• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Not Tonight Honey, I Got the Blues

Risky Thicket

Sewer Rat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Blues and blues only here. Post it brothers and sisters.

Mr. Elmore James ~ Baby Set A Date

<em>

Mr. Taj Mahal ~ You Gonna Need Somebody On Your Bond

Lawd, you can't play the blues without Miss Koko Taylor ~ Evil. I love this song. The bass line just knocks me out.

Great harp as well.

Mr. Muddy Waters and Mr. Johnny Winter ~ Bus Driver

Winter produced this incredible album by Muddy Waters. Pure blues.

Listen to this white girl sing the blues! Ms. Susan Tedeschi (Trucks) ~ It Hurts So Bad.

Traveling Riverside Blues-Robert Johnson.

In the second verse of this song, Johnson uses the lyrics: "I got womens in Vicksburg, Clean on into Tennessee." This is actually true, but with a slight twist. Whenever Johnson came upon a new town, he would pick the ugliest girl in that town, figuring, that she would have no boyfriend and by extension no competition. He did this so that whenever he returned, he would always have a place to stay.

Led Zeppelin's version of Traveling Riverside Blues:

Traveling Riverside Blues-Robert Johnson.

In the second verse of this song, Johnson uses the lyrics: "I got womens in Vicksburg, Clean on into Tennessee." This is actually true, but with a slight twist. Whenever Johnson came upon a new town, he would pick the ugliest girl in that town, figuring, that she would have no boyfriend and by extension no competition. He did this so that whenever he returned, he would always have a place to stay.

Led Zeppelin's version of Traveling Riverside Blues:

Love it!

The Iceman himself, and the Master of the Telecaster...

Albert Collins:

The Thrill Is Gone. The best ever IMHO ~ Traci Chapman & Mr. BB King

Oh law', somebody he'p me! While You Were Slipping Out ~ Mr. Buddy Guy. It can't get much better than Buddy Guy.

Junior Wells and Buddy Guy - Snatch it back and hold it

Elmore James - The Sky is Crying

Blind Lemon Jefferson - See That my Grave is Kept Clean

This is it for tonight. As far as I am concerned this particular cut is the quintessential contemporary blues song. It is down home, juke joint blues at its very best. If you have ever been lucky enough to be in a predominantly Black juke joint on Saturday night down South, this is the kind of incredible music you might be fortunate enough to hear. It is a rare treat.

Mr. Willie King ~ It Takes A Good Woman. This is raw real blues at its very best.

Big Mama Thorton - Big Mama's Comin' Home

Charlie Patton - I'm Goin' Home

Bessie Smith - Tain't Nobody's Business If I Do

Mike Bloomfield and Al Kooper - Stop

Back
Top Bottom