• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Not What We Are Seeing" - US Intel Officials Reject Biden's "Genocide" Claims

Same goal Iran has for Israel

Certainly there is inconsistency in US policy as we allow the Israelis to commit genocide against the Palestinians.

Same goal Iran has for Israel
Stop.....Iran/Israel is a back burner affair for Iran. The real geopolitical driving influence in the ME is Saudi/Iran, not Iran/Israel, not Israel anybody, not the US and anybody and not Russia and anybody. Its Saudi/Iran. The rest of us are bit players.

Israelie politicians need a boogieman larger than the Palestinians and their boogieman of choice is Iran. Iran has much more of an ax to grind with Saudi than it has with Israel. Even the Iraq/Iran war was part and parcel of Saudi/Iran dynamics. Saudi financed Iraq's war effort with Iran.

Russian propaganda strikes again, faithful flock of Putin apologists eat it up.

Genocide has actual criteria which have to be met for it to qualify. Loosening said criteria as a political tool does nothing but weaken its meaning.

Stop.....Iran/Israel is a back burner affair for Iran. The real geopolitical driving influence in the ME is Saudi/Iran, not Iran/Israel, not Israel anybody, not the US and anybody and not Russia and anybody. Its Saudi/Iran. The rest of us are bit players.

Israelie politicians need a boogieman larger than the Palestinians and their boogieman of choice is Iran. Iran has much more of an ax to grind with Saudi than it has with Israel. Even the Iraq/Iran war was part and parcel of Saudi/Iran dynamics. Saudi financed Iraq's war effort with Iran.
The deputy head of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps said Monday that Tehran’s strategy was to eventually wipe Israel off the “global political map.”

Asked by a reporter in Tehran about Israeli threats to strike Iranian forces deployed in Syria, Brig. Gen. Hossein Salami was quoted by Iranian news outlets as saying, “Our strategy is to erase Israel from the global political map. And it seems that, considering the evil that Israel is doing, it is bringing itself closer to that.”

He added: “We announce that if Israel does anything to start a new war, it will obviously be the war that will end with its elimination, and the occupied territories will be returned. The Israelis will not have even a cemetery in Palestine to bury their own corpses.”

The deputy head of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps said Monday that Tehran’s strategy was to eventually wipe Israel off the “global political map.”

Asked by a reporter in Tehran about Israeli threats to strike Iranian forces deployed in Syria, Brig. Gen. Hossein Salami was quoted by Iranian news outlets as saying, “Our strategy is to erase Israel from the global political map. And it seems that, considering the evil that Israel is doing, it is bringing itself closer to that.”

He added: “We announce that if Israel does anything to start a new war, it will obviously be the war that will end with its elimination, and the occupied territories will be returned. The Israelis will not have even a cemetery in Palestine to bury their own corpses.”

Sabre rattling. Iran does not have the means to do that and even if and when they have the means Iran would simply end up a large crater in the ground. I actually don't think they are interested in being a large crater in the ground.

Sabre rattling. Iran does not have the means to do that and even if and when they have the means Iran would simply end up a large crater in the ground. I actually don't think they are interested in being a large crater in the ground.
People like VySky aren't capable of thinking about subjects like this in non simplistic ways.

Genocide has actual criteria which have to be met for it to qualify. Loosening said criteria as a political tool does nothing but weaken its meaning.

It does, and shuffling over to the UN gives you those standards based on and starting with the 1948 Genocide Convention.

Despite the hype from the FoxNews / Zero Hedge and of course their supporters Putin / Russia, we have every reason to conclude war crimes trials are needed for not just indiscriminate killing of women and children but civilian executions and attempt to cover up those crimes.

More Biden lies.

False flag Joey.

———

The comments sparked reactions from around the diplomatic world.

French President Emmanuel Macron was the most outspoken, refusing to back Biden’s claim that Russia is committing “genocide” in Ukraine. The French leader instead warned that an escalation of rhetoric wouldn’t bring peace.

On the same day Biden accused Russia of genocide, Newsweek published an article quoting a senior official from the Pentagon’s Defense Intelligence Agency who said the civilian casualties in Ukraine are typical of modern warfare and “hardly” amount to genocide.

The DIA official: said "I am not for a second excusing Russia's war crimes, nor forgetting that Russia invaded the country."

"But the number of actual deaths is hardly genocide. If Russia had that objective or was intentionally killing civilians, we'd see a lot more than less than .01 percent in places like Bucha," the official emphasized.

Quick! Jump to Vladimir's defense!!

Certainly there is inconsistency in US policy as we allow the Israelis to commit genocide against the Palestinians.
Don't forget the Israeli genocide against the martians.

It does, and shuffling over to the UN gives you those standards based on and starting with the 1948 Genocide Convention.

Despite the hype from the FoxNews / Zero Hedge and of course their supporters Putin / Russia, we have every reason to conclude war crimes trials are needed for not just indiscriminate killing of women and children but civilian executions and attempt to cover up those crimes.

There is, in fact, a difference between war crimes and genocide.

Russian propaganda strikes again, faithful flock of Putin apologists eat it up.
You don't need to be a Putin apologist to realize that words have meaning, committing a war crime doesn't automatically mean that a systematic genocide of an ethnic/national group was conducted.

There is, in fact, a difference between war crimes and genocide.

Of course there is, now tell us why Putin / Russia should only be limited to investigations into war crimes. Why skip over genocide? All those mass graves and people shot with their arms tied behind their backs not good enough for you?

Of course there is, now tell us why Putin / Russia should only be limited to investigations into war crimes. Why skip over genocide? All those mass graves and people shot with their arms tied behind their backs not good enough for you?

Because “investigating genocide” without evidence of such runs the risk of rendering the term meaningless. America committed war crimes in Iraq. Does that mean we should be investigated for “genocide”?

Because “investigating genocide” without evidence of such runs the risk of rendering the term meaningless. America committed war crimes in Iraq. Does that mean we should be investigated for “genocide”?

Why should the US not be investigated for either? (Meaning, why run with whataboutism?)

Why should the US not be investigated for either? (Meaning, why run with whataboutism?)

Because we didn’t commit genocide in Iraq, and said investigation would be little more than weaponizing the term for political gain.

Gee, much like what’s happened here.

Because we didn’t commit genocide in Iraq, and said investigation would be little more than weaponizing the term for political gain.

Gee, much like what’s happened here.

So if it is not whataboutism, what makes you think Russia has not committed genocide?

So if it is not whataboutism, what makes you think Russia has not committed genocide?

Because, as I said, genocide has actual legal criteria which have to be met....and they haven’t.

There’s a reason why the term of genocide is designed to be hard to prove.

Because, as I said, genocide has actual legal criteria which have to be met....and they haven’t.

There’s a reason why the term of genocide is designed to be hard to prove.

Then define it.

Educate yourself

I clamed the UN on the matter, your turn. I am not interested in why it is difficult to prove, I am asking you define genocide.

Come out from behind the security blanket and put something forward.

I clamed the UN on the matter, your turn. I am not interested in why it is difficult to prove, I am asking you define genocide.

Come out from behind the security blanket and put something forward.

Again, I literally provided a source explaining why genocide is so hard to prove. Nothing we have fits the criteria as laid out in said source. As as result, it’s not genocide.

Who's arguing that? Try an keep up. It's not what Sliden Biden called it... genocide according to DIA offical
Biden also made it clear that he thought it may be genocide and he'd leave it up to the lawyers to find the truth. Putin is not killing citizens by accident. And the numbers reported are likely very low as half of them are burned up, buried in rubble or intentionally incinerated in the Russian mobile crematoriums.

Putin has committed every war crime on the books. Genocide has yet to be determined. I would say it's real close.

Biden also made it clear that he thought it may be genocide and he'd leave it up to the lawyers to find the truth. Putin is not killing citizens by accident. And the numbers reported are likely very low as half of them are burned up, buried in rubble or intentionally incinerated in the Russian mobile crematoriums.

Putin has committed every war crime on the books. Genocide has yet to be determined. I would say it's real close.
Funny how so many think they have been through what the Jews and blacks have.

More Biden lies.

False flag Joey.

———

The comments sparked reactions from around the diplomatic world.

French President Emmanuel Macron was the most outspoken, refusing to back Biden’s claim that Russia is committing “genocide” in Ukraine. The French leader instead warned that an escalation of rhetoric wouldn’t bring peace.

On the same day Biden accused Russia of genocide, Newsweek published an article quoting a senior official from the Pentagon’s Defense Intelligence Agency who said the civilian casualties in Ukraine are typical of modern warfare and “hardly” amount to genocide.

The DIA official: said "I am not for a second excusing Russia's war crimes, nor forgetting that Russia invaded the country."

"But the number of actual deaths is hardly genocide. If Russia had that objective or was intentionally killing civilians, we'd see a lot more than less than .01 percent in places like Bucha," the official emphasized.

I would wish you a happy Easter but the Eastern Orthodox religion which is the majority religion in Russia doesn't celebrate easter until the 24th of April. Do you only lick Putin's boots or will your future worshipping move higher?

Russian Orthodox Church, one of the largest autocephalous, or ecclesiastically independent, Eastern Orthodox churches in the world. Its membership is estimated at more than 90 million. For more on Orthodox beliefs and practices, see Eastern Orthodoxy

Back
Top Bottom