• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Note to all the Biden voters real and imagined

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Just for the record I filled the tank on my car today. I paid $10 + over what it cost to fill the car on Nov 1 last year. It will you too! And this is probably just the start.

Arent you glad you voted for that fool???

Just for the record I filled the tank on my car today. I paid $10 + over what it cost to fill the car on Nov 1 last year. It will you too! And this is probably just the start.

What caused the spike in prices? As far as i can tell, it was problems in the Texas refineries due to the extreme cold spell there. Is Biden in charge of the weather? Why wasn’t Texas better prepared for the cold spell?

pr

Ah we are coming out of a pandemic. The pandemic is why the prices were lower last year. Signs that we are coming out of the pandemic are why the prices are going up again. The economy is preparing to come out of the doldrums especially with another COVID relief package on the way.Then there is whatever impact there has been on Texas oil refinery from the power fiasco So if you want....you can blame Biden for it. He is responsible but not for the reason you imply. We finally have a competent responsible response to the pandemic thanks to Joe Biden. Send him a thank you letter why don't ya'.

This sounds like BDS. This was clearly not his fault.

we are?

lol
Yup......Most people will be vaccinated by July, thanks to Biden. We finally have a logistics capability for vaccines and PPE that far surpasses Trump's weak ass shit. thanks to Biden. Yup, we are going to come out of it and businesses like oil. and fuel are preparing to come out of it. Then there is the chance that the dead weight dead ass IDIOTS that refuse to mask and distance will delay recovery more than they already have.

Maybe if Donnie had not been talking out of both sides of his mouth about masking and distancing his cult would have masked and distanced! What a concept. Want evidence that masking and distancing and vaccines work? We have at least for one year wiped out influenza. There was no flu season this year.

You are an endless font of fail.

Justin Anderson
Thu, February 25, 2021, 10:31 AM·5 min read

Here's why gas prices keep going up — and how high they're likely to rise
Gas prices are coming back from the pandemic with a vengeance.
When the coronavirus first hit last year, Americans hunkered down at home, demand for gasoline plunged, and prices dropped. Last April, the national average for all grades fell below $2 a gallon for the first time in over four years, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.
Now, prices are rising fast — up more than 25 cents a gallon nationwide in the last month to an average $2.68 for regular, auto club AAA reported on Thursday. And it's going to get worse: Fuel prices are expected to see a big spike in the next few weeks, followed by more increases all the way to summer.
Here are six reasons gas prices are going up, plus predictions of how high they're likely to go — so you can start thinking about ways to save money to help pay for your costlier fill-ups.
1. Crude oil prices are surging
As with gasoline, the price of crude oil tanked last spring as COVID-19 wrecked economies and stopped people from traveling. To prop up oil prices, the OPEC cartel and its allies slashed oil production.
But lately, crude prices have been soaring — because OPEC has been slow to boost output again. Oil this month hit $60 a barrel for the first time in over a year, and Goldman Sachs expects prices to hit $72 by summer, according to multiple media reports.
"Crude, not demand, has been the main factor driving gas price increases this year," says Jeanette Casselano McGee, a spokeswoman for AAA. The average price in most states is now higher than a year ago, according to AAA data.
Though gas prices are going up, mortgage rates remain historically low — meaning if you're a homeowner, one way to offset the rising cost of fuel is by refinancing your home loan. You could save thousands of dollars a year.
2. Harsh winter has been tough on refineries

Marouanesitti / Shutterstock
The recent brutal winter weather in Texas has seriously impacted the state’s oil production, forcing refineries to close in America’s top crude-producing state.
Eleven refineries in Texas were shut down at least partially due to the extreme winter temperatures, taking as much as 20% of the country’s total refining capacity offline, says the price-tracking website GasBuddy.
“Oil prices have continued to rally as global oil demand recovers from the worst of the COVID-19 pandemic, and now the extreme cold weather shutting refineries down, U.S. motorists just can’t seem to catch a break,” says GasBuddy analyst Patrick De Haan.
De Haan says gas prices could ease in the near term but then fly high again as summer approaches. That's a good reason to look for a better deal on car insurance, to help hold down your driving costs.
3. The pandemic also knocked out refineries
Long before the storms, the oil and gas industry was reeling from plummeting fuel sales caused by COVID. By late 2020 there were more than a dozen refinery closures that reduced U.S. production by more than 1 billion barrels per day.
"It's possible some capacity could come back online in the 2022-2023 timeframe, but by and large, we think these closure announcements will mostly prove permanent," wrote Raymond James analyst Justin Jenkins about the refinery shutdowns in a December report.
U.S. oil and gas producers lost tens of thousands of jobs last year, and laid-off workers were left scrambling to make ends meet.
Many struggling Americans have been leaning on credit cards more than usual, to get by during the pandemic. If that's you, a lower-interest debt consolidation loan can cut the amount you pay each month — and help you afford the higher pump prices.

Last edited:
Just for the record I filled the tank on my car today.

Want a trophy or something?

I paid $10 + over what it cost to fill the car on Nov 1 last year. It will you too! And this is probably just the start. Arent you glad you voted for that fool???

Yeah, that is the level of quality we've come to expect and despise from you: utterly stupid, hopelessly dishonest, and generally worth less than a flea's fart in the wind.

Although you could not remember who you were ordered to attack this time and thus had to go with "that fool", I can make a guess. And that person didn't do anything to affect gas prices, which is why you did not post a link. It's also why you never post a link: you're lying. Again.

Stop lying all the time.

Good, you should be riding that recumbent in your avatar anyway. Get an electric car. Install a huge solar PV system. The large ones cost a lot less per KWatt. You'll pay it off in 7 years, then you'll have free household electricity and car fuel for life!

Not only that, but my greek yogurt this morning wasn't quite as thick as it typically is which really upset me. Thanks Biden :rolleyes:

Of course not. Anyone who by force of his mere presence can make such extraordinary change in prices in such a short time, even if those changes have negative effects, is a superman whom I want in charge.

I think that increase is working as designed. The current administration does not want to be an independent fossil fuel country. The new "green deal" requires fossil fuels to be expensive for alternative power sources to take it's place.

It'll keep going up. I promise. Just like taxes and the cost of goods and services.
Thanks Biden!

I think that increase is working as designed. The current administration does not want to be an independent fossil fuel country. The new "green deal" requires fossil fuels to be expensive for alternative power sources to take it's place.
You need to prove that Biden had something to do with the rise in gas prices as part of the GND.

What does this personal anecdote have to do with Biden voters?

Can't trust those fossil fuel companies.

Go green.

Why November 1st? If you are going to criticize the President, shouldn't the comparison be January 20th?

You need to prove that Biden had something to do with the rise in gas prices as part of the GND.

I though him shutting down the pipelines was common knowledge as a leading indicator? That's not the only reason. Crude in Nov 2020 as about $35 a barrel, as of right now, WTI Crude 60.41, Brent Crude 63.44, Mars US 60.95, so supply and demand. There are some tertiary effects as well, OPEC's production levels (which as of today may increase in production. Texas which had its freeze recently also has a few very large oil refinery's producing gasoline which as we all should know, were closed due to power outages.

Might that have something to do with the fact that with the vaccine becoming more widely distributed, more people are able to go to work, and thus there is more demand for gas?

Only a fool holds Biden responsible for increase gas prices.

This nonsense didn't work when you guys were blaming Obama about gas prices either.

LEVERSObama2 (2019_02_27 17_41_55 UTC).png

What does that have to do with Biden?

Back
Top Bottom