• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Note to all the Biden voters real and imagined

I though him shutting down the pipelines was common knowledge as a leading indicator? That's not the only reason. Crude in Nov 2020 as about $35 a barrel, as of right now, WTI Crude 60.41, Brent Crude 63.44, Mars US 60.95, so supply and demand. There are some tertiary effects as well, OPEC's production levels (which as of today may increase in production. Texas which had its freeze recently also has a few very large oil refinery's producing gasoline which as we all should know, were closed due to power outages.

That pipeline has yet to be finished, so obviously not proceeding with the pipeline construction didn't cause a shortage when it was not yet flowing perform, or didn't you understand that.

Now, President Biden isn't just focusing on the pandemic. One of the first things he did after his inauguration yesterday was to cancel a permit to build the Keystone XL pipeline. That pipeline would have transported crude oil from Alberta to the Texas Gulf Coast. It would have entered the U.S. in Montana. From there, Yellowstone Public Radio's Kayla Desroches reports on the mixed reaction to the cancellation.

I realize that this will not even be looked at, but...

GMTA. post #7.

How do you know you can trust green companies? Don't both rely on profits within a capitalist structure?
The recent electrical grid shutdown, as well as the Macondo well disaster in the gulf, were due to capitalism seeking higher progits, so why do you implicitly trust capitalist companies?

Good, you should be riding that recumbent in your avatar anyway. Get an electric car. Install a huge solar PV system. The large ones cost a lot less per KWatt. You'll pay it off in 7 years, then you'll have free household electricity and car fuel for life!
Hard to ride that trike in the 15 inches of snow we got.

That pipeline has yet to be finished, so obviously not proceeding with the pipeline construction didn't cause a shortage when it was not yet flowing perform, or didn't you understand that.
Yet? It's been cancelled. However there was a contract between the United States and Canada (https://local798.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/national-pipeline-agreement-2017-2020.pdf) which led to decisions about future use, amount of crude to be generated either shale, traditional, etc., as well as needs of crude to OPEC, South America, etc. This isn't instant, so when a pipeline gets cancelled and the future flow of crude is changed, yes it may effect short term prices.

Any comment on the other three reasons?

Yet? It's been cancelled. However there was a contract between the United States and Canada (https://local798.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/national-pipeline-agreement-2017-2020.pdf) which led to decisions about future use, amount of crude to be generated either shale, traditional, etc., as well as needs of crude to OPEC, South America, etc. This isn't instant, so when a pipeline gets cancelled and the future flow of crude is changed, yes it may effect short term prices.

Any comment on the other three reasons?
The flow never started, so it isn't changed.

That oil wasn't staying in the US. It was Canadian tar sands oil to be refined on the Gulf Coast and then exported to China and India.

Just for the record I filled the tank on my car today. I paid $10 + over what it cost to fill the car on Nov 1 last year. It will you too! And this is probably just the start.

Arent you glad you voted for that fool???
It is just the start. Where do you think the $$ for the covid vaccines and distribution, for the bailout for people and businesses, is going to come from? It started with the last administration.

Do you think it's unfair that we're all going to have to pay for this stuff one way or another?

What caused the spike in prices? As far as i can tell, it was problems in the Texas refineries due to the extreme cold spell there. Is Biden in charge of the weather? Why wasn’t Texas better prepared for the cold spell?
Gas was going up before that event.

Hard to ride that trike in the 15 inches of snow we got.
I gave you a second option - that's what I'm doing --- Get an electric car. Install a huge solar PV system. The large ones cost a lot less per KWatt. You'll pay it off in 7 years, then you'll have free household electricity and car fuel for life!

GOP = Gas Overconsumption Party

What did you Biden voters expect. You knew the demented old fool was against oil. He is stopping fracking, stopping discovery on Fed lands, and many other ANTI OIL moves with his asinine EOs.

Every single driver is now paying an additional $10 and more on every fill up of their car. Money that could boost buying and get people back to work. For this single damned ignorant move he should be impeached!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What did you Biden voters expect. You knew the demented old fool was against oil. He is stopping fracking, stopping discovery on Fed lands, and many other ANTI OIL moves with his asinine EOs.

Every single driver is now paying an additional $10 and more on every fill up of their car. Money that could boost buying and get people back to work. For this single damned ignorant move he should be impeached!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice rant, but you still haven't answered the question as to whether Biden has any responsibility for this particular price spike. Why are you so afraid to.

Just for the record I filled the tank on my car today. I paid $10 + over what it cost to fill the car on Nov 1 last year. It will you too! And this is probably just the start.

What??? Are conspiracy nutters still talking about gas prices now in march? 😂

here this was from a foreigner around Jan 15th when nutters started lying and crying about this LMAO

"Foreign Perspective
Imagine being a grown man with an American type of education available to you and even google, yet you still think that your president controls gas prices or is even largely influential to them. How much ignorance does that take to just ignore the fact that oil is a global commodity and it’s traded on the stock market in “futures”. I'm guessing you don’t even know what that means. We won’t even talk about the audacity it takes to cry about prices right now and blame them on a president that has taken office yet. Back in February world economists were already saying prices were going to drop because of covid and supply vs demand (do you know what that is?), then raise earlier than expected and probably hit a high we haven’t seen in a while. Yes, in FEBRUARY of 2020 but here we are in January 2021 and you are blaming it on a guy who isn’t president yet. It's people like you that give Americans bad names. You are probably literally on the special needs scale. You will probably be that same simple shit that blames Biden when your taxes go up this year because you aren’t smart enough to understand Trump's Tax Cut was actually not a cut but a tax delay and taxes are scheduled to go up in 2021, 2023, 2025 and 2027. And oh yeah they will NOT be going up on the rich, only the middle class . . . you are a buffoon!"

Last edited:
Nice rant, but you still haven't answered the question as to whether Biden has any responsibility for this particular price spike. Why are you so afraid to.
Because the thread is about emotion, not facts.

Because the thread is about emotion, not facts.

It’s always about emotion with the right wingers, the primary one being OUTRAGE! They just aren’t happy unless they are ina perpetual state of OUTRAGE! And if they are slipping, they will tune in Tucker Carlson and Hannity In order to renew their OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!

everybody bookmark this thread. gas prices go up and down.

Bwhahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! The only fool here is in your bathroom mirror. The price of gas goes up because the economy is getting stronger. Gas prices were low in November because we were on lockdown and covid cases were getting worse. As the economy opens back up, and people start going back to working in the office, travel will pick up, tourism will pick up, family get-togethers will pick up... These will all drive up demand for gas, and thereby drive up the price of gas.

As usual, everything Trump supporters know about economics is backwards.

A number of people have now cited the reasons for the recent spike in gas prices, but I take it that you are more into fact-free rants, eh?

Back
Top Bottom