• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Not too fast Liberals

why waste bandwidth on DP with starting a new thread when we have this post in place, for graphs, already in place.:thumbs:

You mean... why bring up stuff that's clearly counter to your argument here on this thread, since you've posted stuff that's pro your argument on other threads, that also doesn't address the things I just brough up?

gotcha...

You mean... why bring up stuff that's clearly counter to your argument here on this thread, since you've posted stuff that's pro your argument on other threads, that also doesn't address the things I just brough up?

gotcha...

Where did you post anything that points out that Bo has from, fiscal 2009 to fiscal 2012, actually shrunk the deficit?

Exactly.

We need to make serious cuts to these entitlement programs so we can afford to make the significant and necessary increases to defense spending.

No the reason for serious cuts to those entitlement programs is so we can balance the budget.

Oh but it is voodoo nonsense, along with the nonsense that Obama is spending like crazy (untrue, his deficit levels have declined YOY and it has been revenue declines that have caused the increases in debt). Tax rates have never been the driver of economic activity or unemployment, whichever goal post you decide to shoot for.

If that is true, then taxing people 100% of their income (government take all your money) would not effect the economy. Translated Marxism.

If that is true, then taxing people 100% of their income (government take all your money) would not effect the economy. Translated Marxism.

No, that's not what he said. Stop seeing the world in black and white. You think lower taxes and small government are good? Therefore you MUST think that 0% taxes and no government would be perfect! Translated: Born Free wants to disband the United States as an entity.

Attempting to connect the dots between the Kennedy era tax cuts and our current state is patently absurd. Ya know, historically high effective rates vs effective rates at their lowest plateau in decades, and other minute differences of the sort.

Your affiliation "very liberal" translates to borrow, spend, and tax.

Versus what the GOP presidents have done in the past which is borrow, spend, and tax cuts which results in more debt that YOU have supported by voting for them.

I find this, and other threads like it hilarious. Does anyone remember 2004? How many lefties insisted that Bush got elected due to fraud and corrupt courts? Now its Obama's turn and suddenly voter fraud does not occur or there is so little of it that it can't affect the outcome of a Presidential election. And Holder is only doing his duty by ignoring such conspiracy theories.

Been waiting to use this...

View attachment 67138394

Except they are not exactly the same thing.

The argument about the election in 2004 was 1) not about voter fraud, but voter suppression; 2) was in one state (Ohio) that actually swung the election and 3) did not involve the courts.

The voter suppression argument was that the Republican party deliberately held down voter capacity in Cuyahoga County (Cleveland), which forced people to wait in very long lines to vote and thus suppressed the Democratic vote. This is not voter fraud, but pretty typical election gamesmanship that that plagues most of our elections. We could argue that merits, morality or legality of such things, but there is pretty good evidence that it occurred and MAY have effected the outcome.

2004 United States election voting controversies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What is being discussed about the election of 2012 is actual voter fraud.... some sort of allegation that there are tens of thousands of illegitimate votes (people perpetrating felonies) across multiple states, in sufficient volume so as to change the outcome of the results of not 1, 2 or even 3 states, but 4 or more; sufficient to actually change the ultimate result of the election of the POTUS. Anyone that actually thinks through the practicalities of planning, much less executing, such an orchestrated fraud would quickly realize the absurdity of thinking that it could actually be done on a national scale.

The 2004 allegations were plausible; the 2012 allegations are beyond absurd to the point of complete delusion (really just denial)...

BTW.. great graphic. You should save it and use it in a place where the message is pertinent.

Last edited:
Except they are not exactly the same thing.

The argument about the election in 2004 was 1) not about voter fraud, but voter suppression; 2) was in one state (Ohio) that actually swung the election and 3) did not involve the courts.

The voter suppression argument was that the Republican party deliberately held down voter capacity in Cuyahoga County (Cleveland), which forced people to wait in very long lines to vote and thus suppressed the Democratic vote. This is not voter fraud, but pretty typical election gamesmanship that that plagues most of our elections. We could argue that merits, morality or legality of such things, but there is pretty good evidence that it occurred and MAY have effected the outcome.

2004 United States election voting controversies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What is being discussed about the election of 2012 is actual voter fraud.... some sort of allegation that there are tens of thousands of illegitimate votes (people perpetrating felonies) across multiple states, in sufficient volume so as to change the outcome of the results of not 1, 2 or even 3 states, but 4 or more; sufficient to actually change the ultimate result of the election of the POTUS. Anyone that actually thinks through the practicalities of planning, much less executing, such an orchestrated fraud would quickly realize the absurdity of thinking that it could actually be done on a national scale.

The 2004 allegations were plausible; the 2012 allegations are beyond absurd to the point of complete delusion (really just denial)...

BTW.. great graphic. You should save it and use it in a place where the message is pertinent.

I'm pretty sure that I remember what I do. There was lots of talk of voter fraud at that time also. And yes, the courts were involved. They were the ones that declared Bush the winner that year due to the problems that happened in Florida.

Edit: You may be thinking about the 2000 election. Don't quite remember that one so not sure.

I'm pretty sure that I remember what I do. There was lots of talk of voter fraud at that time also. And yes, the courts were involved. They were the ones that declared Bush the winner that year due to the problems that happened in Florida.

Edit: You may be thinking about the 2000 election. Don't quite remember that one so not sure.

Apparently you do not, because Florida was not an issue in 2004; it was THE ISSUE in 2000. The Supreme Court was involved in 2000. It was not in 2004.

Uhhhh...the context was not Marxism. Apply your straw in some other bed.

Uhhhh...the context was not Marxism. Apply your straw in some other bed.

He can't draw a line between a 3% increase in top marginal income tax rates and communism. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Versus what the GOP presidents have done in the past which is borrow, spend, and tax cuts which results in more debt that YOU have supported by voting for them.

I have never and never will approve of any president not balancing the budget. Not anyone. So that leaves the worst offenders, Obama has raised the national debt by 6 trillion in just 4 years and is on target to raise it another 4 trillion in the next 4 years for a grand total of over 10 trillion in just 8 yrs. That trumps all the president before him combined. Obama is the worst in US history for borrowing, spending, and freebees. And the worst part of it is what does he have to show for it. A 1.3% GDP, more people on food stamps, more poor than ever, high unemployment. Now go champion the guy you voted for, Obamafreebee

I have never and never will approve of any president not balancing the budget. Not anyone. So that leaves the worst offenders, Obama has raised the national debt by 6 trillion in just 4 years and is on target to raise it another 4 trillion in the next 4 years for a grand total of over 10 trillion in just 8 yrs. That trumps all the president before him combined. Obama is the worst in US history for borrowing, spending, and freebees. And the worst part of it is what does he have to show for it. A 1.3% GDP, more people on food stamps, more poor than ever, high unemployment. Now go champion the guy you voted for, Obamafreebee

Really, is that why you and other conservatives voted for Bush? Yeah you didn't support that, but you voted for him. :roll: Sure tell us another lie.

BTW I didn't vote for Obama, I voted for Gary Johnson, but don't let facts get in the way of your lying.

Rachel Zoll from the Huffington Post said:
Last month, more than 1,500 pastors, organized by the Alliance Defending Freedom, endorsed a candidate from the pulpit and then sent a record of their statement to the IRS, hoping their challenge would eventually end up in court. The Alliance has organized the event, called "Pulpit Freedom Sunday," since 2008. The IRS has never contacted a pastor involved in the protest.
First, I liked the way that the Huffington Post actually showed a non-biased approach by including the 'Left' in on this article too.
But this just goes to show you how powerful that religion has become as a lobbyist group in this country. There is nothing wrong (and I do believe in giving religious organizations leeway on their spoken beliefs, such as abortions, but only the idea on of their thoughts while not verbally--or written--word on a candidate.) with saying what you think; however, seeing that "church and state" should be separated and religious organizations are considered religious--not political--and seeing that those organizations do receive a non-tax status, those religious organizations should hold true to their spiritual status; if not, than those organizations should pay taxes as any other organization that is known to be of a political one; it's not fair for one group of people getting that much of an edge while others do not. :roll:

Oh wait....lets review your original claim:
You DID claim Canada used "it" (lowered top marginal PERSONAL income rates), and then you compound the errors in your argument by showing that Canadian fed revenue has been increasing at the exact same rate as US.
LMFAO... I love how you presume to know what "it" means... and obviously "it" means something from the first paragraph, not the more recent line that "reducing taxes created growth"...

No... there's absolutely no way "it" could have meant the general strategy of reducing taxes... "it" obviously has to apply to only the top tier marginal rate in a progressive income tax strategy... God, you're such a clown the way you take existing information and turn it into a bunch of paper flowers... Especially considering I have been arguing to keep existing income tax rates where they are, and reduce corporate and capital gains taxes on this thread for nearly a year now... To suggest I am only concerned with dropping the top marginal rate is ridiculous... (I seriously hope you’re aware that the top bracket of the marginal progressive rate was not the only tax cut that JFK created… He dropped capital gains taxes as well)

Then, you’re so foolish to not even notice how the Canadian's dropping corporate tax rates and it creating growth that has allowed their revenue to continue to grow as well, which hasn't hurt their revenue, as furthering my point... that tax cuts don't cost revenue, and spending cuts are what is necessary...

So please explain, how when the Canadian's cut corporate tax rates by a significant margin, yet their tax revenue grew at the same rate as a nation that has exceedingly high tax rates somehow would indicate that we need to have high tax rates in order to gain revenue? It doesn't... It actually shows us that focusing on tax increases is still a bad approach...

Except that they did not when it comes to personal income rates....which was your original argument....but you decide to shift your goalpost to fit your changing argument.
LMFAO... this same old claim when you’ve been disproven, by claiming I am "moving the goalposts" which you think are already set in the wrong spot...

See, when you misinterpret, misquote, misconstrue what I say to mean something other than what I did, it's not me moving goalposts, it's you not even having a clue what game we are playing...

If you want to stick the goalpost analogy, it’s me putting goalposts down, you not seeing them, then claiming you scored when you were way out of bounds... so I made the goalposts bigger, and brighter so you can't miss em... Then you accuse me of cheating… thinking I only did it after you missed…

Clearly the “it” followed “by reducing taxes” part… Also, I never said Reagan dropped the top marginal bracket alone either… as he also dropped capital gains taxes… the strategy was targeted tax reductions to increase investment… if you don’t get that, maybe you should re-learn the use of pronouns.

"indicative"? FFS, your failure is bad enough, now you can't use proper English?
Now, you are trying to give me grammar lessons… that’s hilarious…

Coughindicativeisawordcough…

Indicative - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
“in•dic•a•tive adjective \in-ˈdi-kə-tiv\
1: of, relating to, or constituting a verb form or set of verb forms that represents the denoted act or state as an objective fact <the indicative mood>
2: serving to indicate <actions indicative of fear>
— in•dic•a•tive•ly - adverb “

BTW… it’s a fairly common term. It’s not like I’m pulling punches with infrequently used vocabulary. How on earth you were thrown by that is beyond me. Chalk it up to holiday stress?

The personal tax rates during Ike's terms had nothing to do with the recessions that caused the higher levels of UE in the first place, you are still operating on correlation without causation.
No, you are assuming causation… or an argument based on causation… No one is saying the tax rate caused stagnation, decline, etc. No one is saying low tax rates equates to low unemployment. Like everything unemployment is cyclical.

What’s said is rate changes have a temporal effect on investment and spending (not governmental but private sector consumer and corporate spending), which encourages commerce and creates a fluidity to the market and creates a period of growth.

JFK/Johnson used tax cuts to re-invigorate the post-war economic boom, while the US was still in a dominant position globally. Reagan didn’t have such a dominate position in the world, as Japan and Germany began to flourish, and the Soviets gained ground globally in the 1970s, however, tax cuts under Reagan were instrumental in getting the economy stimulated again, while monetary policy was being adjusted to control inflation. Later in his administration capital gains tax raises preceded a massive dip in the market.

I will also add that Clinton also benefited from tax cuts. Though he raised personal income tax rates, he worked with Republicans in Congress to get capital gains taxes lowered, and approved tax numerous new tax-deferred investment options like the 529s, Roth IRA’s etc. which reached out to new classes of investors in the newly forming upper middle class and e-traders. As a result, in the mid 90s investment grew massively driving the spur of growth which was the famed ‘Clinton Economy’. However, it too came to an end in the early 2000s recession, which is why we had the creation of the Bush Tax Cuts, which spurred a recovery period during the Bush Administration.

The UE level is not an indicator of what tax rates were, it’s an indicator of how well we were growing, that there were ample jobs around to sustain even a booming population… as that was the period the post-war baby boomers were entering the workforce. In many ways it’s a better indicator than nominal GDP, which includes a lot of over-speculative prices and is effected by inflation. Nominal GDP, % of GDP, and other things also can become skewed depending on the level of growth, etc.

Under JFK/Johnson, the economy grew from targeted tax cuts, and fiscally responsible spending. While JFK/Johnson added new social programs and increased defense spending, they did so with new revenue, and were still able to pay the WWII debt down. Proof that it can be done.

It still appalls me to this day that Democrats have abandoned their old platform, that was immensely successful.

This is the voodoo argument exposed, if you are trying to directly link tax rates to unemployment (which you were), then it should be consistent....but guess what, it is not. And as the Congressional Research Service Report On Tax Cuts For Wealthy showed (and confirmed by other studies) the neocon voodoo myth of tax rates CAUSING "economic growth" is a total falsehood.
Hmm… really?
bg1765figure3sm.ashx

Cuz that chart seems to indicate that capital gains top rate tax cuts seems to have an effect on increased federal revenue, whereby an increase in revenue occurs as the result of a decrease in capital gains and a decrease in revenue occurs following an increase in capital gains taxes.

That federal revenue reflects increased economic activity in the private sector. So if we drop capital gains taxes we could experience growth in the economy and in turn growth in federal revenue…

So why would Obama want to raise capital gains taxes on everyone, and raise it even higher on the top bracket?

Also, this site shows fairly well how dropping corporate tax rates increases personal disposable income, which has an effect of increased GDP and decreased unemployment…

Corporate America To The Rescue?*|*| Defunct Economist

See… you’re mistaking the fact that people of one mindset release studies including only the information they want people to think as proof…. When they either are unaware or simply chose not to include others… There’s a whole other school of thought based on sound evidence, which has been proven successful on numerous occasions.

Oh but it is voodoo nonsense, along with the nonsense that Obama is spending like crazy (untrue, his deficit levels have declined YOY and it has been revenue declines that have caused the increases in debt).
His deficit levels have decreased because Congress failed to approve his requested budgets of $3.8T, $3.7T, and $3.8T… So we are acting on a lower budget of $3.6T… Which got $200B worth of defense budget cuts from sequestration (cuts to perhaps the most important aspects of the defense budget, R&D, and foreign security personnel. For all the grandstanding about not needing a large standing army, it’s not the standing army that got cut).

Still you lack the real perspective. Government spending under Bush was at $2.7T when he left and revenue was at $2.5T. Obama raised that $2.7T to $3.4T, then $3.6T… (he wanted to raise it again to $3.8T). That’s a raise of $900B in spending from Bush’s budget. Revenue dropped from $2.5T to $2.1T with the job losses AND additional tax breaks and credits which were put in place by Obama. That’s a $400B drop in revenue… However, since then revenue has recovered to $2.3T, and is expected to be $2.5T for this year. That would mean that revenue is at the same level is was under Bush… That will leave us with a $900B deficit, which consists entirely of the increase in spending under Obama….

Here it is with inflation adjusted numbers to 2012 dollars;
Federal Spending Exceeds Federal Revenue by More than $1 Trillion

I’m not as big a fan of %GDP measurements, since it changes depending on GDP growth, decline, or stagnation. However, I will provide it as well;

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...enue_and_Expense_to_GDP_Chart_1993_-_2008.png

Average revenue prior to Obama was about 18.1, he has 15.3% or a decrease of 2.8%
Average spending prior to Obama was about 20.9%, he has 24%, or an increase of 3.1%

That shows an increase in spending, more so than revenue, but it undersells the revenue, which is increasing and expected to be much higher this year.

This chart shows that much better;
640px-CBO_-_Revenues_and_Outlays_as_percent_GDP.png

There you can see how revenue is projected to be well above average, but you can also see how beginning in 2007, the fairytale congress of Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi began a massive increase in spending is as well that will continue well above average into the future.

There is also Federal Outlays Per Capita…

%7BEE9F4C4A-DD60-4302-B54F-07D3F02CC9F6%7D09142012_Federal_Outpays_PerCapita.jpg

Which clearly shows Obama has increased spending…

However, I think what more people are upset with Obama with most is the drastic increase in the debt…

640px-U.S._Total_Deficits_vs._National_Debt_Increases_2001-2010.png

us-federal-debt-by-president-political-party.jpg

us-federal-debt-percentage-gdp-by-president-political-party.jpg

Yes, that has been slowing… but it has remained unacceptably high. It is tied in with the deficit, but it’s also tied in with the lack of economic growth as a result of all of this spending (the argument for it).

Tax rates have never been the driver of economic activity or unemployment, whichever goal post you decide to shoot for.
You’re wrong. Increases/Reductions of tax rates have almost always had a positive or negative influence on the economy.

And just to highlight the ridiculousness of your argument, you are objecting to an increase of less than 3% on income above $250K. We had that rate before, even higher, and it did not cause the sky to fall or send the economy into the dumper.
We had that rate before, under Clinton… when we had 3 successive quarters of GDP growth at about 4%... We had already come out of the 1990-92 recession by that point in 93… That economy was expanding from the increases in access to PCs, the internet, e-commerce, mobile technology, etc. which created a whole new avenue for business… So we didn’t have the same stagnant and struggling economy when we did so.

You also discount the fact that there were tax cuts in that same Clinton Administration, to capital gains, and tax deferred investments created, which act as tax cuts. That helped drive investment in the marketplace that was expanding with the IPOs and new investors of the upper middle class.

We had that rate before when we also had our highest level debt in history… You cant squeeze blood from a stone… How many many rich do you think there are, in order to keep supporting the government spending that has increased at exponential rates?

Spending is the issue… Not revenue… We don’t have trouble funding the government because we aren’t taxing the rich… we are having trouble funding government, because we’ve allowed government to balloon in size to where it protrudes into every aspect of our life…

Federal Spending Grew Nearly 12 Times Faster than Median Income

You are just falling into the trap of defending wealthy individuals who don't need your help while you work against your own self interests.
No, you are falling into the false narrative that the rich are evil, and only self interested… while the poor are all hard working responsible people who are just victims of the rich.

That goes against nearly all logic.

The overwhelming majority of the poor are so because they continually repeat behaviors known to result in poverty conditions. While the overwhelming amount of charitable donations and charities themselves are given by and organized by the moderately wealthy and the rich.

You keep saying this 250K rate… that $250K rate includes Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, etc. who go to 7-12 years of higher level schooling, in order to perform services that not everyone in the general population is capable of doing. They’re specialty services. To me that’s not something we should be punishing with higher tax rates, but rewarding with the ability to reap the financial benefits of all the struggles along the way in order to become a doctor. It also includes those successful small business owners, and small businesses classified as S Corps. That risk involved with starting up a business, and hiring new employees to help them start them up is yet another thing I don’t think we should be punishing with higher tax rates, but rewarding with the ability to reap the profits that they’ve sewn.

Furthermore, I also know that the rich will just find ways to get around the tax rates. You know this as well, given that you’ve often pointed out that Romney paid 14% in taxes (while ignoring that Obama paid 21% in taxes). The average effective tax rate for the top bracket is about 21% right now, eventhough the marginal rate is 35%. So why is it you think that raising the rate from 35% to 39.6% is suddenly going to mean the rich are paying a 39.6% effective tax rate? No, they will just find more ways around paying taxes. That will include moving their money to offshore accounts, taking that capital out of our economy.

I know you fell in love with the Robinhood story of tax the rich to feed the poor… However, what you leave out of that dynamic, is that Robinhood was doing so, because the King was away, and the Sheriff had raised taxes while he was away, to pay for government services, then as there was a greater need for more services, from his inefficient rule, he raised taxes again. He kept raising taxes to support his evil reign in governance, and was squeezing the middle class and the poor with high taxes. Do you realize the irony here? Thankfully at the end of Robinhood, the King returns, and everything goes back to normal, with a small efficient government, noble leadership, and low tax rates…

Now, I’m not falling for anything… I’m well aware of sound economic principals and the things that drive them. I just come from a different perspective… It is an opinion that is well researched and argued by numerous intelligent people.

Federal Spending Exceeds Federal Revenue by More than $1 Trillion
Federal Spending Grew Nearly 12 Times Faster than Median Income
The Laffer Curve: Past, Present, and Future
Corporate America To The Rescue?*|*| Defunct Economist
Marginal Tax Rates Killed Growth And Threaten Earnings - NASDAQ.com
Federal taxation for dummies « A Heapin' Plate of Conservative Politics & Religion

You can accept that, and continue this discussion, but if you’re going to continue to assume anyone with a different opinion is making things up, then I guess we are done here.

A balanced budget would have lost world war 2.

Perhaps if you admit that things are more complicated than "borrowing is always bad," we can discuss the rest of you oversimplifications. (they are numerous")

A balanced budget would have lost world war 2.

Perhaps if you admit that things are more complicated than "borrowing is always bad," we can discuss the rest of you oversimplifications. (they are numerous")

We're not in a World War though. WWII was a necessity and that cost would have been acceptable. The wars we are in now however we should be out of...to be frank we shouldn't have gotten in them in the first place. Small strike forces would have been far cheaper than out right war. It didn't take the whole army to take out Bin Laden, it took a seal team.

Besides, there is a difference between borrowing to pay the bills or other necessities and borrowing to excess to accomplish some moral pov that isn't even held by everyone. (extension of unemployment for example)

And just to highlight the ridiculousness of your argument, you are objecting to an increase of less than 3% on income above $250K. We had that rate before, even higher, and it did not cause the sky to fall or send the economy into the dumper.

Also... this "less than 3%" thing is ridiculous...

Raising 35% to 39.6% is a raise of 4.6%pts, but it's a 13% tax hike...

It's also not the only tax that is getting raised... since capital gains are to be raised as well, from 15% to 20% (a 33% hike), and Obama want's it to increase to 23.6% (which is a 57.3% hike)...

Seriously, what reaction do you think a 13% hike in conjuction with a 33%-57.3% hike in capital gains tax is going to do the stagnant economy we currently have? What do you think the extra $150B in revenue expected from it is really going to do to fix the problem?

Also... this "less than 3%" thing is ridiculous...

Raising 35% to 39.6% is a raise of 4.6%pts, but it's a 13% tax hike...

It's also not the only tax that is getting raised... since capital gains are to be raised as well, from 15% to 20% (a 33% hike), and Obama want's it to increase to 23.6% (which is a 57.3% hike)...

Seriously, what reaction do you think a 13% hike in conjuction with a 33%-57.3% hike in capital gains tax is going to do the stagnant economy we currently have? What do you think the extra $150B in revenue expected from it is really going to do to fix the problem?

Likely very little. Both ways.

But raising revenue is part of what needs to be done. We also need to address spending.

Likely very little. Both ways.

But raising revenue is part of what needs to be done. We also need to address spending.

Wrong... raising taxes like that will send us to a recession... That's even the words of the architect of the Clinton Era tax rates, Bill Clinton himself...

revenue is already on the rise... and will continue to grow as long as the economy is growing... However, what you don't realize, is that we collect the most revenue when the economy is growing fastest... and that's what would occur with a capital gains tax cut and a corporate tax cut...

Spending is what needs to be addressed most for the US Government's internal fiscal mess...

but for the economy as a whole, we need to realize we are competing in a global marketplace with one arm tied behind our back... drop corporate tax rates down from 35%, and drop capital gains taxes to spurr a period of private investment and spending, which result in growth... that will drive revenue most...

Wrong... raising taxes like that will send us to a recession... That's even the words of the architect of the Clinton Era tax rates, Bill Clinton himself...

revenue is already on the rise... and will continue to grow as long as the economy is growing... However, what you don't realize, is that we collect the most revenue when the economy is growing fastest... and that's what would occur with a capital gains tax cut and a corporate tax cut...

Spending is what needs to be addressed most for the US Government's internal fiscal mess...

but for the economy as a whole, we need to realize we are competing in a global marketplace with one arm tied behind our back... drop corporate tax rates down from 35%, and drop capital gains taxes to spurr a period of private investment and spending, which result in growth... that will drive revenue most...

Spend less time with words and look at actual history. We have done well with high tax rates and low, and done poorly with both as well. There is little to no real connection to taxes and prosperity.

Back
Top Bottom