivalent of a "Zionist" for white people. Spencer created the term "alt-right", which he considers a movement based on "white identity". Spencer advocates white-European unity, a "peaceful ethnic cleansing" of nonwhites from America, and the creation of a "white racial empire," which he believes would resemble the Roman Empire. Spencer has publicly engaged in Nazi rhetoric on many occasions, for which he has been criticized by the political mainstream, as well as by many fellow white nationalists.

In early 2016, Spencer was filmed giving the Nazi salute in a karaoke bar After Donald Trump was elected President, Spencer urged his supporters to "party like it's 1933," the year Hitler came to power in Germany. In the weeks following, Spencer quoted Nazi propaganda and denounced Jews. Later, in response to Spencer's cry "Hail Trump, hail our people, hail victory!", a number of his supporters gave the Nazi salute and chanted in a similar fashion to the Sieg Heil chant. Spencer has expressed admiration for the tactics of American Nazi Party founder George Lincoln Rockwell. Spencer was a featured speaker at the August 2017 Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, during which an alt-right supporter drove his car into a group of counter-protesters, killing one and injuring at least 19 others.

Few left wingers criticize antifa, few right wingers criticize the proud boys.

Antifa isn't a "leftist" group. They're just anarchists wannabe soy boys whose life purpose is to clash with the Nazis.

The only thing less surprising than this will be him getting invited back on CNN again anyways to peddle his racist garbage.

Few left wingers criticize antifa

Against anti-fascism: Amadeo Bordiga’s last interview

Departing from the theories articulated by Gramsci and by the centrists of the Italian Party, we disputed that Fascism could be understood as a contest between the agrarian, land-owning and rentier bourgeoisie – on one hand – and the more modern, industrial and commercial bourgeoisie on the other. Undoubtedly, the agrarian bourgeoisie can be said to be connected with right-wing Italian movements, just as Catholics and clerical-moderates, while the industrial bourgeoisie was closer to the parties of the political left which used to be known as ‘the laity’. The Fascist movement was certainly not oriented against one of these two poles, but aimed to block the offensive of the revolutionary proletariat, fighting for the conservation of all social forms of the private economy. We steadfastly maintained that the real enemy and foremost danger was not Fascism, much less Mussolini the man, but rather the anti-fascism that Fascism – with all of its crimes and infamies – would have created. This anti-fascism would breathe life into that great poisonous monster, a great bloc comprising every form of capitalist exploitation, along with all of its beneficiaries: from the great plutocrats down to the laughable ranks of the half-bourgeois, intellectuals and the laity.

Not sure. It might have started when he and his tiki torch buddies ran that girl over while she was protesting their white supremacist rally and Trump tried to defend them by saying there were some very fine people.

No, seriously. Who told you that the group he leads isn't racist?

Back
Top Bottom