• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NOTAM

What a stupid thing to be triggered about. I used to assist with hiring pilots, male and female. Not "airmen".

OK, but if wasn’t part of the solution then it was part of the problem. BTW, female pilots aren’t growing types of air traffic.
Unmanned vehicles are, BTW.

And it's a false statement to say if it's not part of the solution, it's part of the problem. Because it could very well be some tangential matter that had no effect on the system.

I learned to fly 1984 and through my entire flying career which temporarily was put on hold a few years ago m(but will resume this year) it was Notice to Airmen. Seems it changed end of last year.

Silliness. But frankly no one ever calls them "Notices to Airmen" anyway. We just say NOTAMS.

Guess the only time I'll have to spell out what the acronym means is if a student asks.
Or on the test, if it wasn’t for today’s debacle who would have ever heard?
You seem quite upset about changing the definition of an acronym to more accurately reflect the types of air traffic we currently have.

lol
Point out my “upset.” You come in hot and heavy talking about “snowflakes.” Life isn’t all inclusive, everybody doesn’t get the prom date they want. This foolishness started in the 1980s. Go to kids soccer match and ask, “what’s the score?” They tell you, “oh, we don’t keep score.” Why is that? So no one has to go home a loser!
Trophies for everyone! Life isn’t always fair…….isn’t possible to smooth all the bumps out. I have found your posting usually pretty rational. I can only figure you must be stuck in an airport this morning…..

And it's a false statement to say if it's not part of the solution, it's part of the problem. Because it could very well be some tangential matter that had no effect on the system.
Unmanned vehicles don’t have any self esteem…..;)

Someone still pilots the unmanned vehicle. That person, assuming the vehicle is not excepted (as most small drones are) would still have to check NOTAMS.

And anyway isn't "Unmanned" a micro-agression?

Someone still pilots the unmanned vehicle. That person, assuming the vehicle is not excepted (as most small drones are) would still have to check NOTAMS.

And anyway isn't "Unmanned" a micro-agression?
That’s why this is getting silly, where do you finally say, “enuff!”

Hmm… that (bolded above) seems to be a micro-aggression. Those are likely to be drones.

If they go after Jaws for being a maneater and instead want to refer to him as a person eater then I know it's time to go off grid.

Change is frightening. Next thing you know, instead of calling it a cockpit, they'll be calling it a box office.
Actually... Flight Deck is the preferred term. Cockpit is just so... you know.

I'm just hoping it was something as simple as a computer outage and there wasn't some cyber attack that preceded it.

A preliminary review found contract personnel "unintentionally deleted files," disrupting a key computer system on Jan. 11.

Use to fly many years ago and just heard of this silly change from this thread.
More woke policys?
Same. I haven't flown in few years. The first time a heard a newscaster call it "Air Missions"... I said, no, they have that wrong. Well, I learned something. I agree this change is complete silliness.

Back
Top Bottom